Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #21
Oberon Prime
Beasty
Re: tfcon 2014 high's and low's

Was my first TFCon. Attended with some great people. met so many more great people. Highlights were meeting peaugh and so many others. All were super approachable. Prior to this I'd been in a room with maybe 4 or 5 other fans at once otherwise strictly 1 on 1.

Loved the dealer room never imagined that my very meager budget could go so very far. Was truly worried that I'd only be able to swing a couple of items.

The exclusives were pretty cool. Really appreciated the surprise of the far more affordably priced Pestilence exclusive. Truly loved that I had the option of an exclusive figure that didn't limit my options so far as the other stuff I came for.

I cannot think of any negatives at all, aside from the fact that I didn't do the whole weekend. And that by the time I got over my shyness for new people and situations that it was almost done. But that is obviously me. I'm sure next year (and I intend to attend next year) that won't be such an issue.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #22
Slayback
Animated

Highs: Free Burrito?! What? -totally. Thanks W. (see..you're first)

1 Encore Fort Max sold and 1 Takara Metroplex sold yeeehaw! - only 3/3 more to go...

Thanks Hardreturn for drinking with me at the bar on friday night..

Dinners.

Lows : Drinking at the bar with Hardreturn, having previously popped an allergy pill causing drowsiness.. dude - even i couldnt understand what i was talking about...

Sunday morning all you can eat breakfast at the hotel. i havent lost 3lbs in such a short amount of time in a dog's age...

sb

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #23
Stormrave
Machine War

Highs:

Sue Blu skyping in. I don't blame her for not being able to come in person due to her unavoidable injury, but it was awesome of her to Skype in rather than just be absent entirely. I would love to meet her in person another year.

Charity Auction on Friday night was very well timed as it didn't conflict with any other events or panels going on through the day.

Got Pestilence who is my first ever 3rd party toy. At $20 he was affordable even on my small budget this year and he looks great.

Cybertronic Spree and singing along with all the songs from the Movie without getting in trouble with hotel security (like in 2012....) (to be fair to the hotel, it was 2 am, and we'd had a lot of sugar.)

Seeing all the awesome people from past years...

...AND new people who came up to talk to me and introduce themselves!

Lows:

Mostly that the bar seemed unprepared. On Saturday I was going to eat before the concert but it took 40 minutes to get a waiter's attention and at that point I decided I'd be better off eating the food in my pockets and going to the bar later. Seems like they should've had more staff. Also, by Sunday night they'd run out of burgers so we never got those prime burgers we'd intended to have. This does not negate that the bar is a great place to hang and the con specials menu is deeply appreciated.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #24
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorsigma2 View Post
CC we do this place breakfast lunch and dinner prepare for next time my friend
Why didn't you tell me it was that yummy!?

Honestly in my mind I thought it was some sort of buffet place, which I like to avoid as I would over eat.

If the next quarterly con (or is it mid year con) is at the same hotel, then count me in!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #25
Plainsjumper
Machine War

A low would be hearing a dealer complain about how other dealers' prices were too low and that the TFCon should restrict dealer entry so that bots that are 5$ and 10$ aren't sold.
Plainsjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:32 PM   #26
Big Filipino
Protectobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainsjumper View Post
A low would be hearing a dealer complain about how other dealers' prices were too low and that the TFCon should restrict dealer entry so that bots that are 5$ and 10$ aren't sold.
That's horrible. Can you identify or recall where that dealer who complained was located?
Big Filipino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #27
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Filipino View Post
That's horrible. Can you identify or recall where that dealer who complained was located?
I agree. That should not even be an issue. Must have been someone not doing as well on sales cause they were charging to much. I believe there were quite a few cases in which some dealers simply had better deals than the people across from them or beside them, but I don't think they have the right to tell someone else how much to sell an item for, nor complain about it. It's unfortunately not the first time I have heard this at shows. Shame really
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #28
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Pffftt..........

That will never happen.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:20 PM   #29
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy

Couple of things:
Another great con!
This was my first Friday night and I will go back!
Staying till one AM then coming back next morning lol.
Meeting new and old friends!

Cons:
Some of the dealers, I'm not talking about prices but attitude!! I will say right now I will not deal with at least 3-4 of these regulars ever again that attend, as their disgusting behaviour towards people, and in fact (customers) at the show. I don't know what it was but if money is tight and you believe that we as convention goers owe you something your wrong! I also hope that these 3-4 individuals are not returning to these events as they don't belong. As I also want people to know that if they have a bad experience that I'm sure the staff and organizers would want to know! (Well I hope they do.)

Anyways overall it was a great show, with really 3-4 bad apples!!
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #30
RageD
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
Couple of things:
Another great con!
This was my first Friday night and I will go back!
Staying till one AM then coming back next morning lol.
Meeting new and old friends!

Cons:
Some of the dealers, I'm not talking about prices but attitude!! I will say right now I will not deal with at least 3-4 of these regulars ever again that attend, as their disgusting behaviour towards people, and in fact (customers) at the show. I don't know what it was but if money is tight and you believe that we as convention goers owe you something your wrong! I also hope that these 3-4 individuals are not returning to these events as they don't belong. As I also want people to know that if they have a bad experience that I'm sure the staff and organizers would want to know! (Well I hope they do.)

Anyways overall it was a great show, with really 3-4 bad apples!!
What was your issue with the dealers? Just rude?