Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 03-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #71
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: QC Issues for Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Mine is missing the instructions!
Have you deconstructed the entire box? The instruction sheet I had - and I think many others' - was well-hidden.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #72
CanBot
Cybertron

So I've decided to dig up this old chestnut, as I've opened my asia release MP-10 the other day and have had some issues. This is taken from my other thread, so I apologize for the redundancy:

On the windows not closing properly with the Matrix inside the compartment:
Ok, so after doing some research (right on this site, in fact!) I learned that the Matrix has something to do with it. It ships in the 'wrong' direction, and if you just try to close the doors, it won't. So I pulled it right out to see how good it gets, and it closes enough to my tastes (although a nice 'click' would have been preferable). I even managed to get the Matrix in there looking quite similar, but I have to press pretty hard, compressing the whole front and back torso together.

If I nudge it and the grill (his 'abs') get a little out of alignment, it seems to affect how the Matrix holder sits in his chest and the gap shows up right away.

I'm not sure how to proceed, I think I'll wait to see what you guys say. I'm not expecting perfection anymore (I think I set the bar a little too high for MP series, and was woken to reality with SW last year...great toys, of course, but in my mind I was expecting something near perfect, which wasn't the case).

Noisy arm:
There's also some rattling in his right arm somewhere...although I see enough screws where I think I can open it up to remove any errant plastic piece causing the noise. The trailer rear doors also appear to not line up quite perfectly, and his wheels in bot mode don't really spin at all..not that it's a big deal, not like I'm going to push him around or anything (vroom vroom!).
Overall:
The nit picky part of me also noticed that one of his helmet antennae is not as perfectly straight as the other...and to be honest, if he took an accidental tumble, I'm sure that would snap right off. The plastic seems a bit weak in that respect. Not to mention a design choice I'm not sure why they went with just yet....his head sits on a flat panel that tilts back and forth (probably for tranforming purpose), and then the neck itself tilts as you'd expect. But that panel is kinda loose, so I can't adjust his neck without holding down that panel. Another lil gripe.

After going through this thread, I've managed to get the Matrix in there, but it has to fit backwards. No other way around that.

Paint issues are almost none...everything looks great.

I know it's been a while, and some of you have these waiting to be opened, but I'm still on the fence regarding returning him for another should the issues not get resolved. At some point, I'll get lucky! But overall, I'm ok with him. Kinda to the same degree as SW, where I was disappointed from the onset due to QC, but then just lightened up over a lot of the small stuff.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #73
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Sorry to hear about your QC issues, I hate when you buy an expensive figure and you have qc issues/
Inever had any issues with my MP10 but thenagain I didn't buy the rereleases so I didn't have any mold degradation on mine.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 12-20-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:26 AM   #74
CanBot
Cybertron

I'm not even sure what mold degradation would look like, but for my issues there seems to be a lot worse (or at least, similar)...even on the reviews on youtube.

I'm thinking there may be some more add-ons to this thread, as the reissue is here. But I do wish that you all get something as close to perfect as possible! Even with the warts, I can say I'm happy. I've found no MP I've got so far has been 'perfect', and that's probably unrealistic anyway.

SO NOW I'M BACK TO HOOTING FOR JOY OVER OWNING MP-10, WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!
Old 12-21-2014, 03:59 AM   #75
namomaz
Beasty

I have had issues when I started collecting MP figures with hasbro's acidstorm and hasbro's soundwave so I decided to go with Takara and sold all my Hasbro figures. There is a reissue from takara (hasbro asia) coming in 2015.

Hasbro's quality control doesn't exist.

My feedback thread
namomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:22 PM   #76
xbrawn
Banned

my year of the horse has extremely loose legs for some reason anyone know a fix?
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:14 PM   #77
xbrawn
Banned

qc question bump.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:45 AM   #78
Phy
Machine War

Here's a problem with YOTH Prime. Got him last year, spent most of his time on the shelf but I do play with him off and on. It's done this on both legs.
Phy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:45 AM   #79
justprime
Animated

Knowing these problems I went for Takara 2.0 version and touch wood no problems in either mode that said I wonder if year of the horse has same issues?
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #80
Longshot
Pretender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phy View Post
Here's a problem with YOTH Prime. Got him last year, spent most of his time on the shelf but I do play with him off and on. It's done this on both legs.
Damn... I got him when it first came out, now I have to get home and check him out.

Update June 26, 2015: Checked both my YotH Prime and my MP-10 Hasbro re-issue and did not see the problems documented here.

Last edited by Longshot; 06-28-2015 at 07:11 AM.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote