Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-21-2018, 10:30 PM   #21
TRUCKvsGUN
Re: The Seige Ultra Mangus pic, seems like Voyage class

Not a fair comparison. That CW one was crazy-hollow and the cab was a brick that bricked into his chest.

Why do people judge toys based on height? When has height ever been a real measure of the value of anything?

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:40 PM   #22
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Nobody's wrong for asking themselves if they can justify paying $70 for this figure.

My personal feeling is that Hasbro is asking us to pay more for less toy at nearly every size class, and my buying habits are adjusting accordingly.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:50 PM   #23
oroboru
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post
Not a fair comparison. That CW one was crazy-hollow and the cab was a brick that bricked into his chest.

Why do people judge toys based on height? When has height ever been a real measure of the value of anything?
Personally I judge based on paint apps and actual number of moving parts.
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:01 PM   #24
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Man even with shockwaves armour on it still a voyager deluxe at best not leader by any means.
On well worst $70 bucks spent.
alternatorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:31 PM   #25
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Its called a homage. Because other than the vehicle mode, he's clearly G1 Magnus.
Yes, nothing wrong with the homage. But if I want a g1 esque modern Magnus toy, I'd like the truck mode to match. Cw Magnus is much closer. The "real robot inside" conceit is toyetic and has nothing to do with ultra Magnus the character or as animated.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:43 PM   #26
Deception
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post

i created my collection based on height or at least close to it. it's never going to be perfect but when you have leaders close to the size of voyagers but charge more its going to tick people off. it's all personal preferance in the end. i built my chug collection based on characters from g1 and scale. ya a lot of them aren't legit g1 but i mean its close enough. seige ultra magnus has the look of g1 ultra magnus just not big enough to put with deluxes. i'd rather have that extra height over mass imo.
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:32 PM   #27
imfallenangel
Cybertron

I have both leaders next to me right now, transformed them a few times each, put them next to the rest of the Siege, along with many others...

I already debated the price issues of the Siege to death, and I do believe that they are overpriced if just in general.

That said, I did get the whole of the line because they are extremely nice, the figures and alt modes that I am interested in, and finally is a line with decent plastics.

So are they small for leaders?... Yes, quite. But the extra parts do make them much larger in the alt mode. And aside some items that could have seriously (and easily) been improved on, compared to so many figures in the last few years, they are overall better... It's sad that I have to judge them as "well, not as bad as what we've been getting lately", but are we are.

In robot mode, Shockwave is a bit different than previous versions with his add-ons, silly even, but still works in his own way, but is the same size as Megatron/Optimus with added on pieces. He's about more firepower.

Ultra Magnus is different... I absolutely love the white cab robot (finally a proper one) which very similar to Optimus, is a tad thicker, stronger looking. Next to Megatron, he looks like Megatron would get a whooping, and that's even before the trailer armour. With the armour on, he is a tad taller, but is much more "dense/massive", which to me, it great... I'd rather this than having him much taller, looking out of whack with the rest of the line. He looks like Optimus' bigger and stronger brother, that then puts on a legendary power armour, which could easily kick Megatron's butt across a field and not even break a sweat. He's about huge armour, massive strength, and, combine his weapons together to have a massive gun.

My biggest grievance for him is the trailer, which was not designed to carry any cars inside, something that could have been easily done with just a few tweaks.

So far, my biggest peeve with this line is that Optimus should have had a trailer (G1 type would have been great), So I hope a 3rd party does something decent.

So this to say that I absolutely do regret that it's so much money, but I have no regrets at having them at all.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-19-2019 at 08:48 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:14 PM   #28
BludChylde
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
i built my chug collection based on characters from g1 and scale. ya a lot of them aren't legit g1 but i mean its close enough.
This is what aggravates me the most about the fandom. I don't know how many times people throw the term scale around and have no clue about what scaling even is. From many screen shots I've seen in Siege Magnus' defense. He is a good height compared to a lot of voyager and deluxe characters. Hasbro screwed the pooch with the over size Leader Class toys. Overlord would look cool towering over Siege UM. POTP Rodimus Prime would look ridiculous.

Never bought POTP Optimus or Rodimus for one reason only. Neither character combines with their trailer or vehicle mode rear end to become a really tall robot. Having the characters stand that damn tall looks wrong. Yes they are taller than a lot of characters, but they shouldn't be standing that tall compared to everyone else. The Siege line is taking us away from a direction the line never should have went in the first place. Yes Magnus is Voyager sized, but could the trailer gimmick be viable at Voyager pricing? Shockwave I'll give you, don't care for 4 arm mode, the sled/drone looks nice, but he could have easily been released as a Voyager. Wouldn't be surprised if the additions were due to someone going "Oh crap, he looks too much like a gun. Let's get some removable spaceship-like parts before someone raises a fuss."

But then too, we are supposed to act like Groove can form an equal size limb to his team mates or that Bruticus somehow doesn't have 4 different sized limbs. But wtf do I know.

Last edited by BludChylde; 01-19-2019 at 10:38 PM.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:34 PM   #29
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Except for MP Magnus, Siege Magnus is the best looking figure out there
Old 01-20-2019, 12:12 AM   #30
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
This is what aggravates me the most about the fandom. I don't know how many times people throw the term scale around and have no clue about what scaling even is. From many screen shots I've seen in Siege Magnus' defense. He is a good height compared to a lot of voyager and deluxe characters. Hasbro screwed the pooch with the over size Leader Class toys. Overlord would look cool towering over Siege UM. POTP Rodimus Prime would look ridiculous.

Never bought POTP Optimus or Rodimus for one reason only. Neither character combines with their trailer or vehicle mode rear end to become a really tall robot. Having the characters stand that damn tall looks wrong. Yes they are taller than a lot of characters, but they shouldn't be standing that tall compared to everyone else. The Siege line is taking us away from a direction the line never should have went in the first place. Yes Magnus is Voyager sized, but could the trailer gimmick be viable at Voyager pricing? Shockwave I'll give you, don't care for 4 arm mode, the sled/drone looks nice, but he could have easily been released as a Voyager. Wouldn't be surprised if the additions were due to someone going "Oh crap, he looks too much like a gun. Let's get some removable spaceship-like parts before someone raises a fuss."

But then too, we are supposed to act like Groove can form an equal size limb to his team mates or that Bruticus somehow doesn't have 4 different sized limbs. But wtf do I know.
I've always wished that they (Hasbro/Takara) would do a proper scale series that would define the scale across all, including having to reconsider some of the figures and their alt mode so that they would be 100% (as much as possible) accurate, which would mean an average "starting" size for all the main characters to be a scout size... this would allow for such as Prime (or such) to be with his trailer at full deluxe "size", and then have the larger ones such are the jets, space shuttles, trains, etc. to be feasible in the larger sizes (similar to Leaders or even larger). This would make it great to release bases, Titans that would actually be usable with internal rooms, space, etc. Transport ships, etc.

For POTP Optimus, I bought it simply because I wanted at least one decent Optimus with an actual trailer, and the robot, actually looks amazing. But I consider that he's a stand-alone piece that I will never use as "scaled" to anything else... if anything, the Prime that I still consider the best G1 Prime is the Classics (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:ClassicsPrime_Vs.jpg) as it's simply amazing in it's simplicity for transformation, the robot is G1 cartoon accurate for it's size, and the truck is very passable, and he's made with excellent plastic. He is an example of how to do things right. Siege is excellent but the kibble is the weak point... (and both lack a trailer which is simply horrible).

And once you get both Ultra Magnus and Shockwave in hand, you get the feel of them, and they aren't too bad.

The worse thing I can say about Siege is that 1) you can see that while the plastic is great compared to so many for many years now, it's already showing that many pegs are loose out of the box, and will get loose (or looser)... and still too much emptiness syndromes in parts... Oddly, Prime is probably to best to be "full".. but the two leaders, way too much emptiness in parts.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-20-2019 at 12:38 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote