Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-20-2015, 03:14 AM   #31
CAF
Banned
Re: What's worthy of display?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
I have found that even with about 60 bucks, you could go to Crappy Tire and get a couple tall book shelf thingys on sale and maximize a small space rather neatly. There's a lot of neat ways to utilize a small space to neatly display a decent collection.

I used to have a bunch of my old transformers on the cupboards in the kitchen among some houseplants. It was awesome till I went to move them and realized the cooking leaves a bit of greasy film on them. I burn a lot of what I cook haha
Dude, if you say neatly one more time.....
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:46 AM   #32
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Dude, if you say neatly one more time.....
LOL, that was neat :P
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #33
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I'm lucky to have space so I literally display everything that I have. The exception is some questionable toy lines that I collected back in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Sure it's messy, but I think it looks cool!

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:10 AM   #34
Pascal
Banned

Wow, didn't know your collection was that big.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:51 AM   #35
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

That's what she said.

I by "She", I mean my wife who is actually pretty cool with it all considering.

Not bad considering I have been seriously collecting for over 20 years.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:15 PM   #36
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I'm lucky to have space so I literally display everything that I have. The exception is some questionable toy lines that I collected back in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Sure it's messy, but I think it looks cool!

I really would love to be able to do shelving like that, but I can't in my house, nowhere to do it. I do love the ceiling hooks you have for the fly boys

My cousin had all the GIJoe planes when he was a kid and my uncle would hang them from the ceiling like that. Looks amazing.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #37
Blitzwing
Armada

Quote:
I used to have a bunch of my old transformers on the cupboards in the kitchen among some houseplants. It was awesome till I went to move them and realized the cooking leaves a bit of greasy film on them. I burn a lot of what I cook haha
I made that same mistake when I got my first ever apartment about 10 years ago. There was a 12 inch space between the top of our kitchen cabinets and the roof of our kitchen, so I decided to line the whole kitchen with Transformers. After about a year, that film started appearing on all of them, so I had to clean them all individually. Luckily I didn't display any G1 Transformers in that spot, I don't think they would been as easy to clean.

My wife and I live in a 1 bedroom apartment with a small den. I have 3 book cases for display in the den, 2 book cases in our living room, a small corner above our fireplace and one stand in our bedroom to display Transformers.

G1 toys take up most of the space in the den, I have a BW Maximal shelf and a BW Predacons shelf in there and the rest is G1 stuff.

My Generations (CHUG) toys take up 1 book case in our living room. The other case has my Lost Light display and my IDW Earthbound characters display, as well as one shelf dedicated to "new acquisitions". The remaining 3 shelves on that case are for actual books (shocker!).

I keep my Animated toys in the corner above our fireplace along with my MISB 25th Anniversary Unicron that I use as a riser to elevate Optimus and Megatron. I find that Unicron actually fits with the Animated aesthetic.

The stand in our bedroom is what I use to keep all of my miscellaneous toys from other toylines. RiD2001, A/E/C, and G2 are the ones that go there.

I also have a row of Robot Heroes on top of the TV in our living room and a row of Kreons on the TV stand.

Anything else that I own can be found in the sales thread in my signature.

My wife is pretty cool about allowing me to display so much stuff in such a small space. Luckily I owned the place before we got married, so it was all set up that way before she moved in, although it has expanded since then. We are hoping to get a bigger place in the near future and one of our(my) goals is to get a dedicated room that I can keep all of my Transformers in.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:35 PM   #38
CAF
Banned

Just out of curiosity, if a local business utilized their wallspace with secure glass cabinet displays, how many of you would loan parts of your collection to add to the theme of the place? Like loaning to a museum if you will?

It's really just a business idea I had onnthe backburner and never got to do any research about.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:06 PM   #39
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I find that bringing stuff out of storage feels almost like buying new toys. You get to rediscover all the cool stuff about them.
That's very true. You can really keep your display fresh by rotating it regularly.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:32 PM   #40
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, if a local business utilized their wallspace with secure glass cabinet displays, how many of you would loan parts of your collection to add to the theme of the place? Like loaning to a museum if you will?

It's really just a business idea I had onnthe backburner and never got to do any research about.
Sorry but I'd never do this. There are too many variables in play that could result in damage to my stuff and I know I'm insured at home but who knows if my stuff would be insured correctly if it was at some business.

Also, if someone is going to be profiting from displaying my collection then I'd probably want to be compensated (fairly) since I've made a sizable investment in my collection.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote