Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 12-08-2016, 04:00 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Titans Return Sky Shadow In-Hand Images ? Topspin Confirmed!

Thanks to Namphamvmr of reddit we have a look at Titans Return Sky Shadow in hand.* On top of the first looksies at the toy itself, the back of the box confirms rumors of Titans Returns Topspin.* Sky Shadow is based on a Japan-only retool of Thunderwing from 1989, and was one of a group of elite “Phase 6” Decepticons in the IDW comics alongside Sixshot and Overlord.* This mold is most likely heading for a repaint into a more natural fit – Overlord down the road.* Read on to check out the images! Full set on Imgur.

The post Titans Return Sky Shadow In-Hand Images – Topspin Confirmed! appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 12-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #2
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions
Re: Titans Return Sky Shadow In-Hand Images ? Topspin Confirmed!

Wow he looks amazing!

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:33 PM   #3
RazzAq
Machine War
RazzAq's Ebay Auctions

right on..
Old 12-08-2016, 04:39 PM   #4
PrimalEnvy
Reverse Corte

Sky Shadow looks wicked. Topspin almost looks like he uses the CW Rook mold. Wheels under his arms, a white block in his chest, those elbows, the CW leg transformation, 5-mm pegs in his shoulders...
Old 12-08-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalEnvy View Post
Sky Shadow looks wicked. Topspin almost looks like he uses the CW Rook mold. Wheels under his arms, a white block in his chest, those elbows, the CW leg transformation, 5-mm pegs in his shoulders...
More like Nosecone which uses the Rook mould. Of course, you knew that would happen.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:57 PM   #6
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Skyshaodow looks great but I'll pass. The deluxe is good enough for me but I want the Overlord repaint for sure. Topspin is a must and hope that they do Twintwist. Then I can re-purpose the TF Con mech idea guys into Fastlane and Cloudraker until Hasbro comes out with them. I was so close to getting out and Hasbro pulled me right back in

Last edited by wervenom; 12-08-2016 at 08:00 PM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #7
Chigimus
Masterpiece

This Sky Shadow does look interesting, but as others have said, the Geneations deluxe version was already pretty good and never needed a replacement. The only reason I may get this is if this character is supposed to be as big as Jetfire, but I suspect he's oversized for a CHUG collection just like the leader scale seekers we got, is that correct?
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #8
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Doesn't he come with both pieces?
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:18 PM   #9
Vorahk
Energon

Sky shadow looks freaking beautiful!
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:54 AM   #10
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

I'm confused about the mechanics of this figure. The back of the box (http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/u...12/BwzUaOp.jpg) seems to suggest that it is a quadruple-changer (with robot, tank, jet, and base modes). However, Black Shadow's wiki page (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Black_Shadow_...y)#Generations) states that the figure can split into a separate jet and tank which combine to form the robot or base. The photos seem to back up what the box says, since there isn't a photo showing that the jet and tank are separate vehicles that the robot or base can split into. So which is it?

On another note, while the figure looks cool, I'm somewhat irate that the same figure (possibly with a new head) would also be used for Overlord. So if anyone wants to get the three Phase Sixers from the line, they have to get essentially two of the same figure with presumably the only difference being the head and the colors. I never really liked two or more members in a subgroup being redecoes of each other. This was a complaint I had regarding Slingshot/Quickslinger and Wildrider/Breakdown, since they looked exactly the same as another member on their teams, except for the head and colors. It was rather jarring for me, as I'd like the figures to be visually distinct from each other when displaying them as a team. It was also partly why I opted not to get Liokaiser, because of there being two usages of the Brawl mode. Drillhorn could have easily been a Unite Warriors Nosecone retool instead, and that would have been much better in my mind.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote