Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 07-28-2019, 03:30 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
HasLab Unicron Crowdfunging Hits 2000 Backers!

You belong to me now! We can report that the HasLab Unicron Crowdfunging has reached its first 2000 backers. The first Transformers Crowdfunding figure has reached 25% of it’s final goal of 8000 supporters and we still have 34 days to reach this amount. If so, Unicron’s figure will be produced, taking his place as the biggest Transformers ever made! You can support Unicron here, and then you can join to the ongoing discussion on the 2005 Boards!

The post HasLab Unicron Crowdfunging Hits 2000 Backers! appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 07-28-2019, 04:00 PM   #2
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: HasLab Unicron Crowdfunging Hits 2000 Backers!

Tfw sure loves sucking the plastic dong of our corporate overlords.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:36 PM   #3
DCompose
Robot Master

Hasbro should reveal a G1 packaging, to send the nunbers to the moon!
Old 07-28-2019, 07:23 PM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

So What? Who cares?

I'm sorry, but I have never been so tired of any product in my life being shoved down my throat daily as much as this idiocy consistently is. I can't believe how quickly I have lost virtually any respect I had left for Hasbro. Again, sorry.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:04 PM   #5
Msol
Titanium

You lost respect for Hasbro because TFW2005 keeps hyping something?
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:26 PM   #6
TRUCKvsGUN

^ Something tells me this has nothing to do with Hasbro, respect, or TFW.

People, if you're not interested in something, just move on with your life.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:37 PM   #7
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

If someone gives me $900 I'll back the hell out of this thing.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 11:04 PM   #8
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
You lost respect for Hasbro because TFW2005 keeps hyping something?
To be fair, I don't really much respect the way Hasbro has been doing business, or treating fans, since the TLK line, if I'm being honest. This is just a new level of distaste lately. Also, I'm equally not a fan of the so called "news" hype, it isn't news.
Look, I know it has had a lot of hype and for some odd reason, some people seem to like it, I'm just not getting the appeal and whenever I think it has died down, it flares up again, like a rash lol.
I respect that there are 2 sides to every story and objectively discussed it on that bases as I have no dog in this fight but this newest tidbit just feels like overkill, that's all.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:37 PM   #9
Msol
Titanium

I dunno man I find it super fun. It’s like an event, kind of like following Endgame box office results.

I’m also stressing about weather I should buy 1 Unicron, or 2 or 5.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #10
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
I dunno man I find it super fun. It’s like an event, kind of like following Endgame box office results.

I’m also stressing about weather I should buy 1 Unicron, or 2 or 5.
I feel ya', and that's fair, I guess. I hadn't even thought of it along those lines.

I also guess that maybe that's the thing, I don't think the 2 camps (for and against) will ever be able to reconcile with one another on this issue, which kinda makes me a bit sad if I'm honest. Let me try and explain what I mean, I hope this works lol.

On one side,I know some folks have backed 1 and some have backed more. I don't personally understand why anyone would ever back 1 and here's the thing, I don't think I am even capable of thinking along those lines, like I can't fathom a toy being thought of as an event...its just a toy, an insultingly overpriced toy at that. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with someone who does think that way but I believe that I am so far removed that I can't even digest or imagine such excitement, I kinda wish I could sometimes lol. Like, it doesn't even dawn on me to have that idea.

On the other side, many say they like it and wish they could afford it and all this stuff. I can afford it, I just think its attrocious and, at best, might belong in a transformer museum. When I say I just don't want it because it looks awful I get funny stares, as if simply not wanting it doesn't register as an option lol. Like I'm a weirdo for not wanting it, and maybe I am. I just, I dunno, I find its existence obnoxious and insulting. And, as I say that, those who would back this thing won't be able to fathom my mindset either.

That's the thing, I think those 2 mindsets are sooooo far apart that it even becomes challenging to see the point of view if the other side. If this was union negotiations, there would be a strike lol.

As I have said before, to me it boils down to 1 question - am I okay telling Hasbro that this is an acceptable price to charge me personally for a toy? Since I have lost pretty much all respect for the way they do things over the last couple years, and find this a pretty lackluster attempt the more I see of it and since I could be dead before this monstrosity ever even releases, I gotta vote no, this is not even close to being acceptable and therefore the incessant marketing barrage just feels...dirty.