Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-13-2022, 12:43 AM   #291
Patate
Generation 2
Re: Outrun Collectibles - No longer in business

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post

If I had lost 2+ weeks of pay because of Outrun's shortcomings, I'd be upset and would want to know how this person is living his life after this fiasco.
2+ weeks of pay? If I lose 2 days worth of pay to any shop, I'll be super upset already. 2 days is like more than a monthly budget for Transformers, for me.
Patate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 03:47 AM   #292
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patate View Post
2+ weeks of pay? If I lose 2 days worth of pay to any shop, I'll be super upset already. 2 days is like more than a monthly budget for Transformers, for me.
Yes. Also fair.
Chances are, you work more hours and have a higher salary than I do, so, possibly, your 2 days of pay might be the same as my 2 weeks of pay. I don't always work every day, so sometimes, for me, 2 days isn't anything.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle

Last edited by steamwhistle; 11-13-2022 at 03:58 AM.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 09:44 AM   #293
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

I'm sorry for all your guys lost, and it is a heavy hit for this community. One question I want to ask: why do you spend so much on his store? I didn't bother check his store too much in the 1st place, only remember the price is not that good compare to online store like ShowZ or Aliexpress or Taobao.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 10:01 AM   #294
Canadiangeek
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
I'm sorry for all your guys lost, and it is a heavy hit for this community. One question I want to ask: why do you spend so much on his store? I didn't bother check his store too much in the 1st place, only remember the price is not that good compare to online store like ShowZ or Aliexpress or Taobao.
I can only speak for myself but he was good for a good 7 months and he was the first one ( if I recall ) to offer payment plans with sezzle, which is amazing when you want the pre order but can't afford to pay all of them all at once.

I was super satisfied with him, till all this mess, he was great.
Canadiangeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 10:32 AM   #295
Patate
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Yes. Also fair.
Chances are, you work more hours and have a higher salary than I do, so, possibly, your 2 days of pay might be the same as my 2 weeks of pay. I don't always work every day, so sometimes, for me, 2 days isn't anything.
I didn't mean to sound like I'm making a lot of money, I'm not lol.

I might have misunderstood your post because I meant to say 2 days worth of salary as saving. After rent, utilities, etc. my monthly saving amounts to a few days worth of salary left, so 2 days worth takes almost 2 weeks to accumulate.
Patate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 11:14 AM   #296
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
For me it was because he was (at the time) the only local seller carrying the line I was collecting. Unfortunately since then some other local shops have started carrying it, but have since sold out. So I'm stuck looking on eBay now.
Old 11-13-2022, 01:16 PM   #297
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiangeek View Post
I can only speak for myself but he was good for a good 7 months and he was the first one ( if I recall ) to offer payment plans with sezzle, which is amazing when you want the pre order but can't afford to pay all of them all at once.

I was super satisfied with him, till all this mess, he was great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
For me it was because he was (at the time) the only local seller carrying the line I was collecting. Unfortunately since then some other local shops have started carrying it, but have since sold out. So I'm stuck looking on eBay now.

I see, thank you for your answers.

For the online pre-order from showz or Taobao, I think mostly just a few dollar's deposit, so not much. (Although I used them mostly for 3rd party stuffs.)

For official lines, I used Toysnowman last year, it's fine for my pre-orders. But later I found I can often find the same toy in GameStop with cheaper prices because of 10% discount... so I stopped pre-order official ones now.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Old 11-13-2022, 03:17 PM   #298
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
I see, thank you for your answers.

For the online pre-order from showz or Taobao, I think mostly just a few dollar's deposit, so not much. (Although I used them mostly for 3rd party stuffs.)

For official lines, I used Toysnowman last year, it's fine for my pre-orders. But later I found I can often find the same toy in GameStop with cheaper prices because of 10% discount... so I stopped pre-order official ones now.
We are definitely entering a different time. A year or two ago, distribution was so terrible because of Covid that many figures or waves never made it to retail. Couple that with lockdowns and I think a large percentage of the community did turn to online retailers to make sure they got the figure. That has drastically changed over the last 4-6 months, with brick and mortar shelves being stocked with multiple waves. I think people are more willing to chance waiting for a sale at mainstream retail instead of pre-ordering. Add in two reputable online stores going under this year and I think you'll see that movement grow.
Old 11-13-2022, 04:28 PM   #299
Prime Sinister
Animated

“Two” stores? I only know of Outrun.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 04:40 PM   #300
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
We are definitely entering a different time. A year or two ago, distribution was so terrible because of Covid that many figures or waves never made it to retail. Couple that with lockdowns and I think a large percentage of the community did turn to online retailers to make sure they got the figure. That has drastically changed over the last 4-6 months, with brick and mortar shelves being stocked with multiple waves. I think people are more willing to chance waiting for a sale at mainstream retail instead of pre-ordering. Add in two reputable online stores going under this year and I think you'll see that movement grow.
two reputable online stores going under? --- same here. I only know outrun as well.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback