Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-15-2024, 01:42 PM   #3591
lifedragon99
Beasty
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerncrowe View Post
Got my 25% RClub coupon today.... the problem is that they've raised prices by 20% over the last month or so.

Enjoy that 5% discount everyone!

Man, didn't even think about that was excited to finally pick up Tow-Line on sale, I hate this retailer, and starting to hate others too.

I think the price increase are to cover the HMV expansion, and the fact that they closed all but two of their Rooms+spaces stores they bought after Bed bath and Beyond closed.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:37 PM   #3592
Northerncrowe
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Man, didn't even think about that was excited to finally pick up Tow-Line on sale, I hate this retailer, and starting to hate others too.

I think the price increase are to cover the HMV expansion, and the fact that they closed all but two of their Rooms+spaces stores they bought after Bed bath and Beyond closed.
Probably. I just don't think their prices make sense. I can get stuff at Gamestop, DJC Collectibles, Walmart or even Pulse at retail. Or if I wait long enough, even Target sales prices can be good and that's factoring in exchange. Their clearance marvel legends went from 19$ to 35$ and the regular legends and joe classified are 45-49$!!!

And are the HMV products bringing people into the stores??? You know when Best Buy has better Toy prices that you're doing something very wrong.
Northerncrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 02:45 PM   #3593
Ozrein
Stunticon

ToysRus have totally lost touch with reality if they think they can continue business with their current pricing strategy.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:18 PM   #3594
Napseeker
Generation 2

The Putman guy is an idiot. He's done more to drive away almost all but the richest toy collectors from TRU after buying it up. I still think about that newspaper article calling him some kind of genius (hah!). I used to give TRU 90% of my toy money and now it's more like 7% and only when their stock goes on actual clearance.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 07:13 PM   #3595
Wheelwave
Cybertron

Keep checking back here thinking Wheeljack is up.

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 07:56 PM   #3596
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Keep checking back here thinking Wheeljack is up.
There's no need to keep spamming the thread with the same post.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 08:10 PM   #3597
kaku0o0
Generation 1

Went to trus today because of the 25% off. Half of the toy section is now CDs/DVDs, books/manga, and even pop culture T-shirts. I felt like I was in Indigo/Hot Topic for a moment. I grabbed the SHF Figuarts with a coupon since it is one of the few items still at MSRP that I can find. Transformer section is so small and bad my local Walmart has better stock. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6085.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	54510 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6086.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	54511Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6087.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	54512
kaku0o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 11:52 PM   #3598
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerncrowe View Post
Got my 25% RClub coupon today.... the problem is that they've raised prices by 20% over the last month or so.

Enjoy that 5% discount everyone!

Is that coupon for everything? The large part of the e-mail says "any one item" but when you read the fine print it says "valid on your purchase of $10 or more (before taxes) of ANY LEGO building sets purchased at toysrus.ca or at any Toys R Us location in Canada."

Which makes it sound like it's just a Lego coupon. Or that some intern that got tasked with sending out the e-mail pulled the fine print copy from a Lego coupon and forgot to change it to "any item"
Old 03-17-2024, 08:11 AM   #3599
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
e-mail says "any one item" but when you read the fine print it says "valid on your purchase of $10 or more (before taxes) of ANY LEGO building sets purchased at toysrus.ca or at any Toys R Us location in Canada."

Which makes it sound like it's just a Lego coupon. Or that some intern that got tasked with sending out the e-mail pulled the fine print copy from a Lego coupon and forgot to change it to "any item"
Ya the wife called that out, also now that troop builder's all but gone ain't much left I would use it on

Maybe busting down TowLine's boosted price? if I hadn't already bought him from Pulse clearance sale, natch
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 01:36 PM   #3600
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Ya the wife called that out, also now that troop builder's all but gone ain't much left I would use it on

Maybe busting down TowLine's boosted price? if I hadn't already bought him from Pulse clearance sale, natch

If I hadn't blown my monthly budget already on the RID Prime Haslab, Classified VAMP and some clearance items at Walmart I might be tempted to go in and see if there was something I would buy.

However pricing makes it a moot point, along with selection. 25% off makes most stuff only a dollar or two cheaper than other retail locations. Now if I could have used it on clearance items, that would have been a different story.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote