Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Items For Sale or Trade

Old 10-15-2022, 12:18 PM   #1
Magnimus
Alternator
The Stunti-Con-Job Botcon 2011 Box Set

I'm selling off a lot of my collection and all my Animated figures, but I'm starting with the big one. I'm selling a complete Stunti-Con Job 2011 Botcon boxset.

I'd rather this go to someone on the boards who can do local pick up to avoid the hassle of shipping and insurance, so I'm pricing this item at $900.00 CAD for local pick up in Hamilton, ON.

Set includes:
  • Animated Dead End, a redeco of Animated Jazz
  • Animated Breakdown, a retool and redeco of Animated Rodimus Minor
  • Animated Drag Strip, a redeco of Animated Arcee
  • Animated Wildrider, a retool and redeco of Animated Blazing Lockdown
  • Animated The Motor Master, a retool and redeco of Animated Optimus Prime
  • All figure instructions and tech specs in original individual bags (not pictured)
  • Bagged (not boarded) copy of The Stunti-Con Job Comic
  • Certificate of Authenticity
  • Both Pins (Autobot and Decepitcon logos)

A note about the condition: Figures have been transformed two or three times, but have been stored these last 11 years in the set box. Figures haven't been removed or transformed in over 8 years. Box has been stored on shelf out of direct sunlight in a smoke-free home. However, due to several household moves, the box has suffered mostly minor damage in the form of light dents and scratches, aside from one major scratch in the lower left hand side over the graphic of Breakdown's face on the top of the box cover.

High res pictures of the box and contents (aside from figure instructions and tech specs) can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dmnl5qnll...sM6gJ46ta?dl=0

Additional photos can be provided upon request for serious inquiries only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01 Box Front.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	52764   Click image for larger version

Name:	02 Figures and Pins.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	52765   Click image for larger version

Name:	03 Comic and COA.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	52766  
Old 10-15-2022, 12:29 PM   #2
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: The Stunti-Con-Job Botcon 2011 Box Set

This is one of the top five sets funpub/botcon ever did. Not something I can remotely afford but if time ever comes ...

Awesome to see these pics.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 09:44 AM   #3
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Mad jellies to whoever can afford this
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 11:16 AM   #4
Magnimus
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Mad jellies to whoever can afford this
I know it's pricey item, but I'm hoping there's someone with a hole in their collection and money to spare who can take this off my hands.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:25 AM   #5
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

I remember when I first became aware of this set - and I love Animated, but I remember thinking "what, they don't combine?"
Plus I was really only big on completing my show cast; didn't into all the redecos (roadbuster mags, freeway jazz, etc)
So a group that wasn't actually in the show wasn't a must-have

But later on it occurred to me how awesome this is, with the new tooling MM head, the dragstrip genderbend, and basically using the different sculpts to apply personalities to each member

I'd hesitate to call it a grail piece for me, because I only kind of want it - but aftermarket on it def puts it in "grail territory", if I can call it that
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 11:58 AM   #6
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I remember when I first became aware of this set - and I love Animated, but I remember thinking "what, they don't combine?"
Plus I was really only big on completing my show cast; didn't into all the redecos (roadbuster mags, freeway jazz, etc)
So a group that wasn't actually in the show wasn't a must-have

But later on it occurred to me how awesome this is, with the new tooling MM head, the dragstrip genderbend, and basically using the different sculpts to apply personalities to each member

I'd hesitate to call it a grail piece for me, because I only kind of want it - but aftermarket on it def puts it in "grail territory", if I can call it that
When my collection was at its biggest, I did own the non-boxed version of the set (I had almost all of Animated).

It really is absolutely stellar. It has some of the very best molds in the line (Lockdown, Rodimus, Arcee) and two very good ones. Sublime decos. Quite frankly I want genderbent Dragstrip forever (screw it DS is female in my head canon now). Motormaster's head is unreal... and then you add in his MACHO MAN mustache.

I agree, y'know, they're Stunticons. They should combine. But so much is just *right* with this set. It's one of the single best box sets BotCon ever did. So unified and tight. Probably Dawn of Future Past is better?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 12:43 PM   #7
Skorpulator
Armada

I remember some 3rd party was supposed to create a kit to make them combine, but it never materialized.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 01:24 PM   #8
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

This is a really sweet set. Honestly all of Animated is great and I got super into it after seeing Maz's photos at the time and watching the show. I am definitely one of those idiots that looked down on it until I actually watched it. And it's definitely in my top 3 TF shows.

I feel lucky I bought a sealed bagged set back in 2015 for $330 CAD shipped. Although that box is nice.. Kind of wish I could get an empty box for the set but I always keep the toys out anyway
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 12:30 PM   #9
Magnimus
Alternator

Bump