Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #21
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Reaction to the new Autobots & Decepticons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Ahhh Consumers Distributing especially the catalogue

Sears Wish Book!

I used to rent TF:TM from the video store regularly. I recorded the soundtrack to cassette tape directly from the movie (so voice acting and SFX intact).

It's been parodied so much, but... "No matter the cost" into the Touch is pure heroism and goosebumps. I also love "This is the end of the road, Galvatron" at the end and the Touch.

Watching it as I got older, I became more upset/confused at how they killed off characters so blithely. I used to watch "Roll For It" and "Fire In The Sky" over and over again, had them on VHS, so characters like Prowl (remember when he wasn't a completely amoral douchebag?), Ratchet, Brawn, Wheeljack were all very familiar and cool to me. Prowl's death with the fire and smoke out of his eyes and mouth was disturbing. I'm over it, but man, so many other ways around it.

The GI Joe movie wasn't anywhere near as good, but at least they didn't have to kill off the entire old cast to introduce new characters. Then again, Joe had a better built-in mechanism to introduce new characters. It's the army. New recruits!

Still...

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #22
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Re: Reaction to the new Autobots & Decepticons

I don't know if my memory is correct, but were the season 3 toys released before the movie? like 2-3 months before? or were they released after the movie? Cause I know the movie was mainly to introduce the new toys.