Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2016, 02:48 PM   #41
Mikformer
Machine War
Re: NES classic edition worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
^

Build a cabinet!

That's another addiction for us nerds!
I did years ago, but it looks like things are getting a lot easier and cheaper than it was 10 years ago, with arcade electronic kits going for cheap (instead of piecing together all your parts from happs).

The coin door is the absolute most wonderful thing about cabinets. A cabinet without a coin door and slot loses the nostalgia.

Nothing like fumbling for quarters trying to beat the 10 second timer to game over to bring back memories. (having unlimited credits in all the current home cabinet renditions removes all challenge from arcade games, and you will lose interest quickly)

*grampa voice* "back in my day....."

Man I am getting old
Mikformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:16 PM   #42
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Project for spring. Along with a new deck.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:22 PM   #43
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Freaking finally got one this week! I've been wanting one, but not desperate enough to go hunting, but was getting more anxious as the weeks wore on.

It is totalllly worth now that I've sideloaded it with Bionic Commando, River City Ransom, Double Dragon 3 and a bunch of other games I wasn't planning to put on. I would of been happy if it came with River City Ransom as one of the thirty.

Talked to a buddy who went to a EB and asked if they still get them, but forgot to ask when they might show up or how often. So, a few days later I was at downtown on Saturday for work and there was a Best Buy nearby and I figure I would do the same. Lady said it's random, could be a week or month, but to come back Monday. I guess they were expecting a shipment on Monday, but I thought "Ya right, what are the chances?"

Monday comes and I get home after doing grocery shopping and stuff. I have a few tabs I keep an eye on for the NES Mini that I check from time to time, and there it is, at that very same Best Buy I was at the other day it's in stock available for in store reservation. I mange to get my reservation in and send the link to some friends, but by the time they clicked on the link 1-2 mins later, it was sold out.

tl;dr I managed to reserve a NES Mini for in stock pickup 2ish minutes before it sold out and it happened to be at the same store I visited 2 days earlier.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:58 AM   #44
Baryonyx
Armada

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get a hold of extra controllers or cord extenders? I'd like to play Bubble Bobble with my kids.
Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:54 PM   #45
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baryonyx View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get a hold of extra controllers or cord extenders? I'd like to play Bubble Bobble with my kids.
2 things to note:

1) Additional controllers might still be tough to get since they're somewhat hoarded by collectors. What works is using a Wii Classic Controller (official Nintendo or third-party); the kind that plug into a Wii-Remote. The interesting thing is that the "Home" button on a Classic Controller works in the same way as the "Reset" button on the NES Classic Mini.

2) Since the plug is the same as Classic Controllers, you can find tons of super-cheap Classic Controller extension cables on eBay; and those will work with your NES Classic Edition controllers too.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #46
BlastedPax
Budget Collector ;)

Just get this....

https://classicretrogaming.com/
BlastedPax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:57 AM   #47
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastedPax View Post
Or build one.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:48 AM   #48
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
Or build one.
+1

My guide as posted earlier in this thread.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #49
Baryonyx
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
2) Since the plug is the same as Classic Controllers, you can find tons of super-cheap Classic Controller extension cables on eBay; and those will work with your NES Classic Edition controllers too.
Ordered a controller and some extenders off eBay from China. Hopefully they work well, and if they don't, well, they were super super cheap.
Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:33 AM   #50
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I really want one of these, but I've basically resigned myself to never getting one since Nintendo is apparently being really stupid about releasing more. It's like they're allergic to making money!

It's this kind of artificial scarcity that really pisses me off! It's not like making these damn things hard to find benefits Nintendo at all. In fact, it's more likely to turn people like me against them!
I'm not a big gamer, I just want to relive my childhood with these old games. And the fact that Nintendo seems to want to deny me that, for no particular reason, really angers me. I've been told that, historically, Nintendo is really bad with new product roll outs, not producing enough units to meet demand, but you'd think they would've learned their lesson years ago.