Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you watch the new episodes of Transformers Animated?
On YTV/Cartoon Network 30 42.25%
Downloading from Online Sources 35 49.30%
PVR'ing or Recording 4 5.63%
Wait for the DVD's 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #41
PrimeConvoy
Machine War
Re: Pirating and Transformers Animated

I try to watch it on TV whenever I can. It's way better the sitting in front of my laptop, but for the most part I do download them. I really don't have much of a choice because I work 7 days a week until the summer, then I watch them on YTV I also bought the seasons too.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:17 AM   #42
TFtoys
Animated

I do prefer to watch the TF on TV, or recording the TV show and watch it after my 2 jobs and studying. It is not like other Japanese animate, such as Gundam which would take more than half year to be able to show those in here. The TF toys and the TF show are pretty much parallel at the same time, so I won't complain if I am few episodes behind.

Did I hear that we are not the target audiences? Then who is buying all the Blurr, Samuari Prowl and the newest wave last week? I don't think the toys could go this quick for all the children viewers who have all the money to buy those at the first time then some of us here. Unless most of them live near Toysrus and run to shop once those available...Neither their parents could not respond that quick when those new wave just put on the shelf while they are working.

I mean toys & animes are complementary for each other; if the animes are popular, it has direct affect on the sale of toys. Not to mentioned you saw some TF figure gone quicker than the clone war. If the toys sell well, the anime would have fans to track down each and every episode and wish for the 2nd seasons or more.

TF fans/collectors are also huge by comparing to the children viewers. TF animated might go for simpler and cartoony style, yet it is still TF. So what it is another TF generation or TF series, like Cybertron coming after Armada; there are still some collectable items and watchable moment in each different series.

Last edited by TFtoys; 03-28-2009 at 04:20 AM.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:32 AM   #43
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
I'm going with this. Our group isn't going to affect ratings at all, were just too small a number compared to the target audience.
That's the same rationality as "My vote doesn't count"
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #44
Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post

Then who is buying all the Blurr, Samuari Prowl and the newest wave last week? I don't think the toys could go this quick for all the children viewers who have all the money to buy those at the first time then some of us here.
While I'm sure a lot of us here bought them, there hasn't been a deluxe sale at TRU in a few months. That in combination with lots of new figures means a lot of parents probably jumped at the chance. I know I saw a lot of kids holding TFs and parents looking everytime I was there.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #45
Oreobot
Beasty

There needs to be an option on the poll for just watching the episodes on Youtube without downloading them onto your computer.

Sometimes I miss episodes and I am much more likely to buy a DVD if I can "sample" something online first. If I'm not supposed to see it at all unless I happen to be around when it's officially broadcast, then chances are I'll be apathetic and not care if I get an episode on DVD.
Oreobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #46
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobot View Post
There needs to be an option on the poll for just watching the episodes on Youtube without downloading them onto your computer.
Technically speaking, stuff you watch on Youtube does get d/l in your computers temp folders. Do a search for *.flv files and you'll see.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #47
jacobot
drone 179

all of the above...

Saturday morning with my kids
We PVR them to watch over and over
Watch stuff on YouTube

Buy the DVDs later when they come out
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #48
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Technically speaking, stuff you watch on Youtube does get d/l in your computers temp folders. Do a search for *.flv files and you'll see.
In addition to that, the service provider can spot how much memories you "download" including youtube and other online browsering. They just don't tell until you are over the limit of each month.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #49
CTO15
Beasty

Reasons as to why i have to download cartoons, and every other show I watch
A) I don't have cable
B) I'm a student, reason as to why I don't have money, don't have time.
C) convenience