Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-17-2018, 06:06 PM   #3471
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: The Masterpiece Appreciation and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
That's disappointing as this is the first time I have used NY
I've had 2 packages with a mix of stuff arrive from them since sunstreakers release. Both were shipped sal with tracking(2nd cheapest method). You would think they would want to take care of new customers
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:41 PM   #3472
RocketGTR
Animated

To clarify, N-Y hasn't shipped it period? Or it has shipped but no updates on the SAL website? If two, Canada Post doesn't provide tracking info for SAL packages anymore

If one, you may want to follow up. I've never had to wait more than a week past release date for something to ship.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:21 PM   #3473
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
To clarify, N-Y hasn't shipped it period? Or it has shipped but no updates on the SAL website? If two, Canada Post doesn't provide tracking info for SAL packages anymore

If one, you may want to follow up. I've never had to wait more than a week past release date for something to ship.
Shipped but no updates. I know about CP not doing updates on SAL which is fine but there are a few other sites that do track when it at least hits Canada. Average is two weeks according to JP but it's pushing 3 and still allegedly in Osaka
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:39 AM   #3474
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

If a package tracking number begins with R... It is no longer trackable once it hits Canada. Sucks that when we pay extra for registered mail, we don't even get to track it fully. I've been moving more and more towards EMS.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:42 AM   #3475
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post

Some Japan sites shut down during Japanese New Year. N-Y used to only ship items once a week. Not sure if that is still the case. You may have just missed their shipping day by one.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #3476
Cronosabre
Machine War

Quote:
Has anyone ordered and received Sunstreaker from NY? Been waiting since end of Dec with no tracking updates
I'm still waiting on mine too. I used the second cheapest shipping method as well. Around this time last year I waited almost 2 months for MP Inferno from them.
Cronosabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #3477
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Shipped but no updates. I know about CP not doing updates on SAL which is fine but there are a few other sites that do track when it at least hits Canada. Average is two weeks according to JP but it's pushing 3 and still allegedly in Osaka
I'm curious about which other sites you use? I'm honestly still waiting for a package that shipped out Dec 10 from N-Y via SAL. I've heard that SAL packages get slipped into empty spots filled by high priority shipping. Not sure if that's true or not. But I've waited around 2 months during the 2016 Christmas period for SAL packages so that's why I'm not too concerned...yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Some Japan sites shut down during Japanese New Year. N-Y used to only ship items once a week. Not sure if that is still the case. You may have just missed their shipping day by one.
Yup! I mentioned the week of holiday on the last page.

Hmmm I've never noticed the once a week thing until now, but going back over my "shipped" records I do notice that SAL shipments usually go out on the Monday in Japan. Though I had always attributed that to the release dates in Japan which tend to be on the Friday (at least for stuff I order)
Old 01-18-2018, 10:40 AM   #3478
RocketGTR
Animated

As another note, we have to remember that It's Black Friday/Cyber Monday then Christmas shopping followed by Boxing Day.

Canada Post already reported how this is another record year for shipped packages. So you have to imagine how hard Customs is being hit too. There was a CBC article about people seeing their packages being stuck at Customs for days if not weeks.

So our items are likely just sitting in a CBA warehouse waiting to be processed.

I do wonder if an item arrives say Dec 1. Then get's put in a pile. But then a bunch of items arrive on Dec 2. Do the Dec 2 items just get put in front of the Dec 1 batch to be processed when it can be reached? 2016 to 2017 I had items shipped later by SAL arrive sooner
Old 01-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #3479
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

[QUOTE=RocketGTR;751262]I'm curious about which other sites you use? I'm honestly still waiting for a package that shipped out Dec 10 from N-Y via SAL. I've heard that SAL packages get slipped into empty spots filled by high priority shipping. Not sure if that's true or not. But I've waited around 2 months during the 2016 Christmas period for SAL packages so that's why I'm not too concerned...yet.

Usually I use Anime Export but I have also used HLJ, RK and Show Z. Seeing what has been happening I probably won't go NY again not because they are bad just because others have been better.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:38 PM   #3480
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Usually I use Anime Export but I have also used HLJ, RK and Show Z. Seeing what has been happening I probably won't go NY again not because they are bad just because others have been better.
I had an item from HLJ shipped using SAL on November 29 didn't arrive until December 28. So for me, I just expect the delay at that time of year.