Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #51
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Re: New foc optimus/magnus Trailer/armour

the idea - eh, seen it done

the execution - eh, it's okay

the price -
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #52
justprime
Animated

If its any good it"ll be Ko'D for less than half the price just wait till then
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #53
chroma23
douchebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
I saw it this weekend at my friend's house. Not bad. But I would never pay more than $80 for it.
i think just for the size of the thing, its worth the $120 (but not $150-200 that most online retailers sell for), especially after taking into consideration of the fact that people are willing to shell out $60-70 bucks for a scout class sized figure such as the fansproject not-stunticons

anyways, to each of their own

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129

Last edited by chroma23; 05-23-2013 at 09:47 AM.
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #54
venksta
Render Project Creations

So last night, I made a speculation on the TFW thread that the main reason the pricing is so high is because Transformazing gave a certain distributor full rights to sell this product outside of China.

This morning, a so called insider confirmed that was the reason. Looks like its Robot Kingdom who has the distribution rights to this. So based on that, this trailer could actually retail for closer to $100 actually. Too bad they let RK distribute it.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #55
chroma23
douchebag

Quote:
So last night, I made a speculation on the TFW thread that the main reason the pricing is so high is because Transformazing gave a certain distributor full rights to sell this product outside of China.

This morning, a so called insider confirmed that was the reason. Looks like its Robot Kingdom who has the distribution rights to this. So based on that, this trailer could actually retail for closer to $100 actually. Too bad they let RK distribute it.
guess i will have to rely on asian sources (taobao etc) to get it for cheaper (after reviews come out, of course)

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #56
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:

Very Interesting. That explains the high price for sure. Well, Robot Kingdom and the unnamed distributor can go right ahead and keep their high priced middling pieces of plastic. Maybe when they go on clearance and I'm in the right mood, maybe I will consider it. At least I know to find it, if that time ever comes.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #57
Pascal
Banned

Good luck with that, I'm still waiting for that POS Trailerforce abomination to go on clearance, still at full price everywhere.

Quote:
I saw it this weekend at my friend's house. Not bad. But I would never pay more than $80 for it.
You'd pay only $80 for this big fully transformable and combinable trailer when your own small static weapons/parts sell for $17-$35? How many different parts in that trailer? 100? 125? 150? I respect you man, but this comment doesn't make any sense to me... Enlighten us.

Last edited by Pascal; 05-24-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:59 AM   #58
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
You'd pay only $80 for this big fully transformable and combinable trailer when your own small static weapons/parts sell for $17-$35? How many different parts in that trailer? 100? 125? 150? I respect you man, but this comment doesn't make any sense to me... Enlighten us.
Usually I make comments with the mindset of knowing the factors that go on with producing a toy like this. Few times, like in this case, I comment with the mindset of someone who values their hard earned money, and who will not freely spend it on just anything. I'm very interested in a classics style Powermaster armor for Optimus. However, seeing how close Trailerforce is to being a complete figure on its own, feels too expensive for something with a big hole in its chest. If it was more like a partsformer (City Commander style) and really needed classics Optimus to create some sort of robot mode, I wouldn't mind the price tag. I know G1 PM Optimus' trailer was pretty much a complete figure on its own, and just needed you to plug in the cab robot to complete it. But for me, this feels different. Maybe if it came with its own cab robot, I'd feel differently.

To add, I did buy Patriot when BBTS clearanced it for $35 or so. Even at that price, I felt ripped off. A couple of the parts broke on me. So when they announced Trailerforce, I had very low expectations. After wasting my money on patriot, even if it was clearanced, its a part of the reason I can't justify spending full price on another product by this group.

In the end, the $80 is for me personally, knowing another group is working on one, and it'll be priced probably in the same range I'd buy this one at. I wouldn't tell others to buy Trailerforce, if it only came down to the price. My friend who bought it at full price seemed quite happy with the purchase, and thats great for him. I, myself, would just not bother buying it unless I did see it available at that range in price. Otherwise, I'm happy with out.

Last edited by venksta; 05-24-2013 at 02:05 AM.
venksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #59
Pascal
Banned

Wait, I thought you meant you'd pay only $80 for that new Magnus/Prime trailer, but you were talking about Trailerforce all along. That makes more sense! I wouldn't pay more than $80 either, considering it barely transforms, looks bad in trailer mode and cheats a lot. Plus, I don't like how Classics Prime combines with it, with the legs sticking out on the back. It just makes it look like an afterthought.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #60
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
I saw a detailed review of that when it came out and ya, it's not bad. Definitely a step up from the Grand Patriot.
And hopefully this is another step up, let it be reviewed! Then I will decide.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3rd party, foc, generations