Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Wanted Items

Old 07-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus
SDCC Bruticus Wanted... dead or alive

Hey guys,

I got totally screwed by HTS. If you're willing, I'll buy your Bruticus off you for $154 shipped. It would make my year. My wife's, too, since I'd stop sulking.

Really hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks!
The7thParallel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
Revenant
Generation 1
Re: SDCC Bruticus Wanted... dead or alive

Just a friendly FYI, HTS.com SDCC Bruticus shipped to Canada came out to be USD $155.00. I won't know if customs is going to hit me with duties on top of that until I receive it :P
Revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

damn that's crazy expensive
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
Revenant
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
damn that's crazy expensive
Yup, I didn't even know how much shipping was going to be until I hit that 'process order' button.

I just posted to say that even offering $200 shipped to somebody in Canada who got one for camping out on HTS.com for 3 days may not be incentive enough for them to sell theirs. Hate to say it but eBay may be your best bet or find a member on the US side that got theirs for around $115-120 USD shipped from HTS.com that will graciously sell theirs for under $200 shipped from US to Canada.
Revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Yup, I didn't even know how much shipping was going to be until I hit that 'process order' button.

I just posted to say that even offering $200 shipped to somebody in Canada who got one for camping out on HTS.com for 3 days may not be incentive enough for them to sell theirs. Hate to say it but eBay may be your best bet or find a member on the US side that got theirs for around $115-120 USD shipped from HTS.com that will graciously sell theirs for under $200 shipped from US to Canada.

Very true. But if they get it for 120 and don't want it or change their minds, I figure 34 for them to ship it is more than reasonable.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but unless it's accrued in value over the years I would sell my stuff for either what I paid for it or if it's used for less. I like collecting and I'm not in it for the financial gain. I like the stuff. If the shoe were on the other foot and I didn't want it, I'd sell it for my cost plus what it would cost me to send it to someone else.

I try to treat the other boardies here the way I would a friend. Maybe that makes me a fool, but I sleep well. I try to deal honourably. I'm not saying that those who turn a profit aren't good people, but if you're doing it because you can then I don't think that's right.

I know this is a sold out exclusive and that jacks up the price, but I don't know that it should be more money the same day it came out. That's scalping, in my book. If it were next year, that'd be different.

D'oh well. It never hurts to ask.
The7thParallel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Robot Master

Im in the same boat. But I dont mind paying over 200 for it. Considering I bought three Botcon deluxes exclusives for 100 a piece. 200 - 225 for five deluxes exclusives is justifyble for me.

Last edited by Cpl. Chrissandwich; 07-19-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Cpl. Chrissandwich is offline   Reply With Quote