Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Items For Sale or Trade

Old 08-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: The Vancouver Toy Pool

Taking a page from Nocturn, and I know Azim has a few toys he wanted to get to locals, I thought I'd start a thread for Vancouver. I know we have an active community, and something like this can only go towards strengthening it. There's a lot of really great stuff comming out, so lets beat the scalpers at thier own game!

The way this works is, if you want a toy, post a want ad. Keep tabs on this page, and if you see a wanted toy in stores, buy it, and then the first person in the pool gets to buy it from you at cost.

If you want a toy added to the pool, post and I will add it. If you want to be added to the want list for the pool for any figures, post and you'll be added to the queue.

Once a seller has the toy, they will PM the first person on the list and make arrangements. Or if you prefer to do it through escrow, I can middleman it for you.

If there are 'haves' and no 'wants', this works as a for sale thread, the first person to post for it gets it.

Rules:
This will only work if people give back!
1) If you request to be added to the pool, and you spot a toy or two that are listed as having 'wanters', you have to pick it up for them. You must do this for at least as many items you are on the waiting list for!

2) Metro Vancouver only.

3) You cannot ask more than retail+tax+7% travel expenses or your cost+7% travel expenses for your toys. Otherwise this is just a scalp list. I personally will only sell for what I paid.

4) If you are a 'have', and you post in this thread or PM the person who is first on the 'want' list, the 'haver' must wait a minimum of 48 hours for a reply. If there is no response within 48 hours, the 'haver' has the option of going to the next person on the list, or waiting longer for the first place 'wanter' to reply.

5) The 'wanter' must accommodate the 'haver' within reason, when it comes to timely replies and travel time. Use your common sense here, someone is doing you a favour so try to make it as easy as possible for them to get the item to you.

6) As a 'wanter', if you fpeel you won't be able to pick up or pay for your item in a timely manner, you have the option of bumping yourself down the want list a few spots. Post or PM me if you'd like to do that.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Richter
Nexus Maximus
The Vancouver Toy Pool

On to the pool:

Masterpiece Grimlock
Want:
monkey16

Have:

Generations Dirge

Want:
jjwankenobi

Have:

Generations Darkmount
Want:

Trans4mers

Have:

WFC Megatron
Want:
Trans4mers

Have:

WFC Soundwave
Want:
jackwacko
icetron
Trans4mers
Delta-Raven

Have:

HA Jazz
Want:
Lysist (walmart price only)

Have:

Lets prove that Vancouver can have a community too!

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime

Last edited by Richter; 09-24-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
Trans4mers
Energon

Great thread Richter! Let's build this friendly community. I've been away for a while because of the animosity built over the years which should be water under the bridge. Please put me down for

1x MP Grimlock
1x TFA Ironhide
Trans4mers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter View Post

2) GVRD only.
should really be Metro Vancouver....

"In 2007, the GVRD board unanimously supported a proposal to the provincial government to change its official name to Metro Vancouver.[4] While the new name took effect in September 2007, the Province declined to amend the Greater Vancouver Regional District's letters patent to change the name to "Metro Vancouver".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Vancouver

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Lysist
Alternator

I would be interested in an HA jazz (but not at TRU prices), Rodimus and Ironhide

Cool idea.

Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
should really be Metro Vancouver....

"In 2007, the GVRD board unanimously supported a proposal to the provincial government to change its official name to Metro Vancouver.[4] While the new name took effect in September 2007, the Province declined to amend the Greater Vancouver Regional District's letters patent to change the name to "Metro Vancouver".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Vancouver
Hahaha what? ok ok

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Old 08-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
Ozrein
Stunticon

I'm looking for a TFA Rodimus and Ironhide.

I'm more than willing to help anyone out. In fact last time I was at Walmart there were a couple HA Jazz's. Next time I'm in there I could grab them if people are interested. The price was back up to $39.9X though.

Oh and as far as cost to the 'buyer', I think rounding up to the nearest dollar or 10 dollar is reasonable depending on the original cost. A legend that costs 6.50 works out to 7.26 with tax. A reasonable request would $8 mostly for simplicity's sake. While an HA figure would be around $45 w/ taxes and I dont think $50 would be completely unreasonable for that, specially if you're going out of your way to meet up with someone. $5 for gas is pretty cheap to get the figure you want. Just my .02.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Ya that's why I gave a 7% travel allowance, that gives you a buck a deluxe and about 3.5 bucks on a $50 toy

And ya we have 2 HA jazz requests, looking at the walmart price point of $39

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime

Last edited by Richter; 08-27-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #9
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Trans4mers, I picked up a pair of rodimus and ironhide today, you're first on the list so they're yours if you want em. My cost only

PM me to arrange a pickup!

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Old 08-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #10
venksta
Render Project Creations

Awesome thread idea!

Seeing how all the Rodimus are gone by the time I found out, put me down for him only at the moment.