Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #21
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: How Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen should have ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Questions then:
1) I thought in the first movie that driving the cube into either Megatron or OP would kill them no put them into stais lock. Otherwise it wouldn't have made sense that Prime didn't put the cube into his chest to keep it from falling into Megatron's hands thus avoiding most of the first movie.

2) What's the difference between stasis lock and death? Does it have something to do with the extinguishing of the spark? How do you extinguish a spark? When can you go into stasis lock vs dying?
1) Optimus only believed it would kill him with an energy overload. Since this is the only Allspark and the first time that was ever done the result of what it would do to a cybertronian was unknown. In Megatrons case it did not extinguish his spark, just put him into a comatose "stasis lock" state.

2) like with humans in a coma, cybertronians in stasis lock are still alive with functional "organs". Thus the spark isn't destroyed. As fiction has taught us that acts like the heart and brain of a Transformer, hence it's active during stasis lock. Much like humans and comas again stasis lock is entered after trauma so the body can more or less hibernate and recover. As for how does one destroy a spark? Well it's like destroying any organ really, blasting it works well, shattering the spark chamber (you see Jetfire yank his out, and Optimus crush the Fallen's).

Though I did just think of another plot hole, how did Optimus get up to speed on the Fallen and his history? He said at the beginning of the film he didn't know what a fallen is, he was dead during Jetfires explaination, no one said "Optimus you gotta stop that guy he's gonna destory the sun". Yet during the right scene he suddenly knew of the Fallen and his brothers and his betrayal...I suppose the only explaination for that would be the "knowledge of the matrix" passed that information onto him...or Jetfire's merged databanks...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 02-18-2010 at 09:34 AM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #22
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Tehe'd, enough.

Still think, that, as the movie only got worse as it kept running, they should have ended it after the title card.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #23
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

haha...loved it... hilarious!!
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #24
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Though I did just think of another plot hole, how did Optimus get up to speed on the Fallen and his history? He said at the beginning of the film he didn't know what a fallen is, he was dead during Jetfires explaination, no one said "Optimus you gotta stop that guy he's gonna destory the sun". Yet during the right scene he suddenly knew of the Fallen and his brothers and his betrayal...I suppose the only explaination for that would be the "knowledge of the matrix" passed that information onto him...or Jetfire's merged databanks...
Yeah...the matrix sounds like a good explanation OR... it's because he's a colored in black... all transformers that are painted black are evil ... EVIL and should be destroyed.... It's built into all autobot's programming.... BLAST HIM, HE"S COLORED BLACK... oops ... sorry Ironhide...hahahah
Old 02-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #25
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I do a little video editing, and this is what I'd do. You'll have to rip the movie into a video file, whether it's avi, mpeg, etc., is up to you. Then you'll have to use a video editing program, which has to support said video file format, to cut out scenes, which is pretty easy. But making it seamless may take a little work. Then you'll have to export the video back out.

It actually sounds more complicated than it is, but that's what the general procedure.
Any suggestions for programs to use for this process?
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:38 AM   #26
kreutz013
Generation 2

@GMfan101
Can I get a link on where did you get this information?

@Mighty Galvatron
Try using DivX Author for video editing and Magic DVD Ripper for ripping DVD movies.
kreutz013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:26 AM   #27
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
1) Optimus only believed it would kill him with an energy overload. Since this is the only Allspark and the first time that was ever done the result of what it would do to a cybertronian was unknown. In Megatrons case it did not extinguish his spark, just put him into a comatose "stasis lock" state.

2) like with humans in a coma, cybertronians in stasis lock are still alive with functional "organs". Thus the spark isn't destroyed. As fiction has taught us that acts like the heart and brain of a Transformer, hence it's active during stasis lock. Much like humans and comas again stasis lock is entered after trauma so the body can more or less hibernate and recover. As for how does one destroy a spark? Well it's like destroying any organ really, blasting it works well, shattering the spark chamber (you see Jetfire yank his out, and Optimus crush the Fallen's).

I've heard this before, but while it could work as a fan explanation, it's not really believable considering the sheer number of problems and disconnections in the movies.

For one, the presence or absence of Megatron's spark would've been really easy to check before chucking him into the ocean. The Autobots would've checked to see if he was dead or just in stasis. So either the Autobots were dumb and didn't check or he was dead and the AllSpark shard did bring him back from the dead, in which case Sam was dumb for not using it on Optimus.

Secondly, one would think that if they used the AllSpark shard to bring back Jetfire, even from stasis, and have seen the AllSpark give life to and heal Transformers, that Sam would guess that maybe the shard could revive Optimus, rather than randomly guessing and then laying all his hopes on the fact that a key to a sun-harvesting machine would be able to bring him back.

Third, if the stasis explanation was the intention of the writers, that isn't what was indicated by Orci when asked about it afterwards. I can't remember his rationale, but he admitted it was confusing. In fact, he mentioned he didn't want there even to be two shards either, but they did it to service the choices of action settings.

Then one can argue that the Matrix shouldn't even have the power to revive as well as operate some crazy machine while also being some kind of spiritual plane for the other Primes. And if the Primes have some sort of divine control over the Matrix and can refill it, then even with the Fallen getting his hands on it, they ought to be able to still render it powerless. And if Sam and company didn't find it, wouldn't that be better because he wouldn't be able to use his machine that could threaten the solar system? Better to keep that thing hidden.

The AllSpark, the shards, the Matrix, and the machine that can surprisingly do anything to a star a hundred million kilometres away are all a big, obvious, and key part of the super-fiasco that is the plot of ROTF. I have only seen the film once, so my knowledge of the details is admittedly lacking, and I haven't really tried to reconcile the confusing elements of the film, but it's not close enough to be worth the effort.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #28
slippy
Robot in Disguise

we all fight together right? lol
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #29
kreutz013
Generation 2

"right"
kreutz013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #30
terrordrone
Armada

now THAT is an ending
Someone once said of Terrordrone: "Not only are you a discredit to Transformers Collectors, but also the general population as well." That is what I get for connecting the dots for people who can't follow along.

terrordrone is offline   Reply With Quote