Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-13-2018, 02:28 AM   #51
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: Hasbro Coupons for Toys R Us Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
I just got my Potp leaders, Swoop, Slash and Beachcomber canceled due to being no longer available in their warehouses. The leaders were ~35 after taxes
That really sucks...when did u put in the order? You can likely get them to honour the price if they come back in stock online, keep all the info. on hand...this was from the Dec 31 sale?
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #52
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
That really sucks...when did u put in the order? You can likely get them to honour the price if they come back in stock online, keep all the info. on hand...this was from the Dec 31 sale?
It was the Dec 31st sale, yup. I have the emails so I can always ask when I see them in store but I think rain cheques only last for 60 days.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:37 PM   #53
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

If you have the prices in your order that was not completed, and it was an error on their end, you can request the same prices for a future order and they should be able to honour it.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:52 AM   #54
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
If you have the prices in your order that was not completed, and it was an error on their end, you can request the same prices for a future order and they should be able to honour it.
Good to know, I'll try to find them in store, though I doubt I'll see them any time soon. Beachcomber, Swoop or Slash maybe, but I'll doubt I'll see any of the Leaders.

At least I got the Prime masters, Grimlock, Slag and Dreadwind at the sale price.

Last edited by Digibasherx; 01-14-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:54 AM   #55
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Good to know, I'll try to find them in store, though I doubt I'll see them any time soon. Beachcomber, Swoop or Slash maybe, but I'll doubt I'll see any of the Leaders.

At least I got the Prime masters, Grimlock, Slag and Dreadwind at the sale price.
Online they should be able to adjust, in store hard to say as its likely at the discretion of the manager. The online store is like its own store, so they will likely honour the prices but in store who knows.

Hope they restock all items for PotP, they had alot more legends on shelves than Leaders, so here's hoping they will bring back stock.

Happy Hunting!
R.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:03 AM   #56
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:

Beachcomber and slash is available on eBay for around $12-13. Might be quicker vs waiting for restocks
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:54 AM   #57
Masterpiece Man
Generation 1

Quick question... has anyone who received the physical printed set of coupons sent with items from their online TRU order taken them to Walmart to see if they price match? I would have a better chance to pick up the POTP leaders from Walmart then my local TRU.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:57 AM   #58
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterpiece Man View Post
Quick question... has anyone who received the physical printed set of coupons sent with items from their online TRU order taken them to Walmart to see if they price match? I would have a better chance to pick up the POTP leaders from Walmart then my local TRU.
Stores typically match prices vs coupons. From my understanding hasbro reimburses the coupon value to TRU.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #59
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
I'm unsure if they will match a BOGO sales coupon...I would call them and ask, usually the phone or online Walmart is alot more helpful, but in store its at the manager's discretion alot of the time. Often they claim they need an actual price to go off of for a price match.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #60
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Quick question... has anyone who received the physical printed set of coupons sent with items from their online TRU order taken them to Walmart to see if they price match?
I specifically tried this last year when TR Sixshot came out, three different Ottawa(& Gatineau) WalMarts in town denied me
Stated they only ad-match against flyer price reductions, would not honour TRU coupons

With that said, I used this knowledge to more successfully ad-match with WM when TRU did flyer sales - bring the flyer, sometimes coupled with a printout of the specific size-class I'm after howing the reduction on the TRU website, success rate is really high using this method

But again, to answer your question, in my experience WM will not accept TRU coupons
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote