Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #21
pud333
Animated
Re: HLJ - Lessoned learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Here is my tale of woe: I placed the order on the 11th or 12th. I paid via paypal on the 12th (and the payment was accepted). I put my customer number and order number in the paypal payment (since my paypal email is different from my main one).

I heard nothing back from them about everything being shipped. I emailed them a couple days ago to ask them what was going on (especially since Revoltech Manus is not in stock anymore). I quote my paypal payment, etc. I get a response that my order will be shipped in the next couple of days. No real apology, or any comment on the delay. Bascially the only comment said it was hard to match differrent emails to orders (I gave you my customer number and order number... how hard is that?)... ARGH!!!
HLJ policy according to the pay instructions in the email: To pay us via PayPal (recommended for the best exchange rate and fastest service), go to www.paypal.com and send your payment to paypal@hlj.com. Make sure you send the payment in Japanese Yen for the total amount shown above. Also make sure you send the payment from the same e-mail address at which received this message. In addition, include your order number (shown above) in the memo field of the PayPal payment form, and make sure you select "Goods - Non-Auction" as the type of purchase when you send the money.

I've ordered about a dozen items from them in the last three months and I've never had problems. Usually from when I place the order, it takes a week in total for them to get the item to me via EMS from the confirmation of the order to sending it out, to my home. So long as you follow their instructions, there are no problems.

If your paypal account email is different than your regular email you made the order from, you can just add the email to your existing paypal account and pay from that.

When you make an order and want it to be shipped all together to save on shipping, just login on their website into your account and there is an option to have it all shipped together. I find even with EMS, it's pretty much the same price I'd pay anywhere else with regular mail. Their prices are very good in my opinion. They charge the japanese prices and they don't gouge on shipping.

As I said, so long as you follow what they request, it's all good. Kind of strict, I know, but their prices and service are excellent when you do so. Definitely my favorite online vendor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Revoltechs are about ~$19 CDN (1900 Yen) on HLJ, while every other North American retailer sells it for about $24-30.
Being in Vancouver, it costs me total $26 bucks for a revoltech which includes SAL shipping. If EMS, it comes closer to $32. Very comparable when you consider taxes from CDN retailers and possible shipping on top of it.

Last edited by pud333; 05-27-2008 at 02:06 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:32 PM   #22
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
You can oftentimes find stuff for LESS on Ebay. I don't know why people always think they will end up paying more on Ebay, it's really not the case. You just need to look around.
This is not a guarantee on ePay. Supply and demand work full swing over there... just wait for a newbie (or deep-pocket collector ) ruin the game

As for no "wait for everything before shipment" thing: they probably has limited shelf space in their warehouse/office. They are in Japan where real estate is at a premium, esp. in a metro center, unlike operation like BBTS in the States where they have a huge warehouse for everything and then some (I have a pile of loot over there for a year already ). Last time I was over in Tokyo there every model kits and figures that are a month or so old are on sale/clearance because retailers just want to clear them out from the premium shelf space, unless the item is a highly desirable piece/limited collection.

But I do agree their payment and shipping policy is pretty restrictive and their ordering system is seriously out of date (may be due to the way credit card is process in Japan, though). I also got burn once when they ship my two preorder items separately because one item is just delayed for a week and I got to pay for 2 EMS shipments But, all in all they are very reliable (I have been using them since they started!) and their prices are fair, esp. on SoC's and Gundam kits. Shipping via EMS is fast: usually a week after they shipped it out.

BTW, you can try http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/ (don't leave the "eng" path out unless you can read Japanese )

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #23
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Also make sure you send the payment from the same e-mail address at which received this message.
Yeah, I saw that part of their policy, but figured quoting all of the other information (customer ID number, email address on the account, and the order number) in the transaction would make it easy to follow. I do this with other online vendors without incident.

Otherwise they received a payment for an order that did not exist and really should have refunded/not accepted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
If your paypal account email is different than your regular email you made the order from, you can just add the email to your existing paypal account and pay from that.
I did not know you could add email addresses to your existing paypal account. I figured I was going to have to set up a whole new one, which is why I did not bother in the first place. Thanks for the info on that one.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #24
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I did not know you could add email addresses to your existing paypal account. I figured I was going to have to set up a whole new one, which is why I did not bother in the first place. Thanks for the info on that one.
No prob. You can add it in your profile just like adding an additional bank account or credit card. Just make sure you switch the email address to make it your primary address or it won't work.

Last edited by pud333; 05-27-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #25
Icetron

I hope this isn't entirely off-topic, but I'm just wondering if you guys who ordered from HLJ ever got charged customs/duties on your orders? And what shipping method.

For me I've done SAL all along, maybe 6-7 orders so far and no customs/duties at all. My friend ordered ONCE using SAL and he got charged customs. I know that customs is sort of random, but I'm glad I've lucked out so far. Just curious if you guys ever got charged customs.

I know this doesn't have much to do with HLJ though..
Old 05-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #26
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
This is not a guarantee on ePay. Supply and demand work full swing over there... just wait for a newbie (or deep-pocket collector ) ruin the game )
Bah, that's only true for super hard to find items. If it's just a main release, it's usually not too hard to find at the lowest price. You just need to browse all the BIN or the Ebay stores.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:24 PM   #27
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
I hope this isn't entirely off-topic, but I'm just wondering if you guys who ordered from HLJ ever got charged customs/duties on your orders? And what shipping method.

For me I've done SAL all along, maybe 6-7 orders so far and no customs/duties at all. My friend ordered ONCE using SAL and he got charged customs. I know that customs is sort of random, but I'm glad I've lucked out so far. Just curious if you guys ever got charged customs.

I know this doesn't have much to do with HLJ though..
I've ordered from online retailers and Ebay sellers from all over the place, SAL and EMS. Never charged any customs duties (**knock on fake Ikea wood**). But yeah, like you said, it's pretty random what they decide to check/charge.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:52 PM   #28
alicethegoon

Pascal is right. I go to online retailer sites to get the standard price including shipping for whatever I'm interested in. Then shop ebay for a few days (maybe weeks) and always save. EBAY ROCKS!
alicethegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:19 AM   #29
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Bah, that's only true for super hard to find items. If it's just a main release, it's usually not too hard to find at the lowest price. You just need to browse all the BIN or the Ebay stores.
True most of the time.

I also want to get my stuffs reliably, not entirely based on price (yes, I got burn selling and buying on ePay before). I'd rather pay a bit more if I have to. It is just me...

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote