Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-16-2021, 10:08 PM   #1
Dreggs
Mini-Con
WFC-09 BumbleBee

Hey all,
So I've seen some people advertising preorders for WFC-09 BumbleBee. Problem is they're asking $80 + freight.

I've heard this is a Walmart exclusive. I'd rather not spend that much on a $30 figure. 3 times the cost once you factor in freight.

So I guess my question is.. Should I suck it up and just order it or will this be released to other stores in a non Netflix box?

I don't care about the box but this Bumblebee seems perfect to almost finish the collection.
Dreggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:23 PM   #2
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: WFC-09 BumbleBee

Never heard of a re-release coming.. and couldn't find what sites you're talking about.

It was a Netflix exclusive to Walmart as far as I know with a few places managing to get some somehow.

From what I've heard, the issue with it is the licensing from VW, and why the following one in that set was the Cliff jumper mold with his head.

So unless they really do such a re-release, it's been one of the most in demand and hard to get figure of the whole WFC lines and odds are the it's going to be lucky to find one and prices will keep rising, unless the release another version. Note that if it's all about the robot mode, the Origin version is really a good one that's an excellent substitute.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 11-16-2021 at 10:32 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:08 PM   #3
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreggs View Post
Hey all,
So I've seen some people advertising preorders for WFC-09 BumbleBee. Problem is they're asking $80 + freight.

I've heard this is a Walmart exclusive. I'd rather not spend that much on a $30 figure. 3 times the cost once you factor in freight.

So I guess my question is.. Should I suck it up and just order it or will this be released to other stores in a non Netflix box?

I don't care about the box but this Bumblebee seems perfect to almost finish the collection.
This -was- a Walmart exclusive, almost a year from it's initial release and in very limited supply. Some Walmarts got 2 cases, some got none.

My question to you is: would you rather bite the bullet and preorder it, knowing you secured one, with chancing of seeing one sold cheaper at another merchant (definitely won't find it at Walmart anymore), or would you rather wait it out in hopes of finding it cheaper somewhere else (even if it sells out from the 2 only known merchants offering a pre-order for a limited reissue)? That's your opportunity cost decision to make.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:44 PM   #4
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

dewit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	50676  
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:19 AM   #5
Dreggs
Mini-Con

Thanks all, I went for it. Why risk missing out.

We'll see if I actually get it, but it's from a reputable store!
Dreggs is offline   Reply With Quote