Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Finish this sentence: 2012 was the worst year to be a Transformer collector because:

Lets face it 2012 was a bust for mainline Transformers. Here is an opportunity to get the woes of 2012 off our chests and look forward to a better 2013.

I'll start.

2012 was the worst year to be a Transformers collector because the store shelves were, and still are, filled with the same dark of the moon figures that we had in 2011, including a number of Bumblebee repaints.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
Bnz Toy
Generation 2
Re: Finish this sentence: 2012 was the worst year to be a Transformer collector becau

2012 was the worst year to be a Transformers collector because of the Year of the Dragon Optimus :P
Bnz Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:41 AM   #3
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
Re: Finish this sentence: 2012 was the worst year to be a Transformer collector becau

2012 was the worst year to be a Transformers collector because of the Bee hives that clogged store shelves for god knows how long.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #4
Perceptor
Alternator

I agree with the comments so far... plus...
2012 was the worst year (so far) to be a TF collector because of toy size shrinkage and cheaper plastics.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:42 AM   #5
SolidusPrime
Generation 2

2012 was the worst year to be a TF collector because TRU doesn't grasp the concept of supply and demand.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:54 AM   #6
protoform_ironhide
Commander

2012 was the worst year to be a Transformers' collector because Hasblow cheap out on the Transformers figures so much (size, paint, price increase) that I am almost to a point that I don't want to collect Transformers anymore... Still love the classics from back then though... but very disappointed with the new Generations that I have to think twice before making a purchase! So far only got FOC Shockwave which is also a big disappointment
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #7
jackwacko
Classic

2012 was the worst year to be a Transformers collector because I only bought 2 things the whole year: Masterpiece Prime, and a FOC Shockwave. It was a good year for the existence of MP Thundercracker and Prime, but the availability was a nightmare. Both PRID and Generations never really moved beyond wave 1 for most of the year, and whatever we got was only "okay" fairly often
jackwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:43 AM   #8
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Distribution in Canada by Hasbro has been horrible...the USA is getting beast hunters on their shelves and most Canadian cities still have yet to receive wave 2 of prime. I don't even remember the last time I bought a prime rid deluxe at Canadian retail that I had not already perchased online or at a toyshow and the Canadian retail one was for my MOC collection. I call that bullshit.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

2012 was the worst year to be a Transformer collector because:

1) Distribution has been downright awful. I don't believe whomever at Hasbro plans what goes where had a clue as to what they were doing and it doesn't seem to be getting better
2) The countless tales of yellow walls, the endless DOTM waves that sucked and we couldnt get the last waves, only to be stuck with more of it 2 weeks before xmas.
3) Hasbro MP-10 Prime. Really the best figure of the year and the biggest pain in the a** to find
4) Price upsizing and figures downsizing
5) Mech Tech weapons with "Prime" Figures
6) Sales. I don't recall there being any great sales in flyers or online ads at all this year. Outside of the current 40% off TRU tab, I don't rememeber any and even Black Friday USA sale offerings were crap.
7) Zellers marking up everything but 40% so they could have a 25% off sale
8) The lack of any new or really ingenious toy characters
9) Optimus Maximus, I like him but there are SO many that don't. I can't recall more ppl ever decribing one toy as a POS

I think that was a run on sentence lol. Here's to hoping 2013 will bring us better figures, selection and availability
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #10
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

2012 was the worst year to be a Transformer collector because it seemed more adults then in previous years complained more then children over toys made for children...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote