Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #21
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: Transformers Legends Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
I honestly don't get this game...I love the art on the cards, that's probably why I even still dabble in it. But what's the point? You keep building up a deck to battle strangers.

I can't battle friends that I add...all you're doing is constantly leveling up to battle the next strongest CPU. I dunno...been playin for just a week and it's kinda boring. There's no strategy to this game. All it is, is collecting and leveling up. Battles are random number based chance challenges and boring to watch so I wind up skipping them half the time.

Was hoping this would be a little more exciting but I don't see myself investing much time in a game where there's such little sense of achievement for doing anything.
I'm using the game like Pokemon

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #22
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
I'm using the game like Pokemon
I guess one could if you don't use Pokemon for the even more fun version of obliterating your friends and strangers and actually SHOWING what skill you have...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #23
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

I gotta say I was pretty dissapointed when I found out there wasn't actually a strategic card game that you play, the cards just attack eachother in god knows what manner.

F+
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #24
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro View Post
Congrats!

I got lucky as well and pulled a R4 Episode Slipstream Alt Mode. Then I got offers for free mobacoin so used 100 on the episode bridge hoping for a 5x R4 Flamewar but of course I got another Alt 3x R4 Slipstream. I'm near 40K points, 20K more and I get the R4 Slipstream Bot.

So if I can walk away from this event with a MTM R4 3x Slipstream, a M R4 3x Slipstream and win some R4 reward characters I'll be super happy.

My deck is shaping up with all event cards (Sunstorm x2, Slipstream x2, Cliffjumper x2). Waiting on MTM my Acidstorms in hopes of winning better R4 cards this event.
I have not gotten any event characters yet in this event. Kinda pissed lol. Glad you got some thing at least... used up all of my episode SB medals.
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #25
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

See, this could have been amazing if they had just taken the time to add some sort of strategy to the battles. Cut scenes and card art are amazing, and the throwback references to G1 lore are great.

On the other hand, how many times can you take being shot at my swoop randomly with lame missiles? And battles are so boring, you end up skipping them, which makes the game fairly silly.

This trend of luring people into micropayments is corrupting the entire gaming industry, even with Zynga's model collapsing around them like a house of cards.

Looking forward to trying to rectify down the road through SL...

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #26
Jefro
Robot in Disguise

The lure for most, including myself would be the events. During normal game play grinding through missions will not earn you any good figures or weapons. But the events will.

Guys on TFW with deck powers of 15-20K+ can 1 cube bosses earning a energon refill, 2 battle cubes etc etc... so it becomes an infinite cycle for them which allows them to stock pile resources. They've also been in on the game from the beginning so have all the good cards.

As deck power increases and you do more damage it should become a bit more appealing as you'll earn more resources and awards. Possibility of earning better cards and then having excess cards/resources to upgrade the better cards to further increase deck power.
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #27
Jefro
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Spec View Post
I have not gotten any event characters yet in this event. Kinda pissed lol. Glad you got some thing at least... used up all of my episode SB medals.
Do the free offers to download and try games to earn free mobacoin. Then use the 1x only 100 coin episode bridge. Guaranteed 3x or 5x attack card.

I've got 1 more point reward to go until I get the R4 Slipstream Bot card. Then I'll probably use another 100 coin on the weapons bridge to get the R4 weapon.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #28
SeanOfStone
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
Looking forward to trying to rectify down the road through SL...
This sounds very exciting...way more exciting than the Legends game. Gave it a shot, and I seem to really only have the patience to play while my gf is shopping, lol.

I wonder What SL is planning.....
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #29
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

I lucked out with Prowl's ALT in the regular silver bridge o_o He was the only new one in the 20 card set

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #30
Jefro
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
I lucked out with Prowl's ALT in the regular silver bridge o_o He was the only new one in the 20 card set
Just don't waste any cards/credits leveling them up. It's a waste. TS to complete your cyberdex then use him as upgrade fodder for R4's and event cards etc...