Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 05-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #11
zackmak
Robot Master
Re: Wife has VIP Cullen ticket, but we don't want 2nd autograph. But is 2nd sig worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
Not sure why you both bought one, they let you take other people in with you so your wife could have just gone with you for free.
Really? I don't remember reading anywhere in threads that others could join you in line without a VIP pass. Also, my thought was that the 'meet and greet' was going to be in a separate room, and therefore my wife would be forced to wait outside for whatever length of time. Not to mention not being able to sit with me in the front rows of the panel.

Sir Prime A Lot, do you have a link to a thread where what you mentioned was stated, please?

Also, if that's the case, and I sell off her entire $160 VIP ticket, would she still be able to join me in the VIP room/line? What about seating at the panel? Can I put her in my photo with Cullen? Maybe this is a question for a mod/Super Megatron. I'm sure there will be others in the same position.

Thanks for all the feedback!
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:33 PM   #12
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician
Re: Wife has VIP Cullen ticket, but we don't want 2nd autograph. But is 2nd sig worth

Quote:
Not sure why you both bought one, they let you take other people in with you so your wife could have just gone with you for free.
I know there was a member here that made a post asking if anyone would give them their autograph, he had something he wanted signed but didn't buy a ticket.
For FREE you say I have gone with my wife and friends many times and we still have had to pay for tickets not sure where you get this FREE thing and the Cullen Experience is only for people who have paid for said experience. like the signature and meet and greet are kind of the same things as you will meet and greet him as you get a sig and he will probably have his own room for said activity. The Panels will be open to normal ticket holders but the first fronts rows are reserved for Cullen ticket holders.

Everyone but young children have to pay for admission.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:21 PM   #13
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I have a ticket as well, I'm thinking either a book like the Vault or the Matrix DVD box set. If I was into tattoos I'd have him sign my arm, not wash it and get it tattooed with a G1 Optimus Prime above the signature.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #14
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

The Cullen sessions are in a separate area, and only open to those with tickets, yes. The only exception would be children being permitted to attend with their parents.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:22 PM   #15
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

I had tickets to meet him at the Calgary Expo. My friend that waited in line with me took 2 of his nieces in with him on a single ticket. They also got in the photo with him. There was another guy in front of me and his wife was waiting in the line with him, when they got to the front they asked if she wanted to go in too but his wife said no, she didn't want to go in.

If they're doing the same deal there, here's how it goes:
1. You buy your ticket for a certain time slot (I bought 1:30pm)
2. You look on your actual ticket and see your more exact time slot (mine was 2:10).
3. You go line up at your time and wait in line for an hour with everyone else. People go in one at a time so you slowly get closer to the front.
4. As you get 10-15 people from the front, they hand you an autograph ticket, an exclusive poster and a t-shirt.
5. When you're next in line, the guy asks what you're having signed and takes it from you, as well as your autograph ticket. No ticket, no autograph.
6. When the guy before you leaves the other side, you go in and talk to Peter as he's signing your item (he's seated).
7. You stand next to his seat and get your photo (he doesn't get up)
8. You leave and get your photo outside.
9. You need the photo and your receipt in order to leave, they scan the barcode on the photo and the barcode on your receipt, that closes your purchase in the system. Once they scan these it automatically sends you your digital copy via email. No scan means no digital copy.

If they are doing it the same in Toronto, you can take anyone else you want in with you, up to 4 people.

If you want to get the photo signed you have to get the photo without any autograph and hold onto your autograph ticket. Then get back in line with your photo, wait another hour and go through again to get the photo signed. I realized when I did this that they didn't remember me and handed me a second autograph ticket so I got 2 signatures and 2 photos for the price of 1.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:30 PM   #16
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

These are completely different events, TFcon will be nothing like Calgary.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:32 PM   #17
chans formers
raff ow roud

^different show altogether , from both the way its ran and the mentality.
at the Calgary expo, you're essentially a number.
at tfcon, you're a fan.
it'd be like comparing apples to oranges.

back on topic to zackmak,worse case,if you now have an extra signature that you don't know what to do with,what about getting something signed to put into the auction for the childrens wish charity auction?just a thought
Old 05-05-2015, 07:38 PM   #18
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
These are completely different events, TFcon will be nothing like Calgary.
Oh cool, okay. How will it work at that show? Do you organize this event?
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #19
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
^different show altogether , from both the way its ran and the mentality.
at the Calgary expo, you're essentially a number.
at tfcon, you're a fan.
it'd be like comparing apples to oranges.

back on topic to zackmak,worse case,if you now have an extra signature that you don't know what to do with,what about getting something signed to put into the auction for the childrens wish charity auction?just a thought
Might have to be a donation for 2016, as the charity auction is on Friday night this year iirc.

Quote:
Oh cool, okay. How will it work at that show? Do you organize this event?
I think it has been pretty much laid out at this point. Was their a specific question that hasn't been answered that your looking for clarification on?

-Three separate autograph/photo sessions that must be purchased in advance. 2 Saturday, 1 Sunday.
-Each Cullen VIP Pass gets you a Weekend Pass, Autograph on an item from your own collection, certificate of authenticity, special lanyard, a photo op with your own camera and priority seating for Cullen's Q&A.
-smaller children will be allowed entry with parents, but photo ops are limited to the person who bought the ticket. You can't get a picture with multiple people if they didn't buy a ticket.

Super_Megatron can correct me if I missed anything or have something wrong

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #20
Gumby
Beasty

I usually get multiple signatures from voice actors. I have a few cast pieces that I'm working on so I'd love a second autograph so I could add Cullen to either my G.I.JOE box set or Gremlins dvd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1(46).jpg
Views:	196
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	28339   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1392.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	28340  
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote