Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-10-2022, 01:41 PM   #261
neevnav
Masterpiece
Re: Outrun Collectibles - No longer in business

I had some through PayPal, some through my CC, but both are past 180 days and I'm SOL apparently.
Old 11-10-2022, 01:59 PM   #262
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
So I never "fell victim" to this, mainly because I was already too picky about:
-> (thing I want isn't on sale)
-> (thing I want is on sale, but it's not a huge enough discount to consider, and I still got to pay for shipping, etc etc)

Plus the whole NMC phenomena had me spooked about advance paying for pre-orders, to the point where I never pre-ordered even from TSM & Pulse (only ever order items that were/are confirmed to be instock)

Basically (to my wife) "I don't want to be out money, waiting for months for something to come in"
Haslab being the exception, on the basis "its the only way to get these, and likely the cheapest since aftermarket will be bananas"

zero-down pre's are the way to go, GameStop is good for this - even though I wish they had better sales like Target, Amazon, etc - 10% is great on big-ticket items, but for smaller fry, it's a pittance

ANYWAYS I remember making an Outrun account and everything, but I never moved on it - lucky lucky

Hope everyone sees their desired resolution, this a terrible outcome for sure
The only pre-orders I've done are with the large ones TrU, Amazon, Gamestop, etc. which I don't believe actually take the money up-front but "check" the amount against your credit at the moment.. something like that...

The only other pre-orders I've done were with TFSafari, ShowZ that are solid/reputable and only ask a few dollars as deposit.

I've learned a long time ago to never buy pre-orders that ask for the full amount upfront as there's been too many horror stories and sadly, this is another one.

But as I read the message about "what went wrong", I can see that a massive part of things going sour (if this is honest and true) is the cancellations that screwed them up on top of the extra charges for the shipping (to get and to send out)... and for that I would put some blame of those people that do this sort of thing, they pre-order and cancel because they see another seller that will sell for something as cheap as 2 to 5 dollars less and that's enough for them to create the scenario that the order the guy placed ends up costing him if he can't move it. Not blaming the "victims" here, but it's something that I've seen some praise themselves over doing crappy behavior as such, especially with the attitude that somehow, sellers owe them something.

I've had one bad experience that a local seller sold me new figures (set of two) with one that had damaged and instead of simply replacing it, he wanted me to re-buy the damaged one (so "half" the set that was a "discount" according to them), and from then, I've never bought from them again.

Anyways... I do hope that people can get reimbursed (as a refund is not going to happen) and just never pre-order at full price again. I can understand wanting to help local vendors, but still, some things as per unconfirmed goods is always a risk.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:27 PM   #263
timcrook
Cybertron

Did anyone here actually visit their physical retail store? And I'm curious if they had a tax number, or was he just pocketing the taxes too?
Old 11-10-2022, 09:36 PM   #264
quickkick
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
Did anyone here actually visit their physical retail store? And I'm curious if they had a tax number, or was he just pocketing the taxes too?
Googled his name his business name is registered did he pocket the taxes still most likely. Dumb thing is his home address is also listed man he probably got evicted from his apartment
quickkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 10:27 PM   #265
TZX123
Beasty

Yikes...sorry for all your losses.

I guess I got lucky with this guy...

Back in March 2022, I placed a pre-order for Kingdom Blaster. I ended up chasing him for almost 4 months before I get my Blaster in the mail.

And he said, he wants to give me a discount for the next purchase to makeup for the delay...which I almost pre-ordered SS86 Perceptor from him. But I ended up with the Titan's Return version (from a member here) instead.
Old 11-10-2022, 10:56 PM   #266
quickkick
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZX123 View Post
Yikes...sorry for all your losses.

I guess I got lucky with this guy...

Back in March 2022, I placed a pre-order for Kingdom Blaster. I ended up chasing him for almost 4 months before I get my Blaster in the mail.

And he said, he wants to give me a discount for the next purchase to makeup for the delay...which I almost pre-ordered SS86 Perceptor from him. But I ended up with the Titan's Return version (from a member here) instead.
Man my duped order also included Blaster. I should have contacted paypal when he was saying there was a kingdom and legacy issue. The chump kept saying dont worry your on top priority shipment orders. Nothing but lies on lies from this guy. I see a lot of small business posting on their social medias saying they will never go down that route and its safe to preorder with them. Gotta play it safe for the foreseeable future from now on.
quickkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:03 PM   #267
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermix View Post
I do have an update to share. I have a Visa card with RBC and was able to open a dispute regarding items I pre-ordered in February and March. The item in February was expected by October 2022, so that was a slam dunk. The items in March were expected by December 2022, so I needed to provide the e-mail from Outrun on October 11th 2022 that clearly states they would not be fulfilling any remaining orders.

So, to anyone in similar circumstances to me, you might be in good shape to open a dispute.
I've never had to do this, so forgive the ignorance...
did you contact your bank to initiate the proceedings or Visa themselves?

Also, do they ask for some kind of proof of when the items were supposed to ship? All I seem to have is the order confirmation from the order I placed back in April.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:27 PM   #268
Fermix
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
I've never had to do this, so forgive the ignorance...
did you contact your bank to initiate the proceedings or Visa themselves?

Also, do they ask for some kind of proof of when the items were supposed to ship? All I seem to have is the order confirmation from the order I placed back in April.
Generally if you call your bank's customer service and tell them you have a request regarding your credit card, they will direct you to the appropriate department. I strongly recommend you call earlier in the day to avoid long wait times!

I can't speak to other banks, but with my RBC Visa they ask some questions but the charge on your statement is enough to initiate the process. They pretty much take you at your word and inquire with the merchant for proof that the order was fulfilled. If this is not provided by the merchant in a timely manner, the charge is reversed.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 12:02 AM   #269
Malechai
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermix View Post
They pretty much take you at your word and inquire with the merchant for proof that the order was fulfilled. If this is not provided by the merchant in a timely manner, the charge is reversed.
This is exactly the stage that my request is at with TD Visa.
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 06:50 AM   #270
Canadiangeek
Generation 1

Look up makiveli_pun on Instagram, he wants to get all as many people possible who got screwed over by outrun and legally go after him. Spread the word!
Canadiangeek is offline   Reply With Quote