Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
steamwhistle
Crossover
The Transformers VENTING Thread

Does something bother you?

Rage about it here.

It doesn't have to be anything significant or important, or maybe... it is!

Sometimes it's just good to vent and have some good-natured fun, and maybe find that others have similar peeves.

Maybe, you'll be lucky, and someone else might have an idea or two to be able to help resolve an "issue".

Otherwise, just let your rage be known...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:04 PM   #2
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

To start:

I'm spending a few hours rearranging my displayed collection.

I find that I really hate Ball Joints.

It's simple and all, although I haven't brought myself to try the clear nail polish "fix" yet.

Notably, the ball joints on the exo-suit which came with MP Bumblebee. I spent 10 minutes trying to pose the guy -- Spike or Daniel, or whomever it's supposed to be -- because the arms kept popping off. Annoyed, I am.

It also happens frequently on the CW and PotP bots... It's not as bad, 'cos they're bigger, but still annoying.

I suppose it's worse for me as my toddler thinks it's fun to pop the legs off...
Old 10-08-2018, 03:41 PM   #3
bubbacon
Generation Everything

I've always been annoyed at the inconsistency of reissues. There's been plenty of reissue series over the years but what they've lacked is consistency.

For example there's the commemorative series from toys r us in the early 2000's, the encore editions, the plantnium editions, the newest walmart editions, etc.

One consistent line would be great, either through one retailer or all of them, doing a set amount of reissues per year.

I think the latest walmart reissues are the right idea, a few characters at a time and in retro packaging. The question of course is whether or not the line will continue.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #4
BludChylde
Generation 2

My rant is about how Hasbro set the waves up for Power of the Primes and Combiner Wars.

How hard would it have been to put all Aerialbots in CW wave 1 and all Stunticons in wave 2? I have a Superion missing a limb and my Menasaur consists of 1 limb (I admit my own fault on Motormaster because at the rate he was not selling, I kept tlling myself I'd just get him next time). Defensor I managed to get all 5 (didn't realize just how cooler the smaller guys were until TR so I never got Groove). Onslaught is the only Bruticus member I never found in store, but at least having to track the torso down might be a bit easier than the limbs.

PotP, I'm still missing Sludge and Snarl, yet my WalMart some how managed to get 3 Rippersnappers. At least with TR and it looks like Seige, you aren't out a complete sub team when wave 2 has a hard time showing up.

Oh stupid question for anyone that can help. Does anyone know of a website that still has the Hasbro promotional images for CW/TR/PotP? I had been using them as desktop wallpapers, but my hard drive died in August and I didn't have them backed up. Unfortunately I can find a couple, but not all and cannot find the Dinobot ones at all. Figured I'd tack it on here because I didn't want to clutter up the main page making a post asking.

Last edited by BludChylde; 10-08-2018 at 03:50 PM.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:04 PM   #5
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
My rant is about how Hasbro set the waves up for Power of the Primes and Combiner Wars.

How hard would it have been to put all Aerialbots in CW wave 1 and all Stunticons in wave 2? I have a Superion missing a limb and my Menasaur consists of 1 limb (I admit my own fault on Motormaster because at the rate he was not selling, I kept tlling myself I'd just get him next time). Defensor I managed to get all 5 (didn't realize just how cooler the smaller guys were until TR so I never got Groove). Onslaught is the only Bruticus member I never found in store, but at least having to track the torso down might be a bit easier than the limbs.

PotP, I'm still missing Sludge and Snarl, yet my WalMart some how managed to get 3 Rippersnappers. At least with TR and it looks like Seige, you aren't out a complete sub team when wave 2 has a hard time showing up.

Oh stupid question for anyone that can help. Does anyone know of a website that still has the Hasbro promotional images for CW/TR/PotP? I had been using them as desktop wallpapers, but my hard drive died in August and I didn't have them backed up. Unfortunately I can find a couple, but not all and cannot find the Dinobot ones at all. Figured I'd tack it on here because I didn't want to clutter up the main page making a post asking.
I'm not strictly defending it, but there was an interview with Warden or somebody (I believe on BWTF) where it came out to being a design issue. Air Raid wasn't ready yet for some reason or another so they swapped him with Drag Strip.

I mean, I agree. It was an insane way to do a wave.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:07 PM   #6
optimusb39
Animated

my biggest gripe right now is the size of modern transformers . that new ss bumblebee?! the guy stands barely a head taller than a legend class but sells for more than a deluxe figure. i remember when the deluxes where big. same size as a smaller mp scale and the prices ranged from 10.99 to 13.99.
and remember when zellers closed shop? every deluxe they had "on clearence" was 25.99! $25.99!!
and worse! people bought them, and then other stores went hey! if peolle are willing to pay $26 for a $17 figure than maybe theyd pay $20 without complaining. and so the sheep munch on unaware or uncaring that prices just keep on going up, and we keep on buying cheaper junk at higher prices.
baaahh!
ever wonder what would happen to the world if all the sheep that jump the fence in our dreams just suddenly decided to wake up!?
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #7
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

It’s frustrating that better versions of characters come out year after year, making previous figures obsolete and worthless (resale that is).

Especially when one customized so many figures.

Got ROTF Voyager Megatron? SS Megs has made him obsolete.

Bought Classics figures of the Ark crew? All obsolete.

Bought MP Optimus? MP v2 has made him obsolete and- wait, wait... MP v3 has just made v2 obsolete. Stay tuned for v4.

And 3p is so much worse. Paid $200 for XTB Apollyon when he came out? He’s now obsolete 10 times over and you can’t sell him for $50. His replacement is obsolete. The replacement of his replacement is obsolete.

Bought FP headmasters? Ahahahahahaha OBSOLETE.

Whatever you just bought is going to be obsolete and worthless soon.

CAVEATS AND DISCLAIMERS

I’m not really complaining here. Well I am, but I know it’s stupid to.

- there will always be better figures, one could wait forever and never buy anything
- better figures are, well, better. That’s a good thing.
- my older figures don’t stop being what they are just because newer, better figures come out
- this hobby is never an investment, we will always lose money
- those older figures brought me joy etc etc
- and so on

I wouldn’t change it. I wouldn’t want it to stagnate. I like new and better figures.

But I am also painfully aware of the thousands of dollars that are now worthless. And the hundreds of better figures I can’t afford and have no space for... unless I sell old stuff... to a fandom that doesn’t want it.

Rant over.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #8
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
It’s frustrating that better versions of characters come out year after year, making previous figures obsolete and worthless (resale that is).

Especially when one customized so many figures.

Got ROTF Voyager Megatron? SS Megs has made him obsolete.

Bought Classics figures of the Ark crew? All obsolete.

Bought MP Optimus? MP v2 has made him obsolete and- wait, wait... MP v3 has just made v2 obsolete. Stay tuned for v4.

And 3p is so much worse. Paid $200 for XTB Apollyon when he came out? He’s now obsolete 10 times over and you can’t sell him for $50. His replacement is obsolete. The replacement of his replacement is obsolete.

Bought FP headmasters? Ahahahahahaha OBSOLETE.

Whatever you just bought is going to be obsolete and worthless soon.

CAVEATS AND DISCLAIMERS

I’m not really complaining here. Well I am, but I know it’s stupid to.

- there will always be better figures, one could wait forever and never buy anything
- better figures are, well, better. That’s a good thing.
- my older figures don’t stop being what they are just because newer, better figures come out
- this hobby is never an investment, we will always lose money
- those older figures brought me joy etc etc
- and so on

I wouldn’t change it. I wouldn’t want it to stagnate. I like new and better figures.

But I am also painfully aware of the thousands of dollars that are now worthless. And the hundreds of better figures I can’t afford and have no space for... unless I sell old stuff... to a fandom that doesn’t want it.

Rant over.

Beautifully said man!
Couldn't agree more
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:45 PM   #9
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

I am currently pretty pissed that I will have to pay leader price for that upcoming Siege Shockwave who himself is just a voyager. Espeially since its that new 70$ leader price we are talking about. Thats rough, even with the anticipated sales.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:38 AM   #10
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post

.... ....

Rant over.
Yep... OBSOLETE!! I feel that too.
All it really want, in a basic sense, is good-looking, well-articulated, figures to represent the G1 North American cartoon cast.

Now I seem to have multiples of characters, and, still, none of them are "perfect".

I, too, bit on Apollyon. I have a Generations Blitzwing which was good at the time, but have since acquired Titans Return Blitzwing and have to tolerate the HeadMaster (ya ya Titan Master) thing. Octane is missing his head thanks to this gimmick (and my toddler - haha).

I do like many of the "Legends" lines... they do well represent the minibots - especially Windcharger, Bumblebee, Beachcomber... I just wish they were a bit bigger to scale with MP Bumblebee...

Gah.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle