Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #11
Pgianos
Banned
Re: What has happpened to Ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
There are still plenty of deals to be found on Ebay. I still sell there too.
Selling at a competitive price you will sell with up to 13% fees.

Buying is only when I get a coupon.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:18 PM   #12
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Yeah people who just want to get rid of stuff list it on Kijiji/Facebook these days; most folks on eBay are trying for maximum profit.

Fully I remember 10 years ago, browsing lots and $0.01 auctions, looking for good deals, and finding them constantly. Now any "transformers lot" are all broken/incomplete; people list intact items at insane prices, knowing SOMEONE will EVENTUALLY buy it.

Because, yeah, to most of us, $100+ for a deluxe is ludicrous, but some folks are just that desperate for toys, or are just that loose with their money.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:17 PM   #13
urfwc
Beasty

^

I agree with the kijiji and FB Marketplace, there does seem to be deals on those platforms, I picked up a CW Devastator on Marketplace locally a few months back in Dec for $60 in perfect shape. Marketplace I find it better then kijiji, and pretty much stay away fron ebay all together. In my opinion anyway!

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=65059

Last edited by urfwc; 04-03-2018 at 04:23 PM.
urfwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:18 PM   #14
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Word
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:22 PM   #15
Pascal
Banned

I found an unused TR Trypticon for $50 on the Facebook Marketplace, my uncle is picking it up for me tonight.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:24 PM   #16
urfwc
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I found an unused TR Trypticon for $50 on the Facebook Marketplace, my uncle is picking it up for me tonight.

huh, and I though you couldn't do better then a $60 dev.... lol .Great deal.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=65059
urfwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:33 PM   #17
Pascal
Banned

I could hardly believe it myself, I was convinced there was something wrong with it or missing. But nope, apparently some little girl got it as a gift and never played with it, having zero interest in Transformers.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #18
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Is there a link for Transformers on Facebook Marketplace, or you just search general listings?
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:43 PM   #19
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post
Ebay's pricing structure has changed over the years. There used to be fees for all listings, it was cheaper to start an auction at lower prices, there were costs for buy it nows, etc. That led to lots of low nominal cost, high shipping auctions. Today, they charge a straight 10% on cost + shipping for most auctions, which I generally prefer.

What I hate is their Global Shipping Program - it adds so much import and shipping charges to US-based auctions, I don't browse them anymore.
Yes, their GSP is responsible for so many lost sales by US and UK sellers to buyers abroad, for the simple exchange of easy shipping and courier services for Americans to sell to people who will not bother paying increased fees and taxes for their stuff in the first place. Not sure exactly what they tell them down there, but GSP is quite the barrier to purchase from most US sellers.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:02 PM   #20
wedge1021
Energon

It's been said for the past few years now that ebay is basically aiming their policies and rates in favor of "buy it now" sellers. They don't even really want the $0.01 auctions anymore - they're trying to compete directly with Amazon. Most people these days don't have the patience to hunt for a deal, wait 5-7 days for an auction to end, and then only to lose out to sniping at the last second anyways. Instant gratification is the name of the game for most, and Amazon and "Buy it Now" offer that. I've never heard or seen an ebay commercial before, but just today heard one on the radio pushing the fact that lots of items on ebay can be bought instantly without having to bid.

Personally, I rarely shop auctions anymore. I'll compare pricing on Amazon, Buy-it-Now ebay, and other sites and then just order on the spot. These days, I've got less time and more money to spend on what I'm looking for - moreso than 10 years ago when it was the other way around!
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote