Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #11
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: "Korean Box"?

Here's all the Korean releases I have.

BW2 BB, BW2 Starscream, BW2 Lio Convoy, BW2 Magnaboss, BW2 Galvatron, BWN Magmatron, and BWN Big Convoy all look and feel like they're made of the same type of plastic, which looks and feels light and cheap, though not as much as the Animated figures. Plus, its more flexible than most other Transformers I've handled.

All are Korean packaging, attained from different sellers through different means at different times, though most through BBTS. Each packaging in consistent with each other from the same series in style, quality, etc, and came with the expected extra bits including cards and sales flyers. Paint on the figures aren't that bad, but the stickers on BB and Starscream are horrible quality.

Comparing my Korean Big Convoy to Hasbro Universe Nemesis Prime (both mammoths), Big Convoy feels significantly lighter, and the plastic has a whole lot more give in it.

I don't have a Japanese Big Convoy to compare it to, but the huge difference doesn't sit well with me.

Were the Japanese releases of these figures also made of the same sort of plastic? Or all of my Korean BW2 and BWN figures actually Knock-offs?

Last edited by Shepp; 08-26-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #12
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

I had a Korean boxed Big Convoy, have an American Universe (mammoth) Nemesis Prime, and have a Japanese Black Big Convoy. They all seem to be the same quality for me, though the both Big Convoys seemed to have looser joints than the Universe Nemesis Prime...

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #13
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrana View Post
the last official toys in takara that actually had chinese packaging was headmaster i think...

now theys they just add chinese instructor into American version and sell it on the maket
Chinese G1s ended in the victory line. Some people on the boards have G1 Road Caesar bots. Same for Landcross.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #14
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Between my Takara BWN and my Sonokong (korean brand) BWN I tell no difference in quality.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #15
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
I had a Korean boxed Big Convoy, have an American Universe (mammoth) Nemesis Prime, and have a Japanese Black Big Convoy. They all seem to be the same quality for me, though the both Big Convoys seemed to have looser joints than the Universe Nemesis Prime...

So I'm getting the idea that with the difference between the "Korean" misb ones I've purchased through BBTS and Hasbro's Universe Nemesis Prime Mammoth, that the "Korean" ones I've purchased through BBTS are knock-offs.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #16
Uberman
Energon

Well now I'm less confused, but more concerned about counterfeits.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #17
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

I've heard that the Korean boxed ones were still manufactured by Takara, just sold under the Sonokong brand in Korea.

I'm guessing that there should be no difference in the Takara/Sonokong boxed ones (I never owned a JP Takara regular Big Convoy, so my comparison with my Black Big Convoy is a tad skewed), though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a difference between BWNeo Big Convoy and TFU (mammoth) Nemesis Prime; it wouldn't be the first time that there would've been plastic differences between Takara and Hasbro products...

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:37 AM   #18
onecoin
Banned

"Korean Box" is a horror movie that involves this haunted box with a secret past. A couple just move into the house where the box is and it begins to "haunt" them. They discover the box and by researching its past they unfold its "horrific" and "shocking" secrets, just in time to save themselves, but not in time to save any supporting characters. There is an "America Box." Its still takes place in Korea, but the couple is American, it makes less sense and is not as scary.

Actually, there is a movie called "The Box" coming out which is a full length adaptation of a short story and a twilight zone episode, where a man comes to a couple with a box and a proposition. The can open the box and become rich, but a person they don't know somewhere in the world will die. Check it out to discover the terrible secrets of "The Box"
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
Richter
Nexus Maximus

I wouldn't mind hitting up asia to get some "Korean Box"
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:07 AM   #20
Sideswipe
Break it down!

I love my 35$ Korean Big Convoy. Doesn't seem fake to me. Is it lighter? Really?

Neat!
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote