Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-24-2008, 05:21 AM   #11
-KG-
Kranix
Re: TFTM2 toys

I can see them re-releasing some of the original molds prior to the movie release, almost as a reissue. Something like "Transformers 1 Bumblebee", only worded better. I know they will make the returning bots in different size classes, like a leader Starscream.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #12
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildtowild View Post
one thing that i have learned is that i will only buy the characters in the movie insted of every repaint or irrelevent mold. I have spent way to much.
That's what I've been trying to do all along, but I still ended up craving to buy the more movie accurate premiums.

Mainly, I just hope Hasbro will put proper paint aps on the figures' original releases, so I won't have to waste money on the re-done versions that unexpectedly appear.

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #13
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime View Post
Mainly, I just hope Hasbro will put proper paint aps on the figures' original releases, so I won't have to waste money on the re-done versions that unexpectedly appear.
Why do you think they will change their tactics? It worked out for them

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #14
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
one thing that i have learned is that i will only buy the characters in the movie insted of every repaint or irrelevent mold. I have spent way to much.
the only problem i see with this theory is that most of my favorite molds were irrelevant characters (incinerator, landmine, dropkick, and wreckage)

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #15
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. Now that they know how popular the movie was and how popular the second movie will most likely be, they will definitely do this again.

Between now and the next movie, I believe I have plenty of time to work out. and by work out, I don't mean weights, I mean work on my will power to not give into the repaint sceme. Never again, Hasbro!

As George Bush once said: "Fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again."

Last edited by pud333; 05-24-2008 at 11:30 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #16
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

Wait for the possible TFTM 2 premiums or not to wait, that is the question.

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #17
Barpharanges
Beast Machine

Barricade is in sore need of a better toy. He survived the movie, almost got as much screen time as Megatron and came closest to squishing Shia LeBeauf.
I want a Barricade that has hands, weapon accessories and a ball joint neck. I'd accept a more poseable Frenzy as a seperate piece instead of an engine block, but Frenzy has a splitting headache and shouldn't be in the sequal...
Barpharanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #18
Incepticon
Double Agent

Quote:
This is what kept collecting the Movie figs a lot less stressful for me - I only stuck to the main cast: Leader Prime, Megatron & Brawl, Voyager Ratchet, Ironhide, Blackout & Starscream, and Deluxe CC Bumblebee, Jazz & Barricade. 10 figures in total. Though I have yet to actually get Megatron & Starscream since I've been waiting for the more accurate Premium Editions to get released. But once I track those final 2 down, the book is officially closed on this series.

Quote:
I'm more concerned that they manufacture enough stock for the sequel so that we don't go through the same headaches we did with many of the originals being MIA for months on end. But as others have already said, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting that we'll get perfect versions from the start. In fact, I expect even more repaints and random add-on characters once the sequel happens since it'll undoubtedly be even more popular. I just hope that any more Premium styled repaints they do are actually *more* accurate rather than being *less* accurate like most of the current bunch are.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #19
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

My guess is that we will get same TFM molds with battle armor
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #20
Protoman
The Legend

Whatever the fiction gives us will be our direct answer. Sure Prime will be back, maybe a mod or 2. A new weapon? New grill? New paint scheme? Something to resell him, but in the end the major toys that will get all the scales will be the new characters. Soundwave will be getting the LOC, Fast Action Battler, Deluxe, ect not Prime or Bumblebee again.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote