Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 05-06-2015, 02:28 PM   #21
Gumby
Beasty
Re: Something to consider for future premium guests.

It's not a question of if the package is good or not- it is- it's about many people just aren't interested in or use much of what the package consists of.

Ex: Including admission is GREAT as some shows don't (like the recent con that Cullen guested) and while a weekend pass is nice, most folks just go for a day because that's all that's needed.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:21 PM   #22
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

So your still supporting the show whether you go a day or all days or just an hour . You cant just get a 3 hour pass so either way your paying for a full day i am only going for one day and i have to go back cause i missed the first run and i have to go back on Sunday. Do I think it is an inconvenience ? sure do. Am I happy that I will have to make 2 trips? Not really. Am I really really effing happy that I will meet Peter Cullen? You bet your ass. So the Positive out weighs the negative.

Also to add I would love to see someone in line at a convention and be like "I see you are charging $20 dollars for a days admission." "Well I am only going in for like 2 hours can I say only pay 5 bucks ?" " It is only fair as I am not going to be here all day and to take more is to rip me off" The people running the show would be like well to bad admission is $20 bucks deal with it or go home.

Last edited by Masta_Skidz; 05-06-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #23
Gumby
Beasty

.......nobody is against supporting the show.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:02 PM   #24
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

I'd like if there was an option to purchase the ticket without the weekend pass... for those who stupidly misunderstood (like my self) and have three tickets as a result.

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:04 PM   #25
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Yes, I bet everyone would love to have a less expensive option but that simply might not be viable for either TFcon or Mr. Cullen. We don't know the inner workings or financial details that go into attracting this caliber of guest.
You're right, we don't. But like I said before, I really can't see a full weekend's admission being one of their (Cullen & Co.) stipulations.

Quote:
As structured the VIP passes sold out in a matter of days - supply and demand is extremely relevant.
Its not really relevant at all. I'm sure they still would have sold out if there were multiple options as well.
They only sold out at this price point because A) it's Peter Cullen, B) there were no other options, and C) PETER FREAKIN' CULLEN!

Quote:
Rest assured that your opinions have been noted and I'm sure TFcon is always going to try and give its attendees the best deal it can.
Of this I have no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
I dont see it as throwing money away as I want to meet the man and get his signature. I have never paid for an autograph myself; my wife has and I did not see the point until now as I was able to meet the other but did not want an autograph. I am a huge Optimus Prime fan and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, so if it was more I would have paid it.
Well, bully for you! It's great that you can afford to blow a whole weekend's admission for one day, but some of us can't. $150 is likely to be my entire budget for TFCon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
You don't get to sit down to tea with him, you get the same 30 seconds as you would any celebrity at a convention.

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 05-06-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:18 PM   #26
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
Also to add I would love to see someone in line at a convention and be like "I see you are charging $20 dollars for a days admission." "Well I am only going in for like 2 hours can I say only pay 5 bucks ?" " It is only fair as I am not going to be here all day and to take more is to rip me off" The people running the show would be like well to bad admission is $20 bucks deal with it or go home.
Now you're just being ridiculous.

But I'm sure some people have tried that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
.......nobody is against supporting the show.
Yeah, you can stop arguing about "supporting the show", that's not what this is about. No one is talking about boycotting, or claiming that TFCon is trying to rip us off. Stop putting words in our mouths.

All we're saying is that clearly many of us (and despite all your bluster you seem to be one of us) would have liked some more options.

Like I have said before, even if stuff like the photo op and such were a necessary evil, I could make my peace with that. It's the admission factor.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:20 PM   #27
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Well, bully for you! It's great that you can afford to blow a whole weekend's admission for one day, but some of us can't. $150 is likely to be my entire budget for TFCon!
I save up $20 a week for the full year so I have money for this show if you cannot learn to have better money management skills for surprises like this then it is not the conventions fault. Okay say there was another option say option B) Cullens Sig for $100+ admission. Would you still pay for it ? as it is most of your spending cash ?
Old 05-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #28
Gumby
Beasty

Ah, yes. The classic "poor money management skills" defensive.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #29
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Say what you will i am am getting mine
Old 05-06-2015, 04:34 PM   #30
Gumby
Beasty

As far as the "What if it was Welker?" comparison, if things were the exact same, I'm sure people would have the same questions/concerns/suggestions.