Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 03:28 PM   #1
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt
Earthrise Cliffjumper

For those who have him, is he worth it? I've been put off by the size-to-price ratio and the partsforming, but I've never had a decent Cliffjumper in my collection.

Come push me off the fence!
Old 04-18-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Earthrise Cliffjumper

He's fantastic. Anybody who says he's a "legends class" is wrong. He is twice the mass as, say, tr bumblebee and substantially more involved.

My take is: this should be a $20 price point size. There's nothing between $13 micromasters and $30 "proper" transformers in deluxe.

Put that aside he's a delight.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
Old 04-18-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
Mumps
Canadian Slag

The partsforming killed the toy for me. Sold mine after transforming it once. For that price, there shouldn't be any partsforming. The build quality and mass of the toy were great though, but.. When I opened the toy and found out the entire back of the car partsformed.. That was when I couldn't justify the price.
Old 04-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

It's more than a typical legends, but not close to being worth 29.99. I reviewed it on loan and would only pick it up for about 40 percent off or so, say around 17.99 or so. He's.....okay.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:36 PM   #5
Msol
Titanium

Looks great in the WFC lineup. I tell myself that if you buy Cliff and Hoist at the same time the heights and costs average out.

Helps me sleep at night.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:35 PM   #6
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
Looks great in the WFC lineup. I tell myself that if you buy Cliff and Hoist at the same time the heights and costs average out.

Helps me sleep at night.
Spinister, apeface, and Shockwave (the figure without his crap)... Are all the same height.

Oh war for Cybertron, you so crazy.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
Old 04-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #7
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Don't get it. Its just the best looking chug CJ released and you know how they release an awesome looking CJ just about every year. And being broke as a joke Im sure you cant afford that $35 or at least put it to better use like a large pizza and some beer. And the parts forming blows, I for one need to transform my TF figures all day every day so it's a total deal breaker.
Old 04-18-2020, 08:31 PM   #8
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Spinister, apeface, and Shockwave (the figure without his crap)... Are all the same height.

Oh war for Cybertron, you so crazy.
It's pretty crazy how the tallest deluxes are only about a head shorter than any given voyager. You mentioned Spinister, and I'd add Ironhide/Ratchet/Crosshairs, Impactor, and Hoist to that list. There's a lot of variation at the deluxe scale.

So far I'm seeing very divided opinions on CJ. One thing that struck me is, his design has a lot in common with 3P MP takes on Cliffjumper, using MP-21 Bumblebee as a template. They look like they'd be around the same size, too.

EDIT: Google tells me CJ is about 10 cm tall, so still shorter than MP-21.

Last edited by positivelyken; 04-18-2020 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 08:52 PM   #9
Ozrein
Stunticon

I like him a lot. He said the perfect size, comes with an awesome cannon/gun set and an interesting take on the typical CJ/BB transformation. Yes his parts-forming is a bit annoying but it doesn’t detract much from otherwise great figure. IMO
Old 04-18-2020, 10:11 PM   #10
imfallenangel
Cybertron

It's better than a lot of the Siege figures.. the whole whining about the back part is no different than Megatron's cannon sword and similar figures, I wish people would get over it already.

I got mine at ebGames with the 10% off, so price wise, that felt better but setting price aside, he's an amazing toy and probably the best accessories of any Siege/Earthrise figure so far.