Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-16-2017, 01:47 AM   #1
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Upgrading and Detailing Your Slugslinger...

Hello all,

I have had a good look at the new Hasbro Slugslinger and noticed that unlike the Takara version and the original G1, the four engine nacelles on his chest are not painted or detailed. Leaves a bit of a lack of colour on that part of the figure.

A good solution and a new product is to use what some hobby shops now sell, a paint marker that actually applies chrome paint on plastic models. Its a very new technology that would be perfect, as the original and Takara version has chrome lining on those chest nacelles, and imo it would look alot better on this Hasbro figure.

There are different brands, all new-ish products that I saw at a hobby shop here in Toronto. Many shops may have it but if u need me to find the actual name please let me know and ill see what info I can find.

Cheers,
MilanX3
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:16 AM   #2
Msol
Titanium
Re: Upgrading and Detailing Your Slugslinger...

Awesome. I'd be interested in knowing what some good brands are.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:50 PM   #3
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
Awesome. I'd be interested in knowing what some good brands are.
http://www.wheelswingshobbies.com/in...chrome-markers

Here are the ones they told me about in the link when I went to their shop downtown Toronto and spoke with them directly. If you go down there id recommend their advice on how they use them to the best effect as im unsure how viscous or sloppy they might be to use, its new for everyone so its good to speak with them about their experience using it. Very new product and technology, its quite impressive, you will find they are happy to have that on hand as well. Let me know if you find them and how it was to use it if you apply it to the Slugslinger or other figures..

Cheers,
MilanX3
Old 10-17-2017, 12:06 AM   #4
Deception
Crossover

Looks like gundam markers
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #5
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
Looks like gundam markers
Yeah, I don't know if it's new tech or not, but they sure do look like Gundam Markers, but my knowledge is limited on this subject.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #6
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

They are not Gundam markers, they are similar as they are sold as pens, but most Gundam markers are small in order to colour in the panel lines on the Gundams. These have different thicknesses. They are for hobbyists, plastic model kits mostly. Many hobby shops may have these, they have been around since March 2017 and my experience with them was speaking with the owners of a hobby shop in Toronto that sell all types of kits, incl. Gundam, but not Transformers toys. Its quite new, they were excited to have them for sale.