Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 03-31-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
Longshot
Pretender
Hasbro Combiner Wars Powerglide

I absolutely love this Powerglide! Everything is bang on about this version, the alt mode is perfect and the robot mode is outstanding.
I'm not sold on the weapon mode that he becomes as it looks clunky and contrived. It would have been nice to have bicep swivels (I'm just being nit picky) but that does nothing to detract from a really awesome figure.

Out of the three Legends class Combiner Wars I have picked up thus far, Powerglide ranks as my favourite. Sure there are some niggling problems like the back half of Powerglide in his alt mode that has the tendency to bow down (maybe my joints are loose?) and keeping the legs snapped together when doing the all important "whooshing" and making it fly in the air play. And if any of you deny doing this with any plane model or toy I call you a dirty liar.
But overall, I'm quite happy with Powerglide and he makes a welcome addition standing along with my Cosmos and Swerve
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:41 AM   #2
Xtreme987
Metroplex
Re: Hasbro Combiner Wars Powerglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
You need a Bombshell to complete the Legends wave. He really is a great figure imo anyway.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
You need a Bombshell to complete the Legends wave. He really is a great figure imo anyway.
Agreed. IMO he is the best of that wave
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:55 PM   #4
Longshot
Pretender

I'll grab one today! Thanks for the recommendation, also helps that Toys R Us is still having their sale.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:42 PM   #5
BigWillay
Robot Master

Powerglide was definitely my favorite, especially when I put him next to the G1 powerglide.... then I got my hands on the bombshell and I gotta tell you I agree with the others definitely the best legend in the wave.... but what I'd like to know is how can they make one as bad as windcharger.... like I feel as tho I wasted my money.....
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:50 PM   #6
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWillay View Post
Powerglide was definitely my favorite, especially when I put him next to the G1 powerglide.... then I got my hands on the bombshell and I gotta tell you I agree with the others definitely the best legend in the wave.... but what I'd like to know is how can they make one as bad as windcharger.... like I feel as tho I wasted my money.....
I agree about Windcharger and if u can take it back I would. IMHO the RTS Windcharger is a much better version
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:32 AM   #7
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
I absolutely love this Powerglide! Everything is bang on about this version, the alt mode is perfect and the robot mode is outstanding.
I'm not sold on the weapon mode that he becomes as it looks clunky and contrived.

Agree with your assessment of this so-called "gun mode". It seems very much as a forced after thought/fan mode, but as far as character or story goes, I do like him being named as another member of the Aerialbots.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:35 AM   #8
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWillay View Post

Even worse, how can they come up with such a gem as Bombshell but make such a cheap and ugly Kickback in the previous year? It's very unlikely that they'll revisit and "fix" this character for the legends line anytime soon, but man, Kickback is just a sore disappointment and will be all that much harder to accept if they make a legends Shrapnel that's as good as Bombshell. Would hate to not have a proper trio, but hate that one member would stand out so poorly designed too.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:54 AM   #9
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Yeah he's a great figure, I find his joints are a little loose though.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #10
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

The back end has two tabs on his legs, these will tab into two slots on the 'skidplate' that folds up for the weapon mode. This should secure his rear section so it doesn't droop.

Although I only just got him yesterday he's pretty sweet.

Can somebody explain why him and Bombshell are never around, but a wall of TC and Windcharger exist. Just what is the case breakdown on these legends?