Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-09-2008, 01:06 AM   #11
PrimeConvoy
Machine War
Re: Why people return stuff without telling the problem?

I once bought that 1:32 RC Camero at a walmart, came home with it, put batteries in it, tested it out and seen that it was a piece of shit. I then packed it back up in it's box, went back to walmart the next day and when I was asked why I was returning it i told the clerk that it wasn't what I wanted and it was crap and got my money back. I return TF all the time for any reason that I'm unhappy with. I always tell them "why " and not once have I ever had a problem with it.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:08 AM   #12
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

I have an entire folder on my Photobucket dedicated to toys that are returned that aren't the original toy; I take pics with my cell before I report it to the customer service desk.

FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:18 AM   #13
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Wow...just speechless at those pics
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:27 AM   #14
BraveFortressMaximus
Beasty

wtf is that crap to much for word xD
BraveFortressMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:32 AM   #15
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Wow some of those are actually really funny lol
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:45 AM   #16
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I don't get it why return better figures then what was in the box? I've seen:

Energon Grimlock in a 10th an. Waspinator box (he was tough to get, saw only once in Canada)
Energon Swoop in a 10th an. Rhinox box (same pack as Grimlock)
Cybertron Megatron (T-rex) and Optimus Prime (Ape) in 6' Titanium boxes
Energon Wing Saber in a Cybertron Metroplex box (sure he's a brick but he was a rare brick, again I only saw him once in Canada)

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Wal Mart has a pretty lax return policy.

I bought Animated Lockdown a few weeks ago, and I snapped his hand right off first Transformation.

I said "This is Bullsh!t" and decided to return it, when I returned it I said "This is broken" and the lady didn't even care/question it. I couldn't believe it. She just taped it up and threw it back on the restocking cart.

Return policies are even more strict now though than the past. I can remember when I was like 18 returning Clearanced Star Wars items to TRU for Jeffrey Dollars. As long as the item would scan up, you could get store credit. You could turn $6 at Wal-Mart into about $45 at TRU.

Does anyone still have a Clearance/Damaged Table at their TRU? The one in Kitchener used to have one, and I got some GREAT deals from that. But they took it away years ago. I noticed the TRU in St.Catherines still had one though.

Cheers!
-Ian

I also exchanged my Leader Bulkhead because the mouth didn't hardly work. Again, I told them it was not working right, and I don't think they cared.
Cheers Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #18
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I have no problem telling the person I am returning something to why I'm returning it. If it is defective, I feel it is my responsibility to tell them there is something wrong with it so they don't put it back out (I know this will likely not even stop them, but at least I did my part).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
He joked that he could return a PS2 box with rocks in it and get money.
I wouldn't doubt it at all if this actually worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Wow...just speechless at those pics
Yeah... this. Unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave.ca View Post
Wow some of those are actually really funny lol
It is funny to us, but I feel bad for the poor mom or dad who might have bought them thinking they are buying little Timmy a cool Transformer... Only to watch poor Timmy cry. *sniff*

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #19
aximili
Machine War

I had to return 2 Movie Bumblebees to Wal-Mart because the hood wouldn't attach back in car mode after I transformed him the first time. Even though I got it in the pack with Barricade, they let me switch him out for an individual one.

On a side note, but not completely unrelated: Does anyone else HATE the fact that DVD stores (HMV and Future Shop in particular) won't let you return a DVD if the case is broken as long as the DVD is fine. The really annoying one is when the piece inside is broken off so the DVD just rattles around inside. I now have to shake every DVD before buying and take special care looking over every inch of any box sets just in case. Of course I feel totally justified in telling them the DVD won't work if I have to...

But as for Wal-Mart and TRU they're pretty good at returns and exchanges even if it does mean we end up with those hilarious pictures. I'd love to see a Leader Optimus Prime box with a Barbie in it for sale.. that would be too funny!
aximili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #20
Spacemonkey
Energon

My Onslaught is now returned, the girl wrote the problem on a paper and put it on box. I alway tells the reason why i return something even if it's only something i don't like. As someone says it's in the vresponsability of the costumer to tell, in that way the store is in better position to determine what to do with the stuff.

The pics show how certain people are ready to do anything to make some easy cash. But the swapped minicons packs ant the movie BB in Brawl package are smaller problem to me since its respectively same line and price point and in the case if they're the last left, I won't be fooled.