Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-21-2019, 11:50 AM   #821
Pgianos
Banned
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRav View Post
Ordered Skywarp. Early last month I think it was down to about $63-$64 and I was tempted. Glad I waited.
Patience for this hobby is paramount. Good for you.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:15 PM   #822
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
I got one better for you. If you are not doing this already shame.

Add whatever you want to buy on Amazon into your cart then choose option save it for later. Then check your cart once a day for any price chances. That's how I found it for sale. When it drop s to a price you are comfortable with. Order it.

yeah, I do that at times, but I was going to skip this guy as the other member mentioned, the prior "sale" was still way to much for my interest and I didn't really expect it to drop more.

I just can't keep up with checking on prices with Amazon as they keep changing too often and I just don't have that sort of time (my wife finds that I spend too much time online for robots already), so I really appreciate fine members like yourself that lets others know!

Last edited by imfallenangel; 10-21-2019 at 01:20 PM.
imfallenangel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:31 PM   #823
Pgianos
Banned

[QUOTE=imfallenangel;799249]yeah, I do that at times, but I was going to skip this guy as the other member mentioned, the prior "sale" was still way to much for my interest and I didn't really expect it to drop more.

I just can't keep up with checking on prices with Amazon as they keep changing too often and I just don't have that sort of time (my wife finds that I spend too much time online for robots already), so I really appreciate fine members like yourself that lets others know!

Im just ribbing you buddy.

Cheers
Old 10-21-2019, 11:35 PM   #824
imfallenangel
Cybertron

And it's shipped and should be here tomorrow....woohoo.

In all my years, I've always really like Skywarp's colors, with the only versions I ever did get due to just never finding him very much, was:
  1. Universe (Beast war recolour) that is a great mold aside the bunny ears, but not a proper "seeker". And that's from a flea market purchase.
  2. Combiner wars legends, which for it's size it an amazing mold. (managed to get Acid storm and Thundercracker, never saw Starscream, ended up getting a KO, but surprise! it was an oversized version, so doesn't fit)
So as a "true" seeker figure, it's my first one, so while I refrained from getting him due to price of the set and not caring for the targetmasters, I am looking very forward to seeing him.

Still, I hate the "set" thing on top of being an exclusive, considering that he is such a main G1 figure. I'm glad that there's not that many sets and none that are like this (with main G1 character without a stand-alone release).

Last edited by imfallenangel; 10-21-2019 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #825
Pgianos
Banned

Got mine it's nice .. I thought the little guys would have more paint
Old 10-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #826
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Just an aside, there's a neat browser plugin called Keepa that embeds a price tracker/graph when you browse Amazon. Transformers or otherwise, it gives you a history of price trends for the item so you can decide if you're getting a deal or at least a price you can live with.

https://keepa.com/

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #827
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
Just an aside, there's a neat browser plugin called Keepa that embeds a price tracker/graph when you browse Amazon. Transformers or otherwise, it gives you a history of price trends for the item so you can decide if you're getting a deal or at least a price you can live with.

https://keepa.com/
There is also Honey Plugin and CamelCamelCamel.

Lots of options out there for price tracking.

Honey is what alerted me that morning to the price drops.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:22 PM   #828
imfallenangel
Cybertron

And I have my new buddy...

As expected, he looks grat.

The little side Targetmasters are meh... flat recolours of blah bots, which main reason for existence and purchase has been their blast effect pieces.

It really sucks that absolutely zero efforts were made for new molds in any way, and that these guys just look like they're are bent over (which they are).

Don't believe me, just hold one like you're shooting him and see what you're looking at.. yes, that's 100% genuine robot moons, and with their hands like that.. reminisce of a certain "goatXXXXXX" picture from the days of yore..

At least the Titans Return Titan Masters that were triple changers as vehicle/animal (some sort of dual form) and weapon, were very different molds across all of them. Even the remolds were different enough to actually be different.

These guys, that don't even have knees or elbows, could have really been 100x better in so many ways.. legs or arms merging to be the barrels or such, limbs flipping over to be hidden, instead of the arms on the sides like that, so far, it looks like the unreleased "Rung" is the first that has actual potential (but still lacks proper articulation).

At least it's better about Soundbarrier, who being a shield, is a robot with a serious suicidal streak, that on his down-time, is a piece of street. He should have been called Marvin.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 10-22-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:34 AM   #829
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
And I have my new buddy...

As expected, he looks grat.

The little side Targetmasters are meh... flat recolours of blah bots, which main reason for existence and purchase has been their blast effect pieces.

It really sucks that absolutely zero efforts were made for new molds in any way, and that these guys just look like they're are bent over (which they are).

Don't believe me, just hold one like you're shooting him and see what you're looking at.. yes, that's 100% genuine robot moons, and with their hands like that.. reminisce of a certain "goatXXXXXX" picture from the days of yore..

At least the Titans Return Titan Masters that were triple changers as vehicle/animal (some sort of dual form) and weapon, were very different molds across all of them. Even the remolds were different enough to actually be different.

These guys, that don't even have knees or elbows, could have really been 100x better in so many ways.. legs or arms merging to be the barrels or such, limbs flipping over to be hidden, instead of the arms on the sides like that, so far, it looks like the unreleased "Rung" is the first that has actual potential (but still lacks proper articulation).

At least it's better about Soundbarrier, who being a shield, is a robot with a serious suicidal streak, that on his down-time, is a piece of street. He should have been called Marvin.
I agree with everything you said.

The lack of at least elbow articulation of the target masters is unacceptable.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:44 AM   #830
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Well if anyone wants to sell the Targetmasters lmk I'd be interested. They are the only things I wanted from the set but couldn't be bothered buying it an getting stuck with Skywarp
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote