Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 03-20-2013, 01:07 AM   #11
hardreturn
break the line
Re: How many of you would sign up for a FRIDAY CUSTOMIZING CLASS (during the day)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
As noted above, so long as we don't miss out on that crazy-long registration lineup (and the limited exclusives) I'd be interested.

Last year the lineup started around 4 pm I think?
if somehow the exclusives were available for sale in the class maybe? not sure that would be fair though.

Feedback/TFW Feedback/Sales
hardreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #12
Coralle
Crocheticon
Re: How many of you would sign up for a FRIDAY CUSTOMIZING CLASS (during the day)?

A Friday customizing class! Yes please! 8 AM would be a great start time! That'd give me about two hours to find my way from the airport. (My flight arrives at 6 AM. I'm going to be so tired by the end of Friday! )

If this happens, I hope it doesn't fill before I can get in. I really want to get into this class! (ノ°□°)╯彡 ┻━┻

(♡´∀`♡) He's chubbly and wubbly and like two scoops of ice cream!
Coralle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #13
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardreturn View Post
if somehow the exclusives were available for sale in the class maybe? not sure that would be fair though.
It would be a good idea. As for fairness - all the customizers will be in the physical building long before any lineup starts, and they are paying extra for the class, so it wouldn't be unfair or unreasonable for them to get a choice imho.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #14
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

or make it that they are limited to 1 of each exclusive if there is more then 1 to be fair until regular registration opens.

i might be down for the friday class but would need to know far in advance so i could use a vacation day or something from work if i decided to do that.

i love doing the class since i have the past 4 years but you do miss quite a lot since it takes pretty much all day.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #15
CyberMnky
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I would be all over a Friday class vs a Sunday class... If I am able to go this year.
Pretty much exactly my opinion, except barring winning the lottery I know I won't be going thsi year

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #16
Big Filipino
Protectobot

I would be in favor of a Friday morning class as long as it's done early enough for me to get in line to get the exclusive.
Big Filipino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #17
omegaprime
Energon

Whats the scope of the class
omegaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #18
Nullray
IGC

I was thinking about this for awhile now. If you have it too early it would make a situation with dealing with the GTA morning rush hour traffic. Going out to the Airport area can be an absolute crazy nightmare. Attending would be amazing but dealing with that congestion not so nice. Perhaps having after Hotel check in time would be more suitable. Would there be two different models to build for different days?
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #19
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Friday...sign me up!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #20
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Yeah; if it's both a Friday and Sunday class, awesome indeed. I think the smart move would be to announce early on the start and finish times; ideally I'd hope the custom class would be able to finish around 1-2 on the Friday if it was that day (which would allow time to hang with people).

Alternatively, it might not be a bad idea to take advantage of the class placement and, if there's a break needed to allow paint to dry, break the class around 12 or 1 and then have people come back in the evening to do the final stages. That would allow PLENTY of time for everything to dry properly and take advantage of a Friday class placement.