Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-18-2015, 06:00 PM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Predaking questions

Before Predaking found out about Megatron's true motives to eradicate " Project Predacon", was Predaking a Decepticon? Cause, he made Starscream his b***h. But what did the Autobots do to have Predaking hunting and attacking them? Even the rest of the Predacons like Darsksteel and Skylynx were attacking the Autobots in Predacons Rising.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2015, 06:18 PM   #2
ironclaugh
Armada
Re: Predaking questions

So basically Shockwave created Predaking back in a lab on Cybertron using CNA from ancient Pradacon fossils. Once Shockwave was rediscovered by the Decepticons he came back to Earth where he was reunited with Megatron.

The Space-bridge was reopened later on and Shockwave brought his fully grown Predacon (Predaking) to Earth to use as a weapon against the Autobots. At this point Predaking is just an animal. He cannot transform, he is simply a Cybernetic Dragon that obeys the will of Shockwave who takes orders from Megatron to who he is completely loyal.

At some point the Autobots send Predaking into the Artic wastes through a Ground Bridge where he becomes frozen. Over this time period Predaking has time to stew and when he is finally returned to the Decepticon warship we see that he is beginning to develop what seems to be basic intelligence. More and more we see the beast becoming more and more intelligent until it is finally revealed that he can transform into a bipedal, sentient and fully articulate being. In this Megatron sees great power but he also recognizes a grave risk in the mighty Predaking becoming so intelligent. It is much harder to control a being who is powerful and knows it.

Starscream has spent the last while in Shockwaves shadow being mostly ignored by Megatron, because of this development Startscream creates a plan. Since Predaking is so powerful and has plans to lead a Predacon army that Shockwave is growing in a laboratory on Earth, Megatron knows once the Autobots are defeated there will be nothing to stop Predaking and his army from crushing the Decepticons. So Megatron agrees to Starsceams plan: Lure the Autobots into Shockwave's Laboratory and have them destroy the Predacon clones. This happens and Predacon goes ballistic, believing the Autobots were solely responsible for the destruction of his brethren (later he finds out that it was Megatron who feared him and ultimately was responsible).

That is why Preadaking hunts the Autobots. As for Skylynx and Darksteel, they are created by Shockwave on Cybtertron as tools to use against the Autobots. This time around Shockwave could create the Predacons differently to ensure that they were able to transform upon creation but lacked the intelligence to ever question Decepticon leadership.

I think that covers it. hehe
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:15 PM   #3
Cerebros
Generation 2

Too much iron going on in this thread.
Cerebros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #4
ironclaugh
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebros View Post
Too much iron going on in this thread.
??
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:42 AM   #5
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

^ He's talking about your names.

Man, I thought this was a question about G1 Predaking. Maybe it's just me, but I almost totally forgotten about Prime. At least to me, it shows how forgettable the show is. Shame. Such wasted potential.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:03 AM   #6
pandaprime
aficionado!

i'm disappointed that when I googled Predaking the tfwiki Prime version is above the G1 version

I thought the OP question was about combiner Predaking but then it didn't make any sense and I realized at the end it was a different Predaking by the keywords "predacons rising". oh well.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #7
zfarsh
Armada

wow, nice ironclaugh, haven't seen the whole show, so this is really a great read.

Cheers
zfarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:23 AM   #8
Leozak
Robots in the skies!
Leozak's Ebay Auctions

He also rode a sweet motorbike
Leozak is offline   Reply With Quote