Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #31
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Dark of the Moon Toy Line: Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
The incompetence has spilled over into Prime with the great FE line cancelled in a bungling that ought to have heads rolling.
They likely did - Something like two hundred people were laid off. And I agree completely, the toys themselves are a mix of bad, good and great like any other line. But Hasbro marketing has done an incredibly terrible job over the last 16 or so months. It's hard to really make assessments about what has or will changed yet though, case assortments were likely sealed and sold months ago. Of course we don't know if the individuals behind the bungling were laid off or if they managed to save their jobs by, I don't know, blaming 2011 on third party or something.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:34 AM   #32
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I just think Hasbro should stop expecting the movie lines to have as much staying power as the show line or Generation line. The movie isn't gonna stay relevant for monthes, so pack two, three waves at best with as many characters as possible, ship them out and move on. Don't plan for a fourth wave that will never be picked up, its won't work.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:35 AM   #33
sikkbones
Banned

Doesn't hasbro have any other movie Ips to shelfwarm? Other than gijoe?
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #34
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Like battleship? Lol
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #35
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

All in all, I must agree. As a whole, the DOTM toyline was a BIG disappoint for me, what with the slightly smaller scale, lack of paint apps and cancelled figures, I was quite disappointed. And, while I liked a few of the toys from what was arguably the best TF film in the Bay series, ROTF had a MUCH better toyline overall.

Seriously, how can you release two Deluxe size DOTM Wreckers and cancel the third? Makes no sense to me and ticks me off to no end. PLUS, they axed Deluxe Soundwave!!! WHY??? And no Mirage??? I can't stand it!!!

The line was very disappointing and I really expected more from Hasbro on the final movie line.

Meh, that's my 2-cents worth for the day and now I must take a cold shower in an effort to settle down before I explode!

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #36
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
Seriously, how can you release two Deluxe size DOTM Wreckers and cancel the third?
They kinda did the same with the Constructicons for ROTF.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #37
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
Doesn't hasbro have any other movie Ips to shelfwarm? Other than gijoe?
The thor movie line did.

Last edited by Dragon Knight; 03-24-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Dragon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #38
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
They kinda did the same with the Constructicons for ROTF.
Canceled and never existed are not even kinda the same ting.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #39
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
All in all, I must agree. As a whole, the DOTM toyline was a BIG disappoint for me, what with the slightly smaller scale, lack of paint apps and cancelled figures, I was quite disappointed. And, while I liked a few of the toys from what was arguably the best TF film in the Bay series, ROTF had a MUCH better toyline overall.

Seriously, how can you release two Deluxe size DOTM Wreckers and cancel the third? Makes no sense to me and ticks me off to no end. PLUS, they axed Deluxe Soundwave!!! WHY??? And no Mirage??? I can't stand it!!!

The line was very disappointing and I really expected more from Hasbro on the final movie line.

Meh, that's my 2-cents worth for the day and now I must take a cold shower in an effort to settle down before I explode!

I don't get how Hasbro expect to get a good sale on their DOTM line with that many shitty characters to start with and so many repaints, especially the ridiculous amount of Bumblebee in the first few waves. I don't even see any kids buying those Bumblebee at all, I think parents are not dumb enough to buy double for their kids. The local Zellers has those Bumblebees not being touch at all! And another thing... I just don't understand why Hasbro always have to put the best figures in the last few waves for their toys and decide to make them so rare that people can't get them??? I really want those Que, Soundwave and Leadfoot, those are the ones I was waiting for all along in this line. Anyways, this line is the biggest disappointment to me on my TF collecting journey. Sometimes I feel like getting rid of all my movie figures because the characters are just not complete! I am being extremely careful and picky to start a line now. Seriously you got to think twice before you start a new series like Prime.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #40
sikkbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
The thor movie line did.
thor, iron man (to the point there is about 40 im2 transformers at my local ginat tiger still.) captain america... time will tell if the avengers shelfwarm.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote