Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-02-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
Pascal
Banned
Your favorite BW toys...

I admit it right away, I've never been a huge BW fan toy-wise. Too much kibble most of the time and disapointing transformation (stand-up-formers I call them). I do own much of the leaders (BW Primal/Megatron, BW2 Lio Convoy/Galvatron, BW Neo Big Convoy/Magmatron) and combiners (Tripredacus/Magnaboss), but outside of that...

I recently went to a convention and picked up TM Rampage and TM Depth Charge. Wow. They might suffer from über kibble-itis, but they're massively cool. I once had BW Neo Longrack, I thought it was pretty cool and unique too, I'd like to get it again at some point. B'Boom was another good one that I once had and wouldn't mind getting again. Same thing with BM Rattrap. And maybe the big Cheetor (I know that toy is universally despised but I'm a sucker for big TFs).

So what are your favorite BW toys?

Last edited by Pascal; 05-02-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Your favorite BW toys...

For leaders I like Big Convoy and Magmatron the most, other then that...Primal Prime is pretty awesome but he was released in BM FROM a BW mold...does that count? :P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

My favorite BW moulds are:
- Big Convoy: while his beast mode suffers from virtually zero articulation (moving trunk/tusks don't really count), his 'bot mode more than makes up for it. He has great articulation, plenty of weaponry, and that "I'm going to kick your ass if you piss me off" imposing look.
- the original Optimus Primal, specifically the Japanese "Reborn" one or the North American TRU 2-pack one): My first BW toy was Universe Optimus Primal, and while I never cared for BW toys before, this one really impressed me. Great-looking and solid modes, amazing articulation.
- the original T-Rex Megatron, specifically the Japanese "Reborn" one or the North American TRU 2-pack one): I was so amazed with my Universe Primal that I bought a BM T-Wrecks. Impressed me just as much.

I don't own any BW/BM toys outside of Primals and the original T-Rex Megatrons (Megatron, TRU Megatron and T-Wrecks). The Transmetal I/II Primals were kinda "whatever" to me, and the Lio Convoy mould wasn't as impressive as Primal's or Big Convoy's...
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise

I always really liked rasor claw when I was a kid for some reason. http://www.unicron.us/tf1997/toypics/razorclaw.htm

hidden spike and laswer claws are always awsome
ANDROID PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
Aernaroth
Metroplex

If you can get behind the animal mode, there are some great moulds in the beast wars line, many of which have already been mentioned.

What about the original airazor with the flapping wings? Or tigerhawk? or lio convoy? Excessive kibble or not, I even found some of the automorphing ones like rattrap pretty cool.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

This is kind of like the tallest amongst midgits discussion.

I'm going to go with Universe Nemesis Prime (was it Big Convoy in BW?). The bot mode is awesome! The beast mode is, well a beast mode... as good as it can get.

The rest is kind of meh to me. I had most of the Primals and sold them off. I've kept the Megatrons for some reason though. Something about Dino's and Dragons that I cannot pass up.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #7
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

For me, the top three figures from that line are:

TMII Megatron - great figure overall and an even more amazing dragon mode
Tigerhawk - same as TMII Megs; great figure overall.
Quickstrike - the Armourhide of the BW line I think; such a fun toy.
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #8
Pascal
Banned

I used to have TM2 Meg... I HATED it. Always had a hard time figuring out the transformation and I hated the floppy/bendable neck/arm, never pointing the right direction...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

I agree; that was the only flaw on that figure (the floppy left arm/dragon head). It would've been nice if that was jointed..
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #10
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Hard to belive that Beast wars was 10 years ago. I still remember going to TRU for Star Wars figures, seeing these so called 'Transformers' (pfft...animals aren't transformers.... ) and passing them up.

Little did I know what I was missing and how much money I would have saved if I just bought them at that time...

My favorites from that time inclued:

Big Convoy- For reasons mentioned...just a great toy.

Heinlad- Sure he is a clock, but he also had a great Beast Mode and one of the best robot modes ever.

Inferno- One of my favorites from the series, packing serious heat and the flying gimick is true to the show.

BW2 Megatron- Incredible detail, very nice bot mode, over all great toy.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote