Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #11
Camaroman2
Better than a Masterpiece
Re: Why no TFG/Uni toys commercials ? Only PCC ones

[QUOTE=jackwacko;290528]The reason Generations don't have ads is because no child under the age of 16 knows who the heck Thunderwing, Perceptor, Darkmount, Mindset, or even Tracks is... Generations is really more catered towards us, the collectors who knows what's coming before the Toystore knows they're coming.

I find that a bit offensive! I'm a teen under 16, and I know who all of those are! Heck, when I was 8, I knew all of them (I'm much older than that now)! I've even seen the entire G1 series multiple times. The fact is that there are, in fact, people under 16 who are well versed in Transformers lore and its characters. I'm pretty sure that there's an 11 year old from Vancouver on this site, and he seems pretty smart to me!

To summarize, I'll say that (I know it's an old saying) Don't judge a bot by his circuitry, but by his spark!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #12
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

The answer to this is simple. Hasbro's Commercial Making Arm is dead.

Or at least lost.

If you'll recall back in the halcyon days of G1/G2/BW/ and even BM/RID Hasbro made well thought out and impressive commercials. Some of them even had their own animation and mini-storylines. (I would kill to have that animation restored to DVD as a sort of Adventures of the Transformers.)

But as time wore on and Transformers became a Brand Name larger than it's past. Hasbro started to skimp out on the commercial front... In all honesty you can just cut Beast Machines out of the list from above and it wouldn't really affect anything.

Beast Machines had a grand total of three commercials for its product line. (Schoolyard Battle between Deluxe Primal and Jetstorm, Supreme Cheetor and I think Nightscream and Ultra Jetstorm.)

Robots in Disguise was a little better, but the execs at Hasbro decided to cut their losses a bit and stop producing commercials in large quantities. That's what the cartoon was for. They basically treated the cartoon like a 30 minute commercial and forgot all about the other advertising.

Enter the Unicron Trilogy... Not much in the way of commercials. Universe 1.0, Alternators and many other sub-lines didn't even recieve commercial treatment. They just slapped the brand name on the packaging and figured kids will go for it. (They don't even advertise the Crossovers stuff anymore.)

Thus Hasbro has let go of things like fun and interesting commercials of the past and stayed strictly with basic barebones bottom of the barrel commercials of the present.

I remember a time where it wasn't uncommon to hear... "In the beginning came the beasts, and all that creeps, crawls and flies, but nature lies they're robots in disguise!" at least twenty to thirty times a day.

Now you're lucky to catch one Transformers commercial during the primetime slots for such things.

At least Takara still makes killer commercials for their lines. But Hasbro... Hasbro is treating the multi-billion dollar making movie franchies as a, we don't need commercials anymore to sell these things they're a proven commodity.

So if you really want to know why they don't advertise... The answer is simple. Transformers is just too darn popular. (The same with other hit franchises like Pokemon... When's the last time you saw a Pokemon TCG Commercial? They already have their billions upon billions of buyers, why advertise for like the tenth of the population that isn't buying them?)
Old 11-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #13
Autobot Hound
Tracking Cons since 87'

We're probably never gonna get one but i'd love to see at least just 1 WFC toy commercial. They already have game footage they can use. Would be pretty cool to see.

Start off showing some game footage and then a kids fist holding Optimus (robot mode of course) busting through the screen. hehehehe!!!
Autobot Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #14
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Toy commercials also aren't as effective as they used to be now that so many people tivo stuff or watch it on demand, commercial free.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #15
justprime
Animated

Arn't we all kids at hart? big kids with big wallets
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #16
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I actually thought that the Cycbertron toy commercial that featured Downshift, Evac, and Dark Crumplezone was a brief return to form. They showed off the toys, had an exciting feel, and a story happening.

I really truly miss the days when Hasbro had animation made exclusively for commercials but I suppose that becomes more and more expensive as time goes on.

I wonder why Hasbro dosen't import those wonderful Japanease commercials that featured the stop motion animation and lots of action? I suppose that they would have to flood the commercial with tags like "Toys don't actually move on their own" and "pyrotechnics not included".

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #17
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
You know... it would be neat to see ads for the remade toys. Use G1 cartoon footage mixed with maybe having the old G1 namesakes morph into the new ones.

someone on youtube should make this...
Old 11-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #18
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

found one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_7vZjqISSg

very nice.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:59 AM   #19
Sideswipe
Break it down!

It does not bother me at all that these particular lines are not televised.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote