Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 01-08-2024, 07:28 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
My Personal Top 10 Weakest Transformers of 2023

After the fan-voted picks a couple weeks ago, this is finally my personal top 10 list for weakest Transformers releases of 2023 (heck of a hard list to amass in a year this strong). Had to be from 2023 and had to be in my personal collection.
https://youtu.be/uWdwCtJuSNw
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 11:15 AM   #2
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: My Personal Top 10 Weakest Transformers of 2023

10 - while these are valid criticisms, I like him enough (even if he is a bit boring design-wise - give me the Animated version!)
9 - absolutely agree
8 - bayformer, never got it
7 - same as on the previous list, this was a great big d*ck move from Hasbort, they know what we want and they're not giving it to us
6 - Sucks to hear your copy was crap, I love this guy
5 - same as on previous list, it's a shame but the Legacy Stunticons started with a bang, and ended with a wet fart
4 - Hahah, yeah there's a reason this one is discounting on Amazon - weakest of the wave for sure, despite everyone's attempts to argue the contrary
3 - LOL wait no I forgot about this one, THIS one is weakest of the wave (man what a not-great wave)
2 - "lol gamer edition"
1 - ...huh, I guess so - I'll be the first to say that I was sick of Siege's (what) two battlemaster gun-molds, after they were re-used a bazillion times - I vastly preferred the TK Legends articulated targetmasters, which had much more variation in the molds, better paint, KNEES, etc - and while the Siege guns locked together better in gun mode, it wasn't worth the tradeoff imo... so yeah, I guess I can understand this - but coulda been worse, they coulda not been dudes at all (a la Siege Spinister's pack-in gunz)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 06:47 PM   #3
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: My Personal Top 10 Weakest Transformers of 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
10 - while these are valid criticisms, I like him enough (even if he is a bit boring design-wise - give me the Animated version!)
9 - absolutely agree
8 - bayformer, never got it
7 - same as on the previous list, this was a great big d*ck move from Hasbort, they know what we want and they're not giving it to us
6 - Sucks to hear your copy was crap, I love this guy
5 - same as on previous list, it's a shame but the Legacy Stunticons started with a bang, and ended with a wet fart
4 - Hahah, yeah there's a reason this one is discounting on Amazon - weakest of the wave for sure, despite everyone's attempts to argue the contrary
3 - LOL wait no I forgot about this one, THIS one is weakest of the wave (man what a not-great wave)
2 - "lol gamer edition"
1 - ...huh, I guess so - I'll be the first to say that I was sick of Siege's (what) two battlemaster gun-molds, after they were re-used a bazillion times - I vastly preferred the TK Legends articulated targetmasters, which had much more variation in the molds, better paint, KNEES, etc - and while the Siege guns locked together better in gun mode, it wasn't worth the tradeoff imo... so yeah, I guess I can understand this - but coulda been worse, they coulda not been dudes at all (a la Siege Spinister's pack-in gunz)
I generally don't care for Takara quality so having their targetmasters would be iffy for me. While I agree with your take on the siege lads, I mean, it's better than what we got. As for the bottom half of the list, man, it was rough to get 10 so some are weaker but not bad, per se. And, of course, as I said, this is my list and my experience with the molds in my collection. I reckon everyone's is pretty different.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote