Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 02-06-2023, 03:00 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Studio Series Bumblebee And Cheetor In-Package Image

The official Hasbro Korea Naver store is*revealing*our first look at the in-package images of*Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Studio Series Bumblebee*and*Cheetor. Deluxe 100 – Bumblebee Convert the action figure from robot to Chevrolet Camaro mode in 23 steps and pose the Bumblebee toy in the included Volcano Showdown removable backdrop scene. Voyager 98 – Cheetor Convert the action figure from robot to cheetah mode in 24 steps and pose the Cheetor toy in the included Peruvian Jungle Discovery removable backdrop scene. You can check out the images, after the jump.

The post Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Studio Series Bumblebee And Cheetor In-Package Images appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 02-14-2023, 02:49 PM   #2
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Studio Series Bumblebee And Cheetor In-Package I

I finally saw a review that included the "transformation" and I will put that in quotes, because it doesn't exactly transform, it more shifts and adjusts from one mode to the other.
The head reveal is predictable, you pull out the cat head and tuck in the robot head, and that's about all it does.
Literally the only thing that I didn't know just by looking at it, was a panel on the forearm sliding to the side.

Seriously Hasbro, make it more complicated for fifty five dollars. The big kids can handle it.

Pass. Easy pass.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 02:56 PM   #3
RansakWORK
Beast Machine
Re: Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Studio Series Bumblebee And Cheetor In-Package I

This is a slightly different case in that the movie was delayed but when merchandise comes out for a show months before hand.. its usually a sign the movie is bad and they know it.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 04:25 PM   #4
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
I finally saw a review that included the "transformation" and I will put that in quotes, because it doesn't exactly transform, it more shifts and adjusts from one mode to the other.
The head reveal is predictable, you pull out the cat head and tuck in the robot head, and that's about all it does.
Literally the only thing that I didn't know just by looking at it, was a panel on the forearm sliding to the side.

Seriously Hasbro, make it more complicated for fifty five dollars. The big kids can handle it.

Pass. Easy pass.
Yes, but it's okay because the original Beast-era toys often also had that same kind of transformation, and apparently we can't expect a $45 Voyager from 2023 to be any better than a $15 Deluxe from the late '90s.
Old 02-14-2023, 05:37 PM   #5
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Yes, but it's okay because the original Beast-era toys often also had that same kind of transformation, and apparently we can't expect a $45 Voyager from 2023 to be any better than a $15 Deluxe from the late '90s.
The biggest let down of this toy, is they have the technology, the know-how, and the experience to make a much better, more complex figure. This one has the same amount of appeal to me, as an old power ranger toy, where the head flipped over from masked to the face.
I'll admit, they put a lot of detail and sculpt work into this figure, and it looks like it should, perfectly like the on screen character (probably). They likely couldn't do that level of detail long ago.
But there's more to transformers than just having a nice looking figure. For me, at least, I look for a fun and interesting transformation first.

I hope they give these characters actual personalities in the movie. It's so easy for them to just give the sidekicks such throw away lines. I hope they give everyone the chance to speak at least.
Old 02-14-2023, 06:31 PM   #6
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Hasbro is in the dumps.. layoffs, stock is crashing.. OGL1.1 was a failure (it was part of their goal to make 50% increased profits for next few years)... MTG is in shambles...

Hasbro is, and will bend over backwards to find ways to sell you less for more. After inflation comes shrinkflation.. they dont want to reduce prices so they reduce what you get for the same price. Thus basically your normal action figure with a minor "transformation".

In a year they will hum and haw and how expensive plastic is for such a small multi-dollar company and all the fan boys will come rushing in to defend them when they increase prices again.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 07:40 PM   #7
joshimus
Metroplex

I dont know if this is a nitpick others have as well, but whats with the boxy style of the SS figures? Where's the sleek designs? I'm not expecting Beast Machines Cheetor here but he looks aweful. Even Mirage has a boxy look. I like the sleek look better for the movie bots. ROTB seems to not be doing that, on expensive figures that SHOULD look better
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 08:54 PM   #8
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

I'm glad that they went with the boxy look for Mirage since the only way to replicate his on-screen look would to make him a shellformer with entirely fake kibble and I'd prefer a good toy to a screen-accurate one, but this Cheetor just looks boring.
Old 02-16-2023, 10:59 AM   #9
Skorpulator
Armada

Don't expect Primal to be that much more complex either, historically, he has always barely transformed.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 11:50 AM   #10
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Don't expect Primal to be that much more complex either, historically, he has always barely transformed.
Can't wait for that waist swivel. That's an important step.