Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 10-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #11
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 66 - Wars, Machines, Hunters, and Their Beasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by northren prime View Post
the episode is not appearing on the itunes list just to let you know.
...this is getting annoying as hell. I have no idea why it isn't saving the iTunes information when I initially put it in.

Should be up soon

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:42 AM   #12
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

I didn't know Transmetals were so "controversial", for lack of a better word. The way I always understood it, the quantum surge more or less turned them inside out. It made their beast modes robotic and their robot modes organic. It also upgraded them. It was stated in the show that TMs are more powerful than the originals/plain Beasties. Probably due to the alien elements from the Planet Buster. I also theorize that the third modes are remnants of their pre-Earth alt modes brought out by their TM reformatting.

As for TM2s, I basically see them as artificial Transmetals who are imperfect and thus they're all kind a F'd up. And in place of a third mode, they all have supernatural powers. Cheetor and Dinobot 2 seemed to have regenerative powers, while Blackarachnia had telekinesis.

Optimal Optimus, TM2 Megatron, and Tigerhawk are kind of their own thing but still definitely fit into their classifications. Optimus is definitely a TM1, even though his robot mode is more robotic. And I guess I see why people may think of him as a TM2, because he did display some supernatural power in Feral Scream Part 2. But I think that's more due to his connection to the Matrix. Even though he's not carrying it, he definitely still has a connection to it. And again, with Megatron and Tigerhawk, they both have third modes like a TM1, but their still definitely TM2 if anything.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:45 AM   #13
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Tigerhawk had a third mode??
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Yeah, not a "true" third moe though. You put his helmet on and flip his weapons forward. It's basically just an attack mode.

BTW, guys I think Lazorback looks more like a griffon than a dragon.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #15
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Interesting episode as usual guys, keep it up.

I don't know if I quite agree that forgoing Fort Max or 3rd party figures due to cost could be considered crazy. In my case I'm just not in the market for a Fort Max (I'd love one but I don't think I have the room to display it) and 3rd party figures just aren't generally my cup of tea (not that they don't look great).

You make a great point that smaller regular purchases add up, but for me I already have purchases planned out and I'm alright with passing on Fort Max. Maybe someday I'll take the plunge, but I'm just not finding myself wanting one bad enough to go for it.

I've been on a Unicron Trilogy kick lately, so I enjoyed the question about what UT figure you'd like to see get an update. I'm still crossing my fingers for a Demolishor (Armada body not the Energon one) update. That guy has become one of my all time fave TF characters and I would love a new figure of him.

Looking forward to the next Slag, guys.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).

Last edited by Stapler; 10-26-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I jsut had a flash! I know who needs an update!

Thunderblast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAdtHO6RbwI

We really need more alt-mode variety and we are severly lacking in marine Transformers (or anything NOT a car or a plane, really guys no Prime Constructicon?), it would give us another Deceptifemme and she needs a toy that's not a shelformer. As long as she's got better engineering than Airachnid...
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #17
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I'd be all for that. I love me my marine altmodes.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I have a problem with some of the notions you guys put forward in regards to getting new items.

I agree that patience is advisable, and that many of these items are available through different means. But speaking as one of the many who is bitching about the TF drought we're in (going on 8 months now), while I know there are other avenues available to get these figures - I just got Jet Vehicon from ebay and Knockout is on his way from BBTS - what angers me most is that we shouldn't HAVE TO resort to buying figures online that should have been in stores months ago!
The US is current starting wave 5 of PRID (the last before the BH re-brand) and we still have yet to get beyond wave 1!

As for the MANY "Just get a credit card" comments, that is the most assinine advice I have ever heard! This country is currently drowning in consumer debt largely due to people having and using credit cards they can't afford.
Take me for example; I'm a stay at home dad with no imcome of my own save the quarterly GST, and monthly Trillium benefit cheques, and what ever I happen to sell off from my own collection. Should I really get a credit card? I can, but I really shouldn't. Fortunately I found a way around that buy opening a new bank account that provided me with a Visa debit card so I can shop online using my own money, incurring no debt.

I also take umbridge at the notion that since the stores don't have what I'm looking for that I should just buy anything instead.

And sure, your point is valid that the $80 I spent on Prime figures could have gotten me 1 really nice vinatge one, but the reverse is also true, that $80 I blew on 1 figure could have gotten me 4 PRID deluxes.

Also back to "patience", and how these figures will eventually show up, I'm sorry but I shouldn't have to wait 3 years for Vehicon, or Airachnid to show up at Winners, or 15 years to get it loose and cheap at a con. I'm currently living through that now trying to finish my BM show cast. And why? Because the last few waves of BM figures never came to Canada!

I get the point that some people just never shut up about it on the boards and such, but you have to admit that it is a valid complaint. Especially when you take collectors out of the equation and think about the kids who are watching this show and may want a Knockout, or a Bulkhead, or a Ratchet, and the only damn things clogging shelves for the last 8 months are god damn Bumblebee's!
And yes you could say that the parent's could also buy online, but even if they can find them online do you really think parents are going to pay those online prices? The bloody Vehicon goes for almost $30 on ebay before shipping! And until recently BBTS had Ratchet for $21.99 US plus shipping.

I really don't think it's unreasonable to want to be able to find these figures at retail.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #19
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
Cannonball remake? Cannonball remake. At this point I would settle for a remolded First Edition Bulkhead.
That actually looks kinda cool...with a new head and different weapon it could really work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZaid View Post
You said my name right "FEZ ZAID"
Is that Zaid pronouced "Zade" or "Said"?! O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
I jsut had a flash! I know who needs an update!

Thunderblast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAdtHO6RbwI
Am I the only one who likes her the way she is? :P

I will agree that it would be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I have a problem with some of the notions you guys put forward in regards to getting new items.

...what angers me most is that we shouldn't HAVE TO resort to buying figures online that should have been in stores months ago!

...I get the point that some people just never shut up about it on the boards and such, but you have to admit that it is a valid complaint.

...I really don't think it's unreasonable to want to be able to find these figures at retail.
Okay! Logic time!

I don't understand where this preconceived notion that everything should be available to you at retail. No one EVER said if you get wave 1 you would get every other wave that follows. That's just collecting and retail in general. It's a roll of the dice thanks to case assortments and distribution and its always been that way.

In addition, practically EVERY Transformers line has had items in it that never hit Canadian retail and I'm fairly certain outside of the US most countries are also in the same boat. To even counter point myself even the US may not get certain lines, molds, and also have missing waves.

Is it unreasonable to want every wave to hit retail? No.
Is it unreasonable to expect every wave will hit retail? Yes.

Since it's been this way for the longest time I don't know why anyone would assume we would suddenly get every wave now. My point is if you want every thing from every line, you will absolutely have to be resourceful and expand outside of the mass retail only mindset because Transformers is so huge right now, that expecting everything to hit North American retail will not be happening any time soon.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Addressing Malwave's question: What would you like to see as part of the GDO line? Basically the repaint question.
I would like to see Universe Inferno/Grapple repainted into Hauler.
RTS Jazz with a new head repainted as Cybertron Crosswise.
Generations Warpath with new repainted as Action Master Treadbolt.
WFC Megatron with new head, repainted as Galvatron.
And just so I don't go on forever, finally, Prime Thundertron repainted into Lio Convoy, but with proper colors, not like that crappy AM version we're getting, and a new Prime head like this:

Secret Code's question: What Unicron Trilogy characters would you like to see redone as Classics?
ARMADA FREAKING STARSCREAM! Maybe scale him down to a voyager or deluxe. Throw out the sound gimmicks and put in more articulation and a better looking wing sword(and make both wings able to turn into swords). Then repaint/remold the hell out of him. Honestly, I don't know why Hasbro hasn't done this yet.
Armada Sideways would be really cool too. Particularly if they kept the dual/combining Headmaster gimmick. He's an under used and much forgotten character, IMO. Especially considering he's a dimension hopping spawn of Unicron. He could just cause havok in whatever fiction he finds himself in.
And Armada Megatron would be a great updated figure as well. The original was such a brick. Maybe take a few liberties with the designs and just make him totally badass.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 10-26-2012 at 10:13 PM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast