Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #21
chisau
Re: Scalpers... Come on in and say "Hi!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Nothing "happened" per se, I just didn't like waiting there trying to grab all these toys as the associates unloaded the shipment. They don't really like one person buying all of this stock and there were other collectors, taking each and every Alt Mirage that came out of the boxes leaving nothing for casual buyers. It just doesn't feel right to me.

your right.....something should be done about that. lets stop buying Mirages. or at least no more then $10+shipping a pop. (no, i'm not joking)
Old 08-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #22
MangaSpawn64
Generation 2

Crap I understand what you mean Shan. I mean as much as I'd love to have at least 3 more Mirage (I have one, I'd take 1 to keep in car form besides the robot, 1 to sell at cost to my friend and another to bring to work (already have 20th OP and Jaguar Ravage)) I couldn't stand to be in that crowd... So many Simpson's Comic Book Guys in our hobby ! And for those guys it's not a hobby or a passion, it's for the money

Those guys are the reason I've never found a Desto or Cobra Commander (or Baroness for that matter) when I was a kid. I'd have dreams that I walked into a Woolco and see pegs full of everything I want, then waking up sad....
Old 08-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #23
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

This SQ1 Walmart situation will all be over as soon as they finally run out of stock, so we won't have anymore problems with this extreme case of scalping.

Funny, I thought some of you board members would ask each other if you were a cybertron.ca member, but I'm guessing nobody's willing to admit they're a scalper at the scene of the crime.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #24
chisau

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_rage View Post
This SQ1 Walmart situation will all be over as soon as they finally run out of stock, so we won't have anymore problems with this extreme case of scalping.

Funny, I thought some of you board members would ask each other if you were a cybertron.ca member, but I'm guessing nobody's willing to admit they're a scalper at the scene of the crime.
That's like talking about how you are a reliable drug dealer in a police station. anyone admit to be a scalper here risk of his/her house been egged.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #25
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangaSpawn64 View Post
Those guys are the reason I've never found a Desto or Cobra Commander (or Baroness for that matter) when I was a kid. I'd have dreams that I walked into a Woolco and see pegs full of everything I want, then waking up sad....
That's funny, I thought I was the only one that dreams about toys. Seriously I had dreams about shopping for G1 TF figs and wakeing up empty handed
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 08-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #26
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisau View Post
That's like talking about how you are a reliable drug dealer in a police station. anyone admit to be a scalper here risk of his/her house been egged.
So then it's true, we're scalpers ourselves in one way or another, we just communicate with each other.

I suppose if it wasn't for other members or scalpers at the time they were unloading the Alts, you couldn't say that you would be tempted to buy out all the rare Alternators then.

If I had the ability to get some extra Alts, it'd mainly be for trading purposes.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #27
chisau

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_rage View Post
you couldn't say that you would be tempted to buy out all the rare Alternators then.
Of course we all get tempted. this morning, i was tempted to say to the Walmart lady at SQ1 "please don't bother unpacking, i'll take it all now". But i didn't

While i was shoving my cart full of Alts, i say this one boy about no more then 6 years old. grab an Alt mirage and ran to his father and begged him to buy it for him. His dad first said no, then his mom pointed to the price sign and his dad asked around to confirm the price. then said yes to the boy.

I was like a moron standing there watching them with a cart load of toys. then i start felling really bad. so i unload my shopping cart back to the shelves and keep only one of each plus an an extra mirage.

Been tempted is one thing. allowing yourself to act on the temptation is another. Like i said, Scalping is legal business. But i don't need to make my money this way. and it's one type of business i will have no part of.

Last edited by chisau; 08-02-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 PM   #28
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I'm glad you decided to do that. At least one kid got a Mirage to enjoy.

I can't wait for Walmart to sell out of the Alts, then we'll have no more bickering of scalping of this magnitude. If only Hasbro decided to continue this line...sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisau View Post
Of course we all get tempted. this morning, i was tempted to say to the Walmart lady at SQ1 "please don't bother unpacking, i'll take it all now". But i didn't

While i was shoving my cart full of Alts, i say this one boy about no more then 6 years old. grab an Alt mirage and ran to his father and begged him to buy it for him. His dad first said no, then his mom pointed to the price sign and his dad asked around to confirm the price. then said yes to the boy.

I was like a moron standing there watching them with a cart load of toys. then i start felling really bad. so i unload my shopping cart back to the shelves and keep only one of each plus an an extra mirage.

Been tempted is one thing. allowing yourself to act on the temptation is another. Like i said, Scalping is legal business. But i don't need to make my money this way. and it's one type of business i will have no part of.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #29
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

If it was the same asian guy as last time loading up his cart while they were unloading it I doubt he got his information here and got there fast enough WHILE they were still unloading....I bet he has an inside tipper, a buddy who works there and gets a percentage for each sold. Gotta love the finders fee.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:44 PM   #30
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
I just went to Wal-Mart to buy a whole bunch of Alts and frankly, it's an unpleasant experience. There is something just too strange about this 'hobby'.
I saw those guys around 2:30... did you see a guy wearing a 20th anniversary shirt holding 2 Camshafts? if so then Hi lol

Ended up putting away a Cam for GMFan101 who bought it tonight
Closed Thread