Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-12-2021, 01:47 PM   #1161
Tiffster
Classic
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Yeah, but what to do? Not buy them? I guess but they know we'll break eventually. And waiting for sale is good but you run the risk of missing out on the one with crappy distribution and those pesky exclusives that take the term to a new level. Between classics, the prime wars and current wfc trilogy I should stop....but I'll likely not.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 01:47 PM   #1162
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
With some Fans that won't stop asking for price increases, it was not only bound to happen, but I expect even more increases soon enough.
...... what the hell are you talking about?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 01:54 PM   #1163
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

He was saying that some people think if the price increases it would stop scalpers some how. I am not exactly sure how but I have read it a few times in a few different places.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:13 PM   #1164
imfallenangel
Cybertron

For those that don't follow my "fans are asking for it" is that I keep having arguments (mostly on TF2005) that many keep going on and on about "I'd pay more for proper figures" that should already be proper, such as quality (look at all the reports of breaking parts for the latest figures), the gaps that can be horrible with some figures, and the lack of accessories.

With the doubling of the prices in the last few years, these figures should be at least decent in the way that they shouldn't be missing guns and such, shouldn't have huge gaps, shouldn't be breaking so easily (or have issues right out of the box).

But somehow some fans argue that we should pay more for better quality, which I don't agree with, the quality should already be there.

Anyways, I don't want to bring this here, but yes.. a fair number have the mentality of repeating that they want to pay more for figures that wouldn't have the faults that they shouldn't have in the first place.

As we can assume that Hasbro does look and check out forums, eventually that does send a terrible message for us.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 03-12-2021 at 02:17 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:57 PM   #1165
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
For those that don't follow my "fans are asking for it" is that I keep having arguments (mostly on TF2005) that many keep going on and on about "I'd pay more for proper figures" that should already be proper, such as quality (look at all the reports of breaking parts for the latest figures), the gaps that can be horrible with some figures, and the lack of accessories.

With the doubling of the prices in the last few years, these figures should be at least decent in the way that they shouldn't be missing guns and such, shouldn't have huge gaps, shouldn't be breaking so easily (or have issues right out of the box).

But somehow some fans argue that we should pay more for better quality, which I don't agree with, the quality should already be there.

Anyways, I don't want to bring this here, but yes.. a fair number have the mentality of repeating that they want to pay more for figures that wouldn't have the faults that they shouldn't have in the first place.

As we can assume that Hasbro does look and check out forums, eventually that does send a terrible message for us.
Okay, that I can agree with you on and frankly, one of my frustrations with the price increase is that that ten bucks didn't come with the increase in quality or parts count it should have. Lots of fans seemingly trying to "justify" the price increase by convincing themselves QC/product is "objectively better." It isn't. Like you say, paltry accessories, widespread issues like Grapple, Flywheels had an issue that hindered transformation.

So people saying "I'd pay more for proper"... nah, they should already be there. It's just shite, mate.

Ah well.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:18 PM   #1166
fishtifer
Machine War

I just try to wait for them to go on sale unless it's a figure that may seem like a hard one to find in the future. I was able to get Ultra Magnus for $29 at TRU last fall and Arcee and Allicon for $9 each last December at Walmart, I wonder how they can sell them like that when they are supposed to be $30 each, and $70 for Ultra Magnus. Now I'm waiting for Warpath to go on clearance as I refuse to pay over $30 for such a small figure - he was already on clearance at one Walmart in Calgary for $15 (I missed out on that one) and he's coming soon to TRU...
fishtifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:04 PM   #1167
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
I just try to wait for them to go on sale unless it's a figure that may seem like a hard one to find in the future. I was able to get Ultra Magnus for $29 at TRU last fall and Arcee and Allicon for $9 each last December at Walmart, I wonder how they can sell them like that when they are supposed to be $30 each, and $70 for Ultra Magnus. Now I'm waiting for Warpath to go on clearance as I refuse to pay over $30 for such a small figure - he was already on clearance at one Walmart in Calgary for $15 (I missed out on that one) and he's coming soon to TRU...
The main issue is that a LOT.. like A LOT of figures are "grab when you see them otherwise you will miss it" that many have lived...

The "must-have" for anyone become scary due to this lack of numbers.

The exclusives are even worst.

So it's a gamble to wait for sales and such and many (I gather) will grab the important ones at full price and the secondary ones that are "if I see it on sale" do it when that moment arrives.

I've been lucky a few times lately and got "extras" of some figures as I fear breakage and what the pricing will be on some of these WFC figures in a few years as everyone's been scalping like crazy. (I've never seen it as bad as this last year)

Last edited by imfallenangel; 03-12-2021 at 04:20 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:15 PM   #1168
Tiffster
Classic

I buy from Toysrus when possible and sit pretty waiting for the inevitable 20 percent sale and then price adjust. Not sure the fire sale clearances at toys r us or walmart are that common place but you can't count on them happening.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:17 PM   #1169
delrue
Crossover

I mean Black Friday and Boxing Day sales are always clearance sales you can rely on, it's just what will be available in those sales that you can't.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:30 PM   #1170
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Quote:
The main issue is that a LOT.. like A LOT of figures are "grab when you see them otherwise you will miss it" that many have lived...

The "must-have" for anyone become scary due to this lack of numbers.

The exclusives are even worst.
Keep in mind that Studio 86 and the WFC line brought in a lot more collectors than transformers is used to having. Who would of thought finally giving fans what they wanted would increase sales.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart