Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-03-2023, 04:12 PM   #681
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

FYI, NMC Toys will stop accepting payments through PayPal soon.

Probably because of all the disputes that he loses.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 02:49 AM   #682
Robbler
Machine War

Saw someone commented on one of their Facebook posts that they haven't receieved a preorder they placed in 2020. Felt like telling them to kiss that money goodbye.
Old 04-24-2023, 02:11 PM   #683
Dee9922
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbler View Post
Saw someone commented on one of their Facebook posts that they haven't receieved a preorder they placed in 2020. Felt like telling them to kiss that money goodbye.
Sad but true.

It's becoming more and more evident that his "pre orders" don't exist , he just wants for other stores to go on sale and discount and then he scoops them up to resell.

I have no idea how some people praise this store. Every single one of his "new arrivals" have been pegwarming for months or on sale elsewhere now.
Dee9922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:17 PM   #684
Mishap
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee9922 View Post
Sad but true.
I'm in the same situation. I had two orders, two items each. One item from each order came in, and after I emailed him, he sent them together. But I have no expectation of seeing the other two items. What really screws things up is that the orders were placed on the old website, which is no longer active, and the orders did not carry over.

Last edited by Mishap; 04-24-2023 at 09:20 PM.
Mishap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 09:38 AM   #685
Malechai
Machine War

I simply don't understand how its legal for someone to keep money and not give what what was paid for after a certain amount of time.
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 09:53 AM   #686
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechai View Post
I simply don't understand how its legal for someone to keep money and not give what what was paid for after a certain amount of time.
Pro tip: it’s not.
Old 04-25-2023, 10:02 AM   #687
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
I'm in the same situation. I had two orders, two items each. One item from each order came in, and after I emailed him, he sent them together. But I have no expectation of seeing the other two items. What really screws things up is that the orders were placed on the old website, which is no longer active, and the orders did not carry over.
You should honestly bite the bullet and use store credit to get something in stock, before he closes down.

But even trying to get in touch with him is a gong show, the fastest way isn't sending 5+ emails to the orders or info NMC email address, but to message him directly on Instagram, where he's pissing away most of his t day arguing with people who paid him, but haven't gotten squat in their products.
Old 04-25-2023, 01:16 PM   #688
Malechai
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
Pro tip: it?s not.
how are police not involved then? could it not be considered theft after a certain amount of time? ELI5
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:32 PM   #689
Ozrein
Stunticon

I’m not completely familiar with the process, but if those who are owed money can get together, they can work some sort of class action lawsuit against him, I’m sure. A business is legally obligated to provide an item sold. I, personally, have no dog in this particular fight, but if I did, I’d be pursuing all avenues available to me.

I’ve been screwed over by another online store but since they were in Australia, I had less options and the card I used were useless in assisting me. My only positive from the situation was there were enough customers in Aus. to get legal action brought against the business and it’s owner. From what I heard, he ended up being shut down and going bankrupt, can’t remember if he saw jail time.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:08 PM   #690
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
I?m not completely familiar with the process, but if those who are owed money can get together, they can work some sort of class action lawsuit against him, I?m sure. A business is legally obligated to provide an item sold. I, personally, have no dog in this particular fight, but if I did, I?d be pursuing all avenues available to me.

I?ve been screwed over by another online store but since they were in Australia, I had less options and the card I used were useless in assisting me. My only positive from the situation was there were enough customers in Aus. to get legal action brought against the business and it?s owner. From what I heard, he ended up being shut down and going bankrupt, can?t remember if he saw jail time.
The lawsuit is quite costly in legal fees, and I doubt any firm will do it without demanding a retainer upfront (to which victims of NMC would be hesitant to commit more money just to get their money back, and it would be significantly less than the amount they were owed).

Small claims court in Ontario is more likely (civil suit up to $10k), but this guy is banking on people frustrated with him ghosting people and just giving up.

I'm sure someone here in the boards with an actual legal background can elaborate more ideas.

I pitched to the NMC Survivors FB group to submit their story to one of the media outlets, like CBC Marketplace or Pat Foran Consumer Alert, but I'm not sure if anyone submitted yet or if they decided not to pick up the topic.

At this rate, it's just Russian roulette on when this scumbag shuts down and runs away with the money (which is what he's been trying to do all along by creating millions of excuses of not delivering products).