Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #3141
gericault
Beast Machine
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Of course they may well start showing up at Winners or as an exclusive with Walmart or Toysrus Canada for all we know. Wouldn't be the first time!
gericault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:22 PM   #3142
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gericault View Post
Of course they may well start showing up at Winners or as an exclusive with Walmart or Toysrus Canada for all we know. Wouldn't be the first time!
Walgreen and K-Mart exclusives in the past ended up at Canadian Tire and Winners.

I will say the same thing I said last TFcon

"See ya at the charity auction!......... with no bids"

Pretty much stuff people fought for in 2015, end up at the charity auction in 2016 and no one cares about it anymore 365 days after the fact.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #3143
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

Anyone have any of these for sale or know where I can pick some up? I went to IKEA and they have been discontinued. The Montreal store says they have 8 in stock, but I called for a physical confirmation and they told me they only have one left.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20119418/

Thanks!
innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:14 PM   #3144
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
That sounds like a lot of changes. I wouldnt be surprised if Takara just sees Hasbro's Liokaiser as an oddball and just ignore it. Just like Hasbro isnt releasing grand Galvatron and that Starscream and Thurst headsculpt. They each have their own unique toys and since Hasbro isnt releasing all that takara is doing, it makes sense that Takara also doesnt release everything either. Hasbro has moved on from Combiner Wars and Unite Warriors has ended, so I think both are moving on from combiners for now.
The thing here is that Liokaiser is a uniquely Japanese fave character, one who is unrecognizable to many western fans. The Hasbro release is already an oddball choice, in and of itself.

So far, Takara has been quite pointed about doing their own variants of all the combiners. It seems really strange for them to omit Liokaiser.

I don't know about re-engineering the torso into 2 bots, but considering what they've done for Hasbro's Powermaster Prime mold (into Ginrei), including doing their own Godbomber figure from scratch, as well as new molds for many of the other CW Combiners to make them more G1-accurate, it seems really weird for them to skip Liokaiser, of all bots.

Maybe they won't... but it doesn't fit their pattern to ignore this one.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #3145
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
The thing here is that Liokaiser is a uniquely Japanese fave character, one who is unrecognizable to many western fans. The Hasbro release is already an oddball choice, in and of itself.

So far, Takara has been quite pointed about doing their own variants of all the combiners. It seems really strange for them to omit Liokaiser.

I don't know about re-engineering the torso into 2 bots, but considering what they've done for Hasbro's Powermaster Prime mold (into Ginrei), including doing their own Godbomber figure from scratch, as well as new molds for many of the other CW Combiners to make them more G1-accurate, it seems really weird for them to skip Liokaiser, of all bots.

Maybe they won't... but it doesn't fit their pattern to ignore this one.

zmog
I think it fits their pattern well because Takara only released Combiners that were Scramble City combiners, using the combiner wars port system. Liokaiser is not scramble city and is a 6 member team. So Takara can easily ignore it since the current system wouldnt do right by him and they could work on him way later as part of another line and new technology, not meant to be compatible with CW/UW. Kinda like Devastator.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 01-07-2017 at 01:52 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #3146
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

As requested here you go...

Pic size too big - the site forces the pic side ways whenever that happens
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8132.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	35587   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8131.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	35588  
Old 01-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #3147
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I think it fits their pattern well because Takara only released Combiners that were Scramble City combiners, using the combiner wars port system. Liokaiser is not scramble city and is a 6 member team. So Takara can easily ignore it since the current system wouldnt do right by him and they could work on him way later as part of another line and new technology, not meant to be compatible with CW/UW. Kinda like Devastator.
I don't think Scramble City authenticity is at the top of their list, since they also released Megatronia, Grand Galvatron, as well as the Skylynx and Optimus combiners.

Even after all the extensive remolds that they did for their Unite Warriors line (including brand new molds for Strafe/Blastoff and Groove), it's possible that they might not bother with Liokaiser, one of the most popular villain characters in Japanese Transformers, but it seems like it would be a missed opportunity on their part.

I was thinking that even just a remolded Skylynx or Silverbolt for Leozack would be enough, and they could go with a Legends for poor Jaruga...

It may not be on the slate now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn up in the next line-up.

zmog
Old 01-07-2017, 06:01 PM   #3148
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
As requested here you go...

Pic size too big - the site forces the pic side ways whenever that happens
He does look better (to me) with the full engine bonnet. I don't find it make shim look bulkier... just highlights the vehicle-mode kibble more.

Though... it's interesting. Is it just me, or does his lower body from the stomach (abs) down look a lot like Cyclonus?

That would be a hell of a coup, remolding a Cyclonus from a Hot Rod... haha!

zmog
Old 01-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #3149
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Either way. Don't like his new abs.

Probably not bulk. I misused the word.

But it fills up the area. I'll see as I play with him more at work
Old 01-08-2017, 01:59 AM   #3150
SMOG
zombicon

I agree about the ab cavity. It feels a bit unnecessary and out of place. Your latest version just raises the back panel?

zmog