Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #11
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: 86 Movie: Why Jazz and Cliffjumper survived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
Someone earlier commented that 'this would have been a great question to ask Flint Dille at TFCON last year'. They're right, and it was asked, and he answered it.

I know this because I was the one who asked.

I asked him how they decided which characters would live/die. Whether it was determined by a long-term storyline, or if it was simply to make space for new toys.

He said, definitively, that it was all about toy sales. At the time, there was no drive to 'develop characters'. Like someone else in this thread mentioned, they also had no idea that killing Prime would have such an impact on the fans. They had no intention of bringing him back when they wrote his death. As far as they were concerned, he was just gone to make room for the new toys.

As much as we'd love to believe that the stories were intricately woven and planned out well in advance, they just weren't.

Flint was hilarious in the way he told these stories, and just flat-out said it was 'all about toys' at the time.
I would have thought availability of some voice actors may have gone into it too, but then again each voiced so many characters that it might not have mattered in the first place.

The inclusion of some non-toy characters in the movie like the alligatorcons, and other junkions, not to mention the quintessons themselves seems weird. Actual toys could have taken their place.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote