Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
IDW Till All Are One!

Ok so I'm currently reading Optimus issue #4 and Lost Light issue #4.

I saw that there's new issues of Till All Are One 1,2,3,4, revolution,6,7,8,8,10,11. I've read issues 1,2,3,4 and revolutions. Issues 5,6,7,8,8,10 and 11 takes place between which issues of Lost Light and Optimus Prime?

Thank you
Old 06-07-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: IDW Till All Are One!

TAAO takes place before Titans Return, right after Revolution? Issues 5-8 are immediately after the RID/MTMTE issues of TR. Issue 9 and going on take place after OP #6, more or less.

TAAO is cancelled as of 12. Scott was given a choice to rebrand for First Strike and chose to exit, rather than write about stories/characters she wasn't interested in.

It's a mess. The IDW scheduling issues pushed TAAO books WELL back from when they were originally meant to be released, but now fucking OP is at 7 when LL JUST dropped issue 6.

Sadly, I'm dropping OP and LL and TAAO is done in two issues, so that's it for IDW tf comics for me for the time being. Bizarre. The past six years have been such a golden age.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:15 PM   #3
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

So basically reading TAAO is pointless?
Old 06-07-2017, 08:22 PM   #4
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
So basically reading TAAO is pointless?
The book is sadly ending with issue #12 (and an annual to follow), but it's become my favorite of the IDW TF series and it's well worth your time to read it.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:47 PM   #5
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Its soo confusing. I don't recall reading anywhere where they show the "Previously" in the beginning of TAAO #5
Old 06-08-2017, 02:11 PM   #6
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
TAAO takes place before Titans Return, right after Revolution? Issues 5-8 are immediately after the RID/MTMTE issues of TR. Issue 9 and going on take place after OP #6, more or less.

TAAO is cancelled as of 12. Scott was given a choice to rebrand for First Strike and chose to exit, rather than write about stories/characters she wasn't interested in.

It's a mess. The IDW scheduling issues pushed TAAO books WELL back from when they were originally meant to be released, but now fucking OP is at 7 when LL JUST dropped issue 6.

Sadly, I'm dropping OP and LL and TAAO is done in two issues, so that's it for IDW tf comics for me for the time being. Bizarre. The past six years have been such a golden age.
So are the Novels a better read?
Old 06-08-2017, 02:55 PM   #7
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

What? Huh?

Taao has been a great comic and you should read it. Not sure what is complicated?

Old 06-08-2017, 03:27 PM   #8
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

TAAO is great and awesome read. To bad its ending,

I still don't understand what OP is doing other then being a tie in on earth and other comics they launched with Revolution, that honestly messed up IDW comics for the worse.

MTMTE was great, not that its become LL, I feel its not as good.

I just follow this order for reading them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tr...al_Comic_Order

Also no looking forward to first strike, as I expect it'll mess up all the comics again.

I wonder if Hasbro should turn over the license to someone else. IDW was great for a years, but I also think that golden age is over when it comes to transformers comics.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #9
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
TAAO is great and awesome read. To bad its ending,

I still don't understand what OP is doing other then being a tie in on earth and other comics they launched with Revolution, that honestly messed up IDW comics for the worse.

MTMTE was great, not that its become LL, I feel its not as good.

I just follow this order for reading them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tr...al_Comic_Order

Also no looking forward to first strike, as I expect it'll mess up all the comics again.

I wonder if Hasbro should turn over the license to someone else. IDW was great for a years, but I also think that golden age is over when it comes to transformers comics.
It was a pretty spectacular run. I don't see any reason for Hasbro to turn the license over. IDW is still doing a reasonable job in terms of management. I don't even know if Hasbro really cares what quality the comics are. There was five years of crummy TF comics under IDW before RID/MTMTE hit (yeah, there were some bright spots, but a HUGE portion of pre Roberts/Barber is simply not very good). And I don't really want a clean slate.

I've dropped OP (going nowhere), and I sadly dropped LL. The first arc was, IMO, bad; it went almost entirely in directions I didn't want to see, exacerbating Jro's worst ticks. TAAO was the only book left and it's done in two months.

From the way things are going with the shared universe (which IDW brought to Hasbro, not the other way around), the piles of books they're putting out right now, and a second big event fucking everything up, I don't think I'm a fan of IDW's current editorial direction. I loved having two great TF books a month and the occasional mini. This is... no.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #10
Roadhammer
Wrecker

I still read LL, but it's the only IDW comic I'm currently collecting. Though I may look into TAAO since the general consensus here is that it's pretty good. OP is of absolutely no interest to me, since it seems to be the one that ties in most strongly to this new "Hasbro Universe" I don't care about.

I still enjoy LL, but I do agree the general quality of the IDW material has gone down.
Roadhammer is offline   Reply With Quote