Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #21
zhaobinis1
Beasty
Re: Here is the siege on cybertron i received from Amazon.ca...

It's good to look at your discussions guys, makes me feel a little bit better from running between my place and Canada Post office. Anyway I manage to return the item and hopefully will receive the refund soon. Let's hope the other replacement item I ordered from Amazon warehouse is legit.
zhaobinis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #22
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaobinis1 View Post
It's good to look at your discussions guys, makes me feel a little bit better from running between my place and Canada Post office. Anyway I manage to return the item and hopefully will receive the refund soon. Let's hope the other replacement item I ordered from Amazon warehouse is legit.
Hey man, really glad to hear a refund should be coming your way soon And fingers crossed there isnt a repeat from last time! (It is a pretty sweet set afterall)
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:37 PM   #23
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
It's the price we pay when the toy and hobby industry turns into popular mainstream investment opportunities for scummy scalpers and the like.

These return douches don't even do it to re-sell something at three times mark up value, they do it to score FREE shit they don't want to pay for to own, so they rip off the store and then give every legitimate collector who PAYS for their shit and keeps the stuff a bad name.

Store charges me too much for this shit, I'mm gonna show them, that's the mentality of these jackasses half the time, either that or mommy needs her drug fix so she takes the expensive set without the actual toys in it to get 150$ back to use for some of the good stuff.

It is a crime, and it has been getting out of hand for FAR TOO LONG because retailers do not enforce decent store policies for returns anymore. I guarantee if you tried to bilk the store for merchandise back in the 1950s or something they wouldn't accept this kind of falderal banal crap. And if they did... well the system needs a restructuring because the Customer may always be right, when it comes to slogans, but in reality they are nowhere near always right and full of entitled bullshit excuses just to save a buck or two.
+1

I've never see a returned toy that I would deem fit for resale, and yet, there they are on the shelf, ratting around loose in the box, missing a leg. If it's even the right figure.

I swear, people see images of toy-swaps online, and think, "hey I could pull that off". Because it has been multiplying. I used to see maybe one shit repack every couple of years. Recently I'll find one every couple of months. People are recognizing the system is fucked and taking advantage of it, one way or another. I've lost count how many times I've seen a crappy old star wars toy in a black series box.

And, for the most part, this doens't even affect us collectors - save for cases like the OP where the box wasn't windowed - because we can tell what we're looking at is wrong. It's way more harmful to actual kids, whose parents pick up these broken returns as gifts.

An aside, (but not really because it's the same breed of scum) I expect to see pokemon card packaging when I go to Walmart, they put them in a back corner now so kids rip them off left right and center. But when I see a 30 year old man ripping open a box and pocketing the cards, it's like, dude. You're a grown man stealing bits of paper. This is fucking pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaobinis1 View Post
Good to hear. Hope it all works out.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:34 PM   #24
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
+1

An aside, (but not really because it's the same breed of scum) I expect to see pokemon card packaging when I go to Walmart, they put them in a back corner now so kids rip them off left right and center. But when I see a 30 year old man ripping open a box and pocketing the cards, it's like, dude. You're a grown man stealing bits of paper. This is fucking pathetic.
Lol, what??? I didn't even know pokemon cards are still a thing.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:39 PM   #25
Nocturn
Previously Dead

^ Every time I'm in the transformers aisle, there's scraps of packaging from pokemon cards. And yes they are still a thing, I'm amazed myself that kids are still into them, 20 years later.

Getting off topic. Sorry mods.

I find it funny though, that in the OP, they left the little jets from Tidal Wave, and the paperwork. Like why not just steal the whole set at that point? Why leave bits in the box, that will only depreciate the value of what you just ripped off?