Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 10-01-2015, 01:27 PM   #41
CAF
Banned
Re: MP-07 Masterpiece Starscream released in Canadian Retail

CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:02 PM   #42
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Ok so I heard back so as it turns out it's just one store trying to stop the raincheques but I guess the news has gotten around so they are going to honour them but going foward they won't issue them for unreleased products. If this becomes company wide or not we shall see
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #43
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Kudos and Godspeed to you young whippersnappers that have the patience and wearwithal to hunt for 'Screamer at brick and mortar TRUs.

Personally, I gave up on the hunt. No more empty MP-shaped shelves resulting in the futile shaking of fists in the air, as TRU employees secretly snicker from their Customer Service perch, while scalpers abscond with their teetering towers of MISB treasures, soon to hit Craiglslist or Kijiji at inflated prices.

I gladly pay on-line import prices to avoid all that now. I salute you, brave warriors.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:54 PM   #44
CPrime
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by species5618w View Post
Well, TRU just called me. Since my credit card had been replaced (due to an unrelated fraud), there's nothing they can do to move the payment onto the new card. She even got the nerve to say that I have the choice to cancel the order and reorder it even though she had just told me she couldn't reorder it. How is that a choice if it's not doable?

Really mad at TRU now, yet I still probably have to buy from them. Such is life. Urrrrrrg...
Just leave it be. I'd almost be willing to bet you mine coming in that they'll still process it and send it out, as long as you have a new replacement card by the time it releases.
CPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #45
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrime View Post
Just leave it be. I'd almost be willing to bet you mine coming in that they'll still process it and send it out, as long as you have a new replacement card by the time it releases.
Only if his new card is the same # does that stand a chance, his doesn't sound like a simple expire/update of new card. Any change in the # and it can't process. In m situation I "might" be okay as its the same card #, just a new exp/3digit security #
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:25 PM   #46
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
Only if his new card is the same # does that stand a chance, his doesn't sound like a simple expire/update of new card. Any change in the # and it can't process. In m situation I "might" be okay as its the same card #, just a new exp/3digit security #
My new card has the same number, you might have a chance. But hedge your bets and hunt, either online or brick and mortar.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:43 PM   #47
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
My local TRU refused to give me a raincheck for MP SS back when the 30% sale was on, because the flyer said the sale price was "subject to availability" or something like that, and this was an unreleased product at the time.
I can tell you from someone who works in Advertising and Marketing that 'subject to availability' has no bearing on whether it is released or not.

Since the item was active in their system, it technically is subject to availability so they would still have to write and honour a raincheck.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:01 PM   #48
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
I can tell you from someone who works in Advertising and Marketing that 'subject to availability' has no bearing on whether it is released or not.

Since the item was active in their system, it technically is subject to availability so they would still have to write and honour a raincheck.
OK I just got this and I don't disagree with your point at all. This was what I was waiting for because even if it's active they are going to state that because of the release date knowing that they don't yet have it they no longer have to write them going forward but anyone who has one it will have to be honoured.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	30348  

Last edited by wervenom; 10-01-2015 at 06:07 PM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #49
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
OK I just go this and I don't disagree with your point at all. This was what I was waiting for because even if it's active they are going to state that because of the release date knowing that they don't yet have it they no longer have to write them going forward but anyone who has one it will have to be honoured.
By that logic they can refuse to give a rain check for items that are listed and available to purchase on their website but sold out in store. Sounds like the manager at that location is flexing his muscle too much. I mean guess what, the Kylo FFX Lightsabers were not available in store during the sale on Force Friday. But they were officially released. Rain checks were given.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:28 PM   #50
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post

This was very much a YMMV situation -- at least one other board member in Winnipeg was able to get a raincheck, but I didn't. Same story around the country, too, based on people's reports. It depended on how accommodating the CSR was, I guess.

In this case I felt it was fair enough because SS hadn't been released yet. If it was just a matter of it being available but out of stock, I would've fought harder for it.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote